Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I was just wondering: how do you know if you got accepted or not? I never got a letter in the mail indicating my status but when I log onto the MWUNET site, it shows a "accepted student checklist." Does that mean I got in?? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused about that. Thanks so much!

Hey guys! I was just wondering: how do you know if you got accepted or not? I never got a letter in the mail indicating my status but when I log onto the MWUNET site, it shows a "accepted student checklist." Does that mean I got in?? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused about that. Thanks so much!

They'll send you an e-mail saying they accepted you. The accepted checklist is just there when it has stuff on it for you to do thats when you're in. Then after that they'll send you one in the mail, but in the e-mail it tells you your real acceptance letter is being sent from the Dean's office.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am already accepted to two schools, But I have not even received an invitation from midwestern. I have 3.8 pharmcas Calculated GPA, 3.8 science and 3.8 non science. My application here processed on august 26th I guess.
Any comments?

I would have some patience and wait. I believe they've changed their admissions a little bit. The next interview isn't until November, so I'm sure you're fine!

Reactions: 1 user

The "accepted student checklist" is there because it's preset. If your portal shows a matriculation agreement under "accepted student checklist", then they have offered you admission. I would definitely check the portal - I never received an email about my acceptance, but my portal was updated. A week later I received a letter in the mail :)

anyone who interviewed recently share what they were asked? I already went through last year's asked questions. Are they similar? I am freaking about my interview next month.

they have a list to choose from, but my group was asked questions like

"what is the most important characteristic of a pharmacist?"
"what challenges do you anticipate to run into as a pharmacy student and how will you handle those challenges?"
"what is one thing you wish you could improve with our health care professionals?"

anyone who interviewed recently share what they were asked? I already went through last year's asked questions. Are they similar? I am freaking about my interview next month.

i was asked tell me about yourself, why midwestern, healthcare problems now and in the future, quality a pharmacist should have, fear you have about pharmacy school, most memorable piece you ever wrote, essay questions: if you had suspicions that someone was cheating off of you in an exam what would you do and then also how have you demonstrated leadership through a, b, or c ...forgot the choices you pick one write about mentorship at work. Don't freak out i was so scared because it was my first interview, but it turned out just fine! enjoyed it all the school and everything :) the sdn feedback really helped me make sure you bullet point your answers like topics don't try to word for word it

The "accepted student checklist" is there because it's preset. If your portal shows a matriculation agreement under "accepted student checklist", then they have offered you admission. I would definitely check the portal - I never received an email about my acceptance, but my portal was updated. A week later I received a letter in the mail :)

Okay sounds good! Cause I see it gives me two sections such as the deposit (and its due date) as well as its matriculation agreement and technical standards form that I have yet to fill out. However, its been two close to three weeks after my interview and still have not received anything in the mail about my status.... I think I got in based on my portal, is that right?? o.0

Okay sounds good! Cause I see it gives me two sections such as the deposit (and its due date) as well as its matriculation agreement and technical standards form that I have yet to fill out. However, its been two close to three weeks after my interview and still have not received anything in the mail about my status.... I think I got in based on my portal, is that right?? o.0

Yup! That's exactly how I found out, by checking my portal. You should receive a letter in the mail sometime soon! :)

I just scheduled my interview for November 7th. Hope to see some of you there! Was there anything about the interviews that surprised you, or did it seem pretty routine? I'm so nervous :eek:

I just scheduled my interview for November 7th. Hope to see some of you there! Was there anything about the interviews that surprised you, or did it seem pretty routine? I'm so nervous :eek:
Good luck with your interview!! When I interviewed last year, I felt very prepared after reading the interview feedback section :)

Your applying to wsu to aren't you? At Midwestern the interview feedback helped and I posted the questions that they asked me in an earlier post. It was my first interview so I was scared. Just kind of practice, bullet point what you want to say don't memorize.

Members don't see this ad :)

Agreeing with everything above that's been said. :) it's very much like a conversation, not as stuffy and formal as an interview. It was my first interview last year and I was super nervous and stressed. But really, just relax and breathe. It's nothing to worry over. Look over the interview feedback and others example questions. You will be fine. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to look through the interview feedback.

