Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else interviewing on Dec 13th?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an acceptance email !!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on Dec. 6 and received my acceptance e-mail today too!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an acceptance email !!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Wow nice turn around.
I just interviewed today, but the admin counselor informed us that because of the season, we probably hear back in January. Can anyone who interviewed this time around in the past years comment on that.

Ps...interview was nice n smooth.

I received my acceptance email today too!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow nice turn around.
I just interviewed today, but the admin counselor informed us that because of the season, we probably hear back in January. Can anyone who interviewed this time around in the past years comment on that.

Ps...interview was nice n smooth.

I also interviewed today and was in group 4, it was very smoothly

approximately how many candidates do they interview on one date?

Just got invited for an interview! Anyone else looking at a January 24 interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your supplemental application?
Not at all! I submitted mine on the 7th, so this past weekend. I saw an email last night while at work and, figuring a quick response couldn't possibly be good news, I put off checking it. It was a nice surprise.

Not at all! I submitted mine on the 7th, so this past weekend. I saw an email last night while at work and, figuring a quick response couldn't possibly be good news, I put off checking it. It was a nice surprise.

Yeah that is a nice surprise! Congrats! I was just trying to figure out where my application stands because I send mine in on the 2nd and I haven't heard anything back yet. But I know they've been busy with interviews this whole week.

Anybody on the alternate list hear back anything yet? I haven't but hope they will start getting back to us sometime...

Anybody on the alternate list hear back anything yet? I haven't but hope they will start getting back to us sometime...
nope not yet....I was kinda hoping that we would hear something but I figure prob after the new year

Congrats on your acceptances! :)
Don't forget to join your class FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/680019335375835/

If you've been placed on the wait list, don't despair! When I applied, I interviewed in May, wait listed in June, accepted in July. There was a case where a student was taken off the wait list the night before orientation. Have faith, you will end up where you need to go.

For those interviewing in the upcoming weeks, please dress warm and wear comfortable shoes. It's snowing and the grounds can get slippery.

What did you think of the whole group interview thing? lol

It was my first time having an interview with a group. I think I had 5 including myself. I actually didn't mind it at all and honestly, it didn't feel much different from the one on one interviews I've had.

can anyone elaborate on how different this school is from the glendale campus? besides the 3 vs 4 year curriculum?

I don't think anyone has answered this yet so I'll give you my thoughts since I've interviewed at both campuses now. The Downers Grove campus seemed to have research opportunities and a work study program where students can do research for a professor and sometimes get paid (or get credit hours towards an elective). The Glendale campus stated that the school was not research based and none of the professors participate in research, which is why they are able to have the "open door policy." On my interview day at CPG, the current students we talked to basically said that if you wanted to do research, you would have to find those opportunities on your own. This would be important for students who are considering doing a residency upon graduation.

Another difference I noticed during my interview at CCP was that the faculty varied in their type of pharmacy practice which I thought was great for students who want to network--during my interview at CPG I think I had one 3rd year student, an alumni, and a professor from another department, so I'm not sure if the pharmacy professors only teach or have other activities as well.
The students at CCP also seemed more active on campus with organizations, but perhaps this was because it's a 4 year program? Both are on a quarter system.
These were the things that stood out to me the most in terms of the differences between the two. Hope that helped a little bit.

It was my first time having an interview with a group. I think I had 5 including myself. I actually didn't mind it at all and honestly, it didn't feel much different from the one on one interviews I've had.

I don't think anyone has answered this yet so I'll give you my thoughts since I've interviewed at both campuses now. The Downers Grove campus seemed to have research opportunities and a work study program where students can do research for a professor and sometimes get paid (or get credit hours towards an elective). The Glendale campus stated that the school was not research based and none of the professors participate in research, which is why they are able to have the "open door policy." On my interview day at CPG, the current students we talked to basically said that if you wanted to do research, you would have to find those opportunities on your own. This would be important for students who are considering doing a residency upon graduation.

Another difference I noticed during my interview at CCP was that the faculty varied in their type of pharmacy practice which I thought was great for students who want to network--during my interview at CPG I think I had one 3rd year student, an alumni, and a professor from another department, so I'm not sure if the pharmacy professors only teach or have other activities as well.
The students at CCP also seemed more active on campus with organizations, but perhaps this was because it's a 4 year program? Both are on a quarter system.
These were the things that stood out to me the most in terms of the differences between the two. Hope that helped a little bit.

thanks! this was really helpful :D i've already been accepted to the glendale campus and have an interview set up with downers grove in january. wanted to make sure it was worth going all the way to chicago

1) Hey guys! Does anyone have an interview on January 10th?!!!

