Midwestern Glendale- Entering 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanx. I'm asking because I'm barely just applying. Unfortunately for me, my transfer did not go through. There was given an interview opportunity but there was a confusion (thought I was on a medical leave of absence but it turned out to be a withdrawal instead) :( Now I have to go through the admission process.

Do not worry too much, my husband sent his in the last day you could turn it in and he's graduating in May :)

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got accepted, could you please share the interview questions and especially the essay prompt? I know they probably change the essay prompt but I still want to know anyway. Thank you.

Do not worry too much, my husband sent his in the last day you could turn it in and he's graduating in May :)

Thanx for the words of encouragement. Hopefully I can get the ball rolling soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the pace within each of Midwestern's classes is faster than the average pace within a 4 year school? Or is the program simply shortened to 3 years by starting a few months before 4-year schools and continuing the curriculum through the summer semesters, while keeping the actual material within in each class similarly paced?

It is a year-round school. It is shortened by skipping summers and usual breaks that other schools give.

It is a year-round school. It is shortened by skipping summers and usual breaks that other schools give.
Right, I'm aware it's year-round. But my question is if the individual classes themselves are taught at a faster pace than at 4 year schools. In other words does skipping breaks buy enough time to shave a year off, or is the class material actually delivered in an accelerated format as well?

Accelerated format. According to current students, they usually have multiple tests every week.

Accelerated format. According to current students, they usually have multiple tests every week.

So yesterday I met a pharmacist who went to MWU's Downer's Grove campus when they offered the 3-year PharmD program. She said that classes weren't actually accelerated, but that it was the breakdown of the academic calendar (through summer) that facilitated the 3-year format. In regards to the exam frequency, she said that's just how all pharmacy schools are.

Reactions: 1 users
I am attending the interview on the 12th. Anyone else coming? :) Good luck to those who have interview this Friday!

Good luck to y'all! Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, I'm aware it's year-round. But my question is if the individual classes themselves are taught at a faster pace than at 4 year schools. In other words does skipping breaks buy enough time to shave a year off, or is the class material actually delivered in an accelerated format as well?

Yes, the classes are accelerated. You will be having multiple tests a week sometimes when other schools are barely getting to their first exams. You just have to keep up and study all the time, it's just a lot of material in a short amount of time. It's not so bad though, don't worry :)

Does anyone know if you can't finish your bachelors by Spring (because of not being able to enroll in 1 impacted class) will it result in losing an acceptance offer?

Does anyone know if you can't finish your bachelors by Spring (because of not being able to enroll in 1 impacted class) will it result in losing an acceptance offer?

Is that 1 class a pre-requisite course? If not, I don't see why you would lose your spot but the best thing to do would be to contact Admissions just to verify.

Reactions: 1 user
Is that 1 class a pre-requisite course? If not, I don't see why you would lose your spot but the best thing to do would be to contact Admissions just to verify.
Yes, you are correct. I verified this morning and they said as long as I finish my last pre-requisite and let them know whether I will/will not attain the degree is enough. Even so, I will try my best to get that class because I am 3.99 years away from graduating!!! By the way, the interview recently was so relaxing! It is an opportunity to shine so I would not think about being nervous.

Yes, you are correct. I verified this morning and they said as long as I finish my last pre-requisite and let them know whether I will/will not attain the degree is enough. Even so, I will try my best to get that class because I am 3.99 years away from graduating!!! By the way, the interview recently was so relaxing! It is an opportunity to shine so I would not think about being nervous.

Awesome! Hope to see you in May.

Anyone else have an interview on Jan 5th ? :)

I have an interview for Dec 17th. Is anyone else going on Dec 17th?

Interviewed today. Anyone had their portal changed yet?

Just wanted to let those who interviewed on 12/12, that their portal should have changed.
I'm happy to say that I'm accepted! So I'm really happy about that.
The interview wasn't that bad, just be excited about the program and show that you are passionate about pharmacy. Along with the essay, it was very basic and its an easy essay prompt so you shouldn't have to worry about that.
Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Just wanted to let those who interviewed on 12/12, that their portal should have changed.
I'm happy to say that I'm accepted! So I'm really happy about that.
The interview wasn't that bad, just be excited about the program and show that you are passionate about pharmacy. Along with the essay, it was very basic and its an easy essay prompt so you shouldn't have to worry about that.
Good luck everybody!

Congratulations!

Has anyone here already fax/emailed student services the immunization records?

