Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if there has been any movement on the OOS waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for places to live in Starkville? I have two cats and two dogs and I’m finding a ton of places with pet limits of like 2-3 :( I’ll be heartbroken if I can’t take them all, and I also have a boyfriend who is coming too so preferably no other roommates 😬

Does anybody have any good recommendations for places to live in Starkville? I have two cats and two dogs and I’m finding a ton of places with pet limits of like 2-3 :( I’ll be heartbroken if I can’t take them all, and I also have a boyfriend who is coming too so preferably no other roommates

I’ve heard that sometimes if you talk to the landlord and explain you are a vet student then they make exceptions. I will be going with three cats so let me know if you find success (I’m waitlisted so unsure if I’ll get in)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the FASFA code? I have one but some schools have special vet ones so I wanna verify I've chosen the right one (yes I'm posting this in all the forums of my potential schools so plz don't hate me)

Does anybody have any good recommendations for places to live in Starkville? I have two cats and two dogs and I’m finding a ton of places with pet limits of like 2-3 :( I’ll be heartbroken if I can’t take them all, and I also have a boyfriend who is coming too so preferably no other roommates 😬
I recommend looking at Jenn Lake Meadows it's a nice trailer park that a lot of us students live at and we all have animals lol.

Just got my email with my quartile, I'm in the 1st quartile. Fingers crossed!

3rd quartile. Should I just lose all hope?

If each quartile is ~80 people, is there any chance they’ll even get through to the second quartile?

If each quartile is ~80 people, is there any chance they’ll even get through to the second quartile?
Based on past SDN forums, they typically go all the way through the first quartile and will go into the second but I’m not sure how far into that they get

Based on past SDN forums, they typically go all the way through the first quartile and will go into the second but I’m not sure how far into that they get
Do you know if the quartiles each had 80 last year as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Second quartile… don’t have much hope unless they say I’ve moved to the first quartile at the end of the month

Second quartile… don’t have much hope unless they say I’ve moved to the first quartile at the end of the month
Same but who knows I could be the last one in the second quartile so I wouldn’t have a chance anyway

I heard that they regularly get into the 100's on the waitlist and even occasionally the 200's

(Asking for a friend not on SDN) How much does the IS waitlist usually move? This year there are 13 in each quartile and she’s in the third.

I heard that they regularly get into the 100's on the waitlist and even occasionally the 200's
This just baffles me but I really really hope it’s true! I don’t seem to have the best of luck

1st quartile, but I rescinded my alternate spot because I got accepted elsewhere! Good luck everyone :)

(Asking for a friend not on SDN) How much does the IS waitlist usually move? This year there are 13 in each quartile and she’s in the third.

I have never heard of any in state waitlist moving more than 4-5 spots… I know that’s not the news they will want to hear . Every year and every cycle is different though, so you never know what may happen

This just baffles me but I really really hope it’s true! I don’t seem to have the best of luck
Never sell yourself short! I saw one year they got to like 185 or something around there.

I don’t think it is going to move too much… there’s already 100 people in the official Facebook group for this cycle so that only leaves another 14 spots?

I don’t think it is going to move too much… there’s already 100 people in the official Facebook group for this cycle so that only leaves another 14 spots?
Many people in the group are from other classes as well!

When you join the Facebook group it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the official class. People can join even if they are not planning on attending. For example, I joined the UGA CVM class of 2026 Facebook group and I didn’t need to pay my deposit or accept my acceptance yet. I’m guessing the same applies with Mississippi

Did anyone that attended the preview day on the 26th can give an idea of the day? Mine is next week and I’m excited and terrified

Did anyone that attended the preview day on the 26th can give an idea of the day? Mine is next week and I’m excited and terrified
It was very relaxed! My best advice is talk to as many people as you can, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared to ask questions about the program.

It was very relaxed! My best advice is talk to as many people as you can, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared to ask questions about the program.
I was told to dress professional because we have pictures taken. Is that true? And is our lab coat maroon or white? Thank you so much!

Also some may be faculty and moderators.

I was told to dress professional because we have pictures taken. Is that true? And is our lab coat maroon or white? Thank you so much!
Yes, you have your picture taken. They didn’t tell us the color of our lab coat. They just took down our size.

Student envoy for MSU. Dress professional/business casual. Lab coat colors are different for each class. For example, the class of 2024 is grey and the class of 2025 is navy. I am not sure what color class of 2026 will be. But the 3rd and 4th years have two different shades of blue as well. We will not have your actual coats when you come to preview day. We will have different coats for you to try on for size, take down your size, and at the coating ceremony, you will receive your coat.

Just gave up my alternate seat I got into one of my top choices, I was in the first quartile, wishing you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody that applied for the DVM-PhD program hear anything yet?

A few people got called off the waitlist on St Patty’s Day last year, so hoping to see some movement on the waitlist next week

Reactions: 1 users
OOS, 1st quartile. I still haven’t decided for sure. I really like the program at MSU but I got accepted at Purdue so I’m still a bit undecided.

OOS, 1st quartile. I still haven’t decided for sure. I really like the program at MSU but I got accepted at Purdue so I’m still a bit undecided.

You have until April 15 to put down a deposit/accept a seat at Purdue, and Mississippi historically has started calling off the waitlist before 4/15. I don't see an issue with remaining on the list to see if you'll get in before 4/15, unless you're wanting to make a 100% decision before then!

Hi! I am a Mississippi resident in the first quartile of the waitlist. Does anyone know how much the IS waitlist moves?

I was accepted to an out-of-state school and waitlisted at a few others, but MS would be most ideal for me.