2) Also for those that have interviewed, could you give me some advise on getting from airport to hotel(cab or car rental and what hotel), and getting from hotel to the school on interview day! (best affordable option)

3) My interview is at 8:45a to 1p so I believe I have to check out from the hotel in the morning, would it look weird taking my carry-on box to campus since I intend to catch my flight right after the interview?

4)Can I wear boots for the campus tour?

2) Also for those that have interviewed, could you give me some advise on getting from airport to hotel(cab or car rental and what hotel), and getting from hotel to the school on interview day! (best affordable option)

3) My interview is at 8:45a to 1p so I believe I have to check out from the hotel in the morning, would it look weird taking my carry-on box to campus since I intend to catch my flight right after the interview?

I rented a car but it was way too expensive to rent a car from O'hare compare to renting a car from Denver airport (Maybe price is different for midway?? I look for rental cars on cheaptickets.com and it usually has the best prices available). So my suggestion would be to just rent a cab. My interview was also in the morning. Tour and lunch were optional which I was glad because I needed extra time to return my rental car and catch my flight back home.
Good luck!!

Am from Illinois, so: my answers are:

2) first off, where is the hotel your using? *it would be best to rent a car that way your in control of your movement, but that depends on where your hotel is and returning that car in time to catch your flight. A cab could also be a good option if you tell us where your hotel is coz ohare is not far from Midwestern (when i drive there it takes like 20 minutes coz all you gotta use is the Expressway---from Ohare***you would take I-294 south, then I-88 west***then get off on Highland and bam! your there. I leave right by I-88). So tell me your hotel then i will give you a better answer.

3) yah...just check out (if you rent a car, then make sure u time urself to return it) you can also skip the lunch option if ur not angry (and also the tour if you have been here before)...this way you cut time for that car return or waiting for a cab. Yes! you can come with your carry-on bag and they wont care. The admin guy will take your bag to his office if you do the tour. They are really nice there.

4) I don't know if females boots look good with suits n wat not ( am neither a female nor a fashion expert). Just watch our weather if it does snow...wear your boots in the cab or ur rental then change them before you go into the building like i did (but i drove my car). If it does snow allot like it just did...we normally get a rainy day right after that due to all that moisture and the snow washes away just like it just did yesterday. So you shud be good...

****once again; hotel name will get u a better answer.

Am from Illinois, so: my answers are:

2) first off, where is the hotel your using? *it would be best to rent a car that way your in control of your movement, but that depends on where your hotel is and returning that car in time to catch your flight. A cab could also be a good option if you tell us where your hotel is coz ohare is not far from Midwestern (when i drive there it takes like 20 minutes coz all you gotta use is the Expressway---from Ohare***you would take I-294 south, then I-88 west***then get off on Highland and bam! your there. I leave right by I-88). So tell me your hotel then i will give you a better answer.

3) yah...just check out (if you rent a car, then make sure u time urself to return it) you can also skip the lunch option if ur not angry (and also the tour if you have been here before)...this way you cut time for that car return or waiting for a cab. Yes! you can come with your carry-on bag and they wont care. The admin guy will take your bag to his office if you do the tour. They are really nice there.

4) I don't know if females boots look good with suits n wat not ( am neither a female nor a fashion expert). Just watch our weather if it does snow...wear your boots in the cab or ur rental then change them before you go into the building like i did (but i drove my car). If it does snow allot like it just did...we normally get a rainy day right after that due to all that moisture and the snow washes away just like it just did yesterday. So you shud be good...

****once again; hotel name will get u a better answer.

Aaaaah!!! Thank you! Ok. I'm gonna be staying at the StayInn, Lombard. It's on East 22nd street, Lombard, IL. My flight to return home after my interview is at 4:50pm. Alright, Help! Rent a car or catch a cab? Also the Inn doesn't run a shuttle on Fridays, so I will need a ride;
a) From airport to hotel/inn
b)To my interview in the morning
c)To the airport after my interview.

Oh btwn...I'm already anticipating eating lunch. I love free food.

