General Admissions & OTCAS More invites then interview times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTEnthusiast

Reaction score
Hi! I just recently received an invite to my top choice school! I responded the day after their invite asking me to pick an available time and day to interview (I would have responded same day but had to figure my schedule out as I didn't want to pick and then go back on my decision). A few days after I got on email telling me my date and time is no longer available and was given a whole new date and times to pick from. I did initially think it was odd that only a few slots we offered (less slots than students admitted each year) and that there could have been a chance I didn't get the time I picked.

Is anyone else who is interviewing experience this? And should I see this as a bad sign I didn't get my first slot picked?

Members don't see this ad.

The same happened to me for Thomas Jefferson. I did get and interview (onsite) and got accepted right afterward the interview, but they wanted 5 days to make a decision. I moved on and declined.