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to look through the interview feedback.

You'll do great! As mentioned above, be prepared but at the same time, you don't want to feel like you rehearsed it.

Also, because it is a group interview, pay attention to other interviewee's answers! You want to show that you are also listening in on everyone else's response, it shows that you're respectful!

You'll do great! As mentioned above, be prepared but at the same time, you don't want to feel like you rehearsed it.

Also, because it is a group interview, pay attention to other interviewee's answers! You want to show that you are also listening in on everyone else's response, it shows that you're respectful!

That's a good idea! Thank you :) I always get really nervous and forget to listen to what others say during group interviews, so I'll be sure to not freak myself out as much. It'll probably help with the nerves too.

That's a good idea! Thank you :) I always get really nervous and forget to listen to what others say during group interviews, so I'll be sure to not freak myself out as much. It'll probably help with the nerves too.

Ohhh, I just remembered a tip too. Make sure you always answer the question that is being asked. I remember I had to answer last for a question, and I almost forgot the gist of the question because I was too busy listening to the answers of the others hah. Sometimes the people answering before you might not completely answer the question, so you can't rely on their answers to keep the actual question fresh in your mind.

You ... are awesome. I just checked my Portal and got good news as well! They're so fast!

Good luck to those interviewing next week!!

Just wondering if anyone who is an Illinois resident is applying to Midwestern CCP as a top choice, and if so, please elaborate why (given the cost of the various in-state PharmD programs)?

Just wondering if anyone who is an Illinois resident is applying to Midwestern CCP as a top choice, and if so, please elaborate why (given the cost of the various in-state PharmD programs)?

I am not from Illinois, but my roommate is. She has mentioned to me that out of the schools, she chose Midwestern because out of Illinois, Midwestern and UIC are the ones with the best academic reputation. She didn't want to go to school in the city/ go into such a cut throat program, so she decided to not attend UIC. Also, she really liked Midwestern's small campus size and their emphasis on class teacher-student relationships.

I'm from southern IL, and chose Midwestern because of it's reputation in the state, it's location, and I fell in love with the campus when I visited. I didn't want to go to UIC because I didn't want to be thrown into the city at all. The other schools in IL are much newer than either UIC and Midwestern, so they don't have as established of a reputation. I had also heard that many of the professors at Midwestern are so kind and helpful and want you to succeed, which is totally true. When I visited for my interview, it all just clicked and I knew it was where I wanted to be. The campus is very nice, all the buildings are up to date, and upperclassmen and professors are so helpful and nice. It's also located just far enough away from Chicago to not have to deal with crazzzyyy city stuff, but close enough to get great connections and rotations in the city (and of course enjoy the fun the city has to offer too). If you have any other specific questions, let me know!

oh woah i had no idea it was a group interview - the email didn't really specify is there an essay portion as well? or is there like a tour and presentation as well? if any of the interviewers from last month could shed some light i would really appreciate it!!

also if im driving from elk grove/schaumburg area how far of a drive would it be with traffic?? like 20-30 mins?

I'm from southern IL, and chose Midwestern because of it's reputation in the state, it's location, and I fell in love with the campus when I visited. I didn't want to go to UIC because I didn't want to be thrown into the city at all. The other schools in IL are much newer than either UIC and Midwestern, so they don't have as established of a reputation. I had also heard that many of the professors at Midwestern are so kind and helpful and want you to succeed, which is totally true. When I visited for my interview, it all just clicked and I knew it was where I wanted to be. The campus is very nice, all the buildings are up to date, and upperclassmen and professors are so helpful and nice. It's also located just far enough away from Chicago to not have to deal with crazzzyyy city stuff, but close enough to get great connections and rotations in the city (and of course enjoy the fun the city has to offer too). If you have any other specific questions, let me know!

Thanks for explaining that. I know a couple of pharmacists from Midwestern CCP, and all of them had similar comments regarding the school's facilities and teachers.

So is UIC really that cutthroat past the initial application process, once you are actually a student?

I'm hoping actually interviewing at the school and visiting will clear things up for me. I'm also applying to Midwestern Glendale so I'll have to see them all before I feel confident about where to go.

oh woah i had no idea it was a group interview - the email didn't really specify is there an essay portion as well? or is there like a tour and presentation as well? if any of the interviewers from last month could shed some light i would really appreciate it!!

also if im driving from elk grove/schaumburg area how far of a drive would it be with traffic?? like 20-30 mins?
Yup! The interview process consists of a group interview, writing portion and a campus tour. It then ends with free lunch!
I'm not sure how long it would take to drive from schaumburg with traffic, but I would definitely give ample time just to be safe!

Thanks for explaining that. I know a couple of pharmacists from Midwestern CCP, and all of them had similar comments regarding the school's facilities and teachers.

So is UIC really that cutthroat past the initial application process, once you are actually a student?

I'm hoping actually interviewing at the school and visiting will clear things up for me. I'm also applying to Midwestern Glendale so I'll have to see them all before I feel confident about where to go.

UIC is definitely one of the more cut throat program, even as a student. However, it's really how you feel about the campus after your interviews. You may have one school in mind but it's about how you like the program and school after visiting it.

got an interview on 11/5, any pointers? first interview for my first application cycle

UIC is definitely one of the more cut throat program, even as a student. However, it's really how you feel about the campus after your interviews. You may have one school in mind but it's about how you like the program and school after visiting it.
Still, though, for me it's hard to justify an extra $50k tuition due to personal preference when it comes to attaining a standardized degree.

Still, though, for me it's hard to justify an extra $50k tuition due to personal preference when it comes to attaining a standardized degree.

I thought about it as I could either be happier with my time while getting my degree or I could take the tuition and cost break and potentially sacrifice my happiness. I knew I wouldn't be happy in the city, and that I would be uncomfortable living there alone. I also liked everyone I met at my interview and everyone since has been nothing but nice and I wasn't sure if other schools had that kind of reputation when it came to their professors. To me, I found it more important to go with my personal preference than not and potentially be miserable for four years just to save some money. I valued my preference more than the cost. But that's just my opinion on it, and everyone is different. For some I'm sure it's the other way around. I just went with what I found was the best fit for me, where I knew I'd be happiest while earning my degree. :) if another cheaper school is the best fit for you, go for it! It's all about figuring out where you belong and where you think you'll have the most potential for success.

Lol hey!!!!! I'm waiting for one more interview for my #1 choice school and see if they accept me if not I'll be at mwu :)
Good luck with interview! what school is it?? as of now im sticking with mwu

Hello everyone and hope the interview went well this morning! I actually have couple questions for those who had the interview before. Is it going to volunteer to answer the question or in order? How long should an answer be (5 minutes?)? Can I go back and add comments after I give an answer? I scheduled my interview on Dec.10. Thank you so much!!!

I just denied my acceptence here... So, it should open 1 extra spot!!!good luck to everyone!
Hello everyone and hope the interview went well this morning! I actually have couple questions for those who had the interview before. Is it going to volunteer to answer the question or in order? How long should an answer be (5 minutes?)? Can I go back and add comments after I give an answer? I scheduled my interview on Dec.10. Thank you so much!!!
I think it depends, as long as you be yourself. For me, i actually went back and addded comment on one of the qts. Hope that helps.;)

I just denied my acceptence here... So, it should open 1 extra spot!!!good luck to everyone!

I think it depends, as long as you be yourself. For me, i actually went back and addded comment on one of the qts. Hope that helps.;)
Thank you so much for your response. Do you still remember how many questions they ask? Are we going to stay in the same room with the same group for all the interview questions?