Question. I submitted my pharmcas and they updated my gpa dec 8? But still have not received an email for the portal, could this possibly be because only one of my LORs is not completed? I have received emails from two other schools just not this one yet, thought it was odd?

For those that already interviewed, roughly what time did you guys get out?

Hello, I have an interview on January 6th. I am nervous and excited. I am driving from Las Vegas a night before. What does that prompt essay ask?How long does it have to be?Was it related to application essay?

Hello, I have an interview on January 6th. I am nervous and excited. I am driving from Las Vegas a night before. What does that prompt essay ask?How long does it have to be?Was it related to application essay?

I'm not going to tell you what the prompt was but rest assured you'll have more than enough time to complete your response. I believe they limit you to one page and it was not related to your personal statement.

Has anyone here already fax/emailed student services the immunization records?
Hey I was wondering the same thing. I haven't sent them any records. In the student portal, under "student services" > Immunization records: there are some labeled "N/A" or "1st 2nd 3rd etc." Do you think that this list represents all of the shots you already had in the past, or am I reading it wrong? Because I don't remember having all of those shots.

I'm not going to tell you what the prompt was but rest assured you'll have more than enough time to complete your response. I believe they limit you to one page and it was not related to your personal statement.
thank you!

Hey I was wondering the same thing. I haven't sent them any records. In the student portal, under "student services" > Immunization records: there are some labeled "N/A" or "1st 2nd 3rd etc." Do you think that this list represents all of the shots you already had in the past, or am I reading it wrong? Because I don't remember having all of those shots.

I thought we had to get titers done, and if you no longer have immunity then you get the shots you need. A friend of mine is in a different program and he didn't get his until after orientation, so there's no rush.

I thought we had to get titers done, and if you no longer have immunity then you get the shots you need. A friend of mine is in a different program and he didn't get his until after orientation, so there's no rush.
Thank you Ashley. I am assuming this means that all those "1st 2nd 3rd" labeled next to all the different shots under the Immunization Record tab mean they are completed? I just had a hard time understanding that list. And I just have to get titers done now? Thanks for making it clearer for me.

Thank you Ashley. I am assuming this means that all those "1st 2nd 3rd" labeled next to all the different shots under the Immunization Record tab mean they are completed? I just had a hard time understanding that list. And I just have to get titers done now? Thanks for making it clearer for me.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like we still have to provide records of those shots. Most of them you should've got as a child, so most likely all you'll need are the titers. The list is a little confusing... hopefully they'll send an email or clarify once we get closer to beginning class.

Just scheduled my interview for Jan 6. Who else is attending?

Good luck everyone! I was in your shoes a year ago. :) Happy New Year!

Nevermind. I found out the answer to my question :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
the ones that got interview and got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats including the PCAT scores please.

How did everybodies interview go today?

I like the fact that the people (students and faculty members) are so friendly. I also really enjoy hearing the Dean's presentation toward the end. Hope to receive an offer this Friday!
Hi everyone,
the ones that got interview and got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats including the PCAT scores please.

Just interviewed yesterday (1/6) and received an acceptance offer this morning. Boy that was quick!

My stats are 3.6 GPA and 96 PCAT composite.

I really love the school but will take the next 3 weeks to decide (will go to at least 4 more interviews) since the deposit is not due until 1/23.

I like the fact that the people (students and faculty members) are so friendly. I also really enjoy hearing the Dean's presentation toward the end. Hope to receive an offer this Friday!

Just interviewed yesterday (1/6) and received an acceptance offer this morning. Boy that was quick!

I really love the school but will take the next 3 weeks to decide (will go to at least 4 more interviews) since the deposit is not due until 1/23.

thank you so much for responding back! good luck to u :)
I took the PCAT today and emailed them my score but they said they won't consider it because they want to look the official score :( which takes 5 weeks

Wow that was quick! congratulations!!!!

I took the PCAT today and emailed them my score but they said they won't consider it because they want to look the official score :( which takes 5 weeks

Hey YF786, I don't expect it to take the whole 5 weeks...I took my PCAT on 10/14 and PharmCAS received it by 10/24. Don't know if it's the same for everyone else though. My composite was 92. I interviewed on 11/21. Found out I was accepted the same day though the student portal!

The composite score that you got after completing the test is pretty much what you got. The written part won't make your score fluctuate much.

I got in with a 3.4 GPA and an 85 on the PCAT