Moving to Ross or St. George with spouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoobydoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a bit of advice from someone with experience. Anyone that went or is going to Ross or St. George who moved there with their spouse? I was wondering (without being too nosy) how are you paying for it? Did loans cover the expense of living off-campus? Or did you have money put back for just that? Also what can someone expect to pay to live off-campus (rent, bills, etc.)? I just want to know before I even apply to these schools to know if it is doable. Any insight would be amazing because I can't seem to find that much about it. I know that people move with their spouse or families, but no one talks about the cost and HOW they paid for it. Just wanting to know if it can be done through loans alone. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a bit of advice from someone with experience. Anyone that went or is going to Ross or St. George who moved there with their spouse? I was wondering (without being too nosy) how are you paying for it? Did loans cover the expense of living off-campus? Or did you have money put back for just that? Also what can someone expect to pay to live off-campus (rent, bills, etc.)? I just want to know before I even apply to these schools to know if it is doable. Any insight would be amazing because I can't seem to find that much about it. I know that people move with their spouse or families, but no one talks about the cost and HOW they paid for it. Just wanting to know if it can be done through loans alone. Thanks.
The short answer to your question is yes, but I don't know the details. My classmate down with his wife, and then later baby too. I do know that finances were very tight on loans and it was a lot of extra stress for him.

The short answer to your question is yes, but I don't know the details. My classmate down with his wife, and then later baby too. I do know that finances were very tight on loans and it was a lot of extra stress for him.
Thanks. I genuinely want to go to Ross for veterinary school (caribbean stigma be damned!) because I've done a lot of evaluating and it is an experience that my wife and I want to have. Also, she has given me the ok to apply. I know that there is probably a list of cons to go along with the pros, which is why I wanted an idea of the situation. Also, finances have never NOT been tight for us so I don't think it will be anything new for us to push through for a few more years. Wonderful college life indeed. You have this idea of what it is supposed to be like until you have to pay a mortgage and insurance and bills and work full time while still trying to make grades good enough for the vet school application while volunteering and getting vet experience. Its stressful indeed, but worth it. Anyway, I would appreciate more info from people who have gone through it. Thanks for the reply jmo1012.

Thanks. I genuinely want to go to Ross for veterinary school (caribbean stigma be damned!) because I've done a lot of evaluating and it is an experience that my wife and I want to have. Also, she has given me the ok to apply. I know that there is probably a list of cons to go along with the pros, which is why I wanted an idea of the situation. Also, finances have never NOT been tight for us so I don't think it will be anything new for us to push through for a few more years. Wonderful college life indeed. You have this idea of what it is supposed to be like until you have to pay a mortgage and insurance and bills and work full time while still trying to make grades good enough for the vet school application while volunteering and getting vet experience. Its stressful indeed, but worth it. Anyway, I would appreciate more info from people who have gone through it. Thanks for the reply jmo1012.
Best of luck! My guess is that if you contact the school, they could put you in touch with a student with similar circumstances to chat with.