Yeah the group is greeted by the interviewers and walk into their designated room together for the interview

For anyone flying in from other areas,
1) Do not rent a car from Dollar Rent A Car
2) the Red Roof Inn down the street is a very nice and cheap place to stay

Good luck with interview! what school is it?? as of now im sticking with mwu
wayne state its in Michigan...i'm from Michigan lol hopefully it goes good. I'm super scared and nervous cuz its my top choice, but we'll see where life takes me.

Hey guys quick question i got my drug and background screening emails today, when do they have to be done by?

I thought about it as I could either be happier with my time while getting my degree or I could take the tuition and cost break and potentially sacrifice my happiness. I knew I wouldn't be happy in the city, and that I would be uncomfortable living there alone. I also liked everyone I met at my interview and everyone since has been nothing but nice and I wasn't sure if other schools had that kind of reputation when it came to their professors. To me, I found it more important to go with my personal preference than not and potentially be miserable for four years just to save some money. I valued my preference more than the cost. But that's just my opinion on it, and everyone is different. For some I'm sure it's the other way around. I just went with what I found was the best fit for me, where I knew I'd be happiest while earning my degree. :) if another cheaper school is the best fit for you, go for it! It's all about figuring out where you belong and where you think you'll have the most potential for success.

Hey i had a question, how do you guys handle the workload? When they showed us a schedule of like classes running from like 8/9 to 7 at night....when do you guys study? how are you able to study? like pull all nighters? or is the workload not as heavy, just more like time management, study/review your stuff everyday?

Not super sure what schedule they showed you, but we definitely are not in class for that long lol. For fall quarter our schedule was:
M 11-6
T 10-3:25
W 9-3
R 10-3
F 9:45-2
(and exams were on Tuesdays/Thursdays before/after classes)

And during that, there's always a 1 hour long lunch within that time chunk, and on Tuesdays there's "common hour" which is a two hour block from 11-1 where none of the campus has classes. Next quarter will get a little more hectic since we will have rotations on Wednesdays, but this quarter wasn't too bad. It was weird adjusting to the workload and study time at first, but it's definitely doable. I manage just fine and work one weeknight a week as well. :) It can be done. I know people who work more than I do and still do fine. Just a matter of your preference.

Hey guys I was at the October 10 interview, I'm also from MI. I was in group 2. Most likely considering this school and paying my fee Monday which is when the deadline. Schedule looks super hectic especially second quarter rotations starting so soon!

wayne state its in Michigan...i'm from Michigan lol hopefully it goes good. I'm super scared and nervous cuz its my top choice, but we'll see where life takes me.
Good luck!

Hey guys I was at the October 10 interview, I'm also from MI. I was in group 2. Most likely considering this school and paying my fee Monday which is when the deadline. Schedule looks super hectic especially second quarter rotations starting so soon!
:D another Michigander :D what city? yeah the schedule isn't as bad trust me we think its alot of classes but not really and rotations aren't bad from what i've heard and seen

I'm from canton! Were you at a wsu interview as well? I was there the 28th at 10am! Hbu which city? I just paid my matriculation fee. Where is this school on your list of possible destinations lol

I'm from canton! Were you at a wsu interview as well? I was there the 28th at 10am! Hbu which city? I just paid my matriculation fee. Where is this school on your list of possible destinations lol
Oh lol your far from me i'm from Grosse Pointe. Oh yeah i was at the wsu one :) today had my interview. Which schools matriculation did you pay? I paid for midwesterns its #2 on my list #1 is wsu hoping to hear back good news soon :)

Hey guys quick question i got my drug and background screening emails today, when do they have to be done by?
They should be done by matriculation if I am correct!

Hey i had a question, how do you guys handle the workload? When they showed us a schedule of like classes running from like 8/9 to 7 at night....when do you guys study? how are you able to study? like pull all nighters? or is the workload not as heavy, just more like time management, study/review your stuff everyday?

As Lunesta mentioned before, it's pretty rare to run from 8/9 till night time. The days do feel long but there are times when you get to relax or have short days. Time management is key here. I do not personally study every day, but I do go over notes and review every other day. I came from a semester school, but the quarter system felt like it went by pretty quick. Definitely manageable!