Morehouse College MSMS Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrMar90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I'm new to this site and I wondered if anyone has ever had any experience with the Morehouse School of Medicine's Masters in Medical Science program? I've sent in my application but I want to hear word from someone that matriculated or graduated from the program. Like how hard was the program? What does the schedule look like? What were the statistics for the percentage of students who got accepted into grad school afterwards?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I don't have any answers to your questions. I applied too and I'm also trying to find out information. Did you receive a complete email after sending in your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately I have not. When I personally sent an email to one of the staff members asking about my application he sent me a personal email stating it was complete but I haven't received an official statement from the school.

Okay thanks. I've been waiting, but I haven't received one either. I'm going to send an email tomorrow

Unfortunately I have not. When I personally sent an email to one of the staff members asking about my application he sent me a personal email stating it was complete but I haven't received an official statement from the school.
Same here. I completed my application back in Late Feb early March, sent the photo, and received the confirmation email, but have not heard anything since then. The thing is I don't think they do interviews until June. Great school though, just really slow with their application process.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm from Alabama. I still haven't heard anything about my application from the program. I'll call them tomorrow

I am currently in the program and btw never refer to Msm as ms college its a pet peeve of the school

The days are pretty short and you have about only 1-2 classes per day. I have been accepted into another program at Msm so I won't be able to finish the program . But the course work is do able I was working during 1st semester and was able a to still earn a 4.0

Dahling that's the kind of response I was looking for! Did you not work during the second semester?

No, just bc I didn't feel like working lol. But the second semester has not been as demanding as the first semester . I am able to have a very well rounded lifestyle

Members don't see this ad :)
Well if, and I really HOPE, I get accepted into the program I'll certainly enjoy living in Atlanta. It'll certainly be a change of pace from where I currently live. My girlfriend lived in Atlanta for a year and she loved it.

My only advise is to use every opportunity to get to know everyone at the school go to office hours even just to chat, utilize your advisors as mentors . Most of your professors will be on the admission committee.

The days are pretty short and you have about only 1-2 classes per day. I have been accepted into another program at Msm so I won't be able to finish the program . But the course work is do able I was working during 1st semester and was able a to still earn a 4.0
Why leave the program? Didn't like MSMS?

Because I got accepted into the MD program

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody receive any rejection/acceptance letters yet? Also Dahling, will you be able to provide the exact day to day schedule you had while in the program?

I honestly don't remember first semester schedule that off the top of my head but it was basically. T & TR : A&P 11:00-12:30, MW Biochem 9-10:30, MCAT prep/critical thinking 11:00-12:30 and for the first few weeks you have a MPH course that is from 1-3 on fridays

second semester:
M/W: MPH 1:30-3 ,
W: Biostat 9:30-11:00,
T&Tr: A&P 9-10:30, critical thinking 11:00-12:30, health profession 1-3(not every week though)

Reactions: 1 user
Dang how'd you manage a 40hr schedule with that?

I got my invitation for an interview today!

Thanks Noir92. Did you receive any word?

I received an interview invite yesterday:)

I honestly don't remember first semester schedule that off the top of my head but it was basically. T & TR : A&P 11:00-12:30, MW Biochem 9-10:30, MCAT prep/critical thinking 11:00-12:30 and for the first few weeks you have a MPH course that is from 1-3 on fridays

second semester:
M/W: MPH 1:30-3 ,
W: Biostat 9:30-11:00,
T&Tr: A&P 9-10:30, critical thinking 11:00-12:30, health profession 1-3(not every week though)

Hey Dahling. Granted this is an expensive program, I'm worried about not getting enough federal aid to cover tuition. I filled out my Fafsa forum and it gave me an amount that wouldn't cover all the expenses listed in the student budget. Will I receive more estimates of how much would be loaned to me during the financial aid orientation?