Aaaaah!!! Thank you! Ok. I'm gonna be staying at the StayInn, Lombard. It's on East 22nd street, Lombard, IL. My flight to return home after my interview is at 4:50pm. Alright, Help! Rent a car or catch a cab? Also the Inn doesn't run a shuttle on Fridays, so I will need a ride;

I rented a car but I was staying in Wisconsin on vacation at the time..however..I did get someone else a ride to the stay inn and it was pretty far from the campus. I stayed at Holiday Inn in Oakbrook terrace which was only 8 minutes from campus..if you can see if you can get in there and they do have a shuttle but I am unaware of where it goes... I find that it is much easier to rent a car but that is just me..I would have rented a car even if I just flew into Ohare or Midway (I personally like Midway better)...If you have the time I would even fly into Milwaukee depending on where you are from..it is sometimes cheaper to fly into and much cheaper to rent car at and then all you have to do is drive....again I am probably the special case but I like to do things on my time not have to wait on others

Does anyone have any info about the laptop process at CCP? I've read that you are required to purchase a laptop through the school. I'm plan on buying a new laptop soon, but may hold off if I have to purchase one through tuition. Will I still be required to purchase the laptop through the school even if I buy one that meets their standards? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I just received an interview invite and I am really nervous! Can someone give me some good tips?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is late but I've cancelled my interview for January 8th. Not sure if it makes a difference for anyone but I hope that a slot opened up for the 8th. Best of luck to all.

Alright...so you are staying very close to the school...if you had a bike (like us here) u cud ride there...but yah...Just take a cab. It might cost you 1 way from the airport to your hotel 40-50 bucks.
Then the next day on interview date: call for cab...they are always around...i worked for one before and used to hang out in Lombard allot for my runs. 303 Taxi... From your hotel to the school will be even cheaper and you can tell the cab driver to be back for you on time when your interview is done and take you to the airport.

There you go.

Hey guys,

I just received an interview invite and I am really nervous! Can someone give me some good tips?

***you will be fine bor***dont even worry about it.
Just do your prep...
by prep, i mean: go on sdn where you have this kinda stuff covered: here is the link http://schools.studentdoctor.net/?view=pharmacy

and literally go through those questions over and over and formulate your own answers that suit you. send me an email to [email protected] and i will give you a link on how i made my own answers. I have to tell you, the questions that i got on that interview were all answered on that sdn link i gave you.

do most students live in off campus apartments? Does anyone know of any decently priced apartments in the area? is there a certain place where lots of students choose to live?

Does anyone have any info about the laptop process at CCP? I've read that you are required to purchase a laptop through the school. I'm plan on buying a new laptop soon, but may hold off if I have to purchase one through tuition. Will I still be required to purchase the laptop through the school even if I buy one that meets their standards? Thanks in advance.

The university will "force" you to purchase a laptop (either Apple 13" Macbook or a Dell Windows) and the price will be tacked onto your tuition. I would strongly recommending holding off on buying a new laptop since the school will make you get one anyway.

Hey trouda....

When did you interview?

Thanks.

I was interviewed on Nov. 6th, did not hear back from them for a month. Probably was on the waitlist or something :)

I was interviewed on Nov. 6th, did not hear back from them for a month. Probably was on the waitlist or something :)
hey, so are u saying that u got pulled off from the waitlist/alternate list??

Did Kerry email you that you were on the alternate list? If not it could have just taken that long for admissions to meet. I got an email from Kerry after my interview and after Admissions met that said I was placed on the alternate list..I havent gotten anything that said I was off of it yet though

Hi All,

I have my interview on January 24, 2013. Do the interviewers ask the question and point out who should answer the question first or is it first-come first-serve basis. Could not imagine the nightmare of three people starting to speak at once and then saying go ahead like 10 times.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi All,

I have my interview on January 24, 2013. Do the interviewers ask the question and point out who should answer the question first or is it first-come first-serve basis. Could not imagine the nightmare of three people starting to speak at once and then saying go ahead like 10 times.

Thank you so much for your help.

In my group it was pretty professional. One volunteered to answer first then we all took turns answering first, last, and in the middle. There was no interrupting each other and it was not an issue at all. :)

Heyy...I am a new member here and I also interview on Jan. 10 in the morning.I will be driving and if u still need a ride to the campus.. let me know

I will also be interviewing on Jan 10th..any recommendations guys?

Interviewed December 11th...I know we just had a freak storm over Illinois,,,but wud love to get a glimpse on that acceptance man!

you get your laptop the first week. we didn't get to choose between a mac or a dell, we all got mac's. you get the laptop whether you want it or not so I wouldn't buy a laptop if i were you.

Ok..I'm hearing about this cold weather/snow storm stuff in the news. Anyone know if the interview will still hold on January 10th? I'm from the South- everything is cancelled at the mention of even ice/snow. Someone told me to go purchase a ski mask. lol. Not sure if he was joking....he's not from Chicago either.

I'm freaking out. Maybe reschedule the interview?