MOCA Debate at the ASA- Sat 1:10pm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OB1🤙

Breaking Good
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you heading to the ASA, be sure to check out Dr. Paul Kempen's debate on "MOCA- Boon or Boondoggle?"

Saturday, 1:10pm, Upper 23A-C

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
someone go over there today and tell the aba directors how useless they are and how useless the asa is and how worthless of an activity moca is. I support primary certification but for the right reasons.. and none of it is money..

Members don't see this ad :)
Not able to make it this year but would like to see what is said at this talk. The whole MOCA thing is sickening for someone that is looking to it for the future. They totally hung us out to dry.

Who really has time for MOCA? Where are the randomized double blind trials? I get the initial certification to make sure you didn't just make it through residency because your program sucked. However providing proof of CME from then on should be enough. I know people planning to retire early because they don't want to go through it yet again. Now we are gonna be tested every quarter for the rest of our career? This is insane.

Probably would be hard to do a randomized double blind study since you would know pretty quick what group you are in, no?

Is there a percentage of questions you need to answer correctly from the 30 MOCA questions you are required to answer each quarter? Or is just answering the questions enough?

Did anyone go to the 2016 ASA and debate Dr Rathmell on this issue?
I had a colleague go and was fed more of the same B.S.
I'm convinced, this organization is becoming more of "the problems with modern American Healthcare" rather than a solution...
I would like some financial transparency from the ABA.
Why can't we organize and get some clear cut answers?
The internists were successful in their attempt, couldn't we be?
(The Harry Browne in me just says F-it)

http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/quality/qa-paul-teirsteinthe-doc-behind-mutiny-against-moc

Last edited: