Ross c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you have any outstanding prerequisites? I’ve heard them give people vet prep who have like 3 in progress even tho they’d be done by the time they graduate and enter the program
No, I really don’t know what it would be other than maybe my interview didn’t go as well as I thought? I still haven’t gotten a phone call about it just saw it on my portal so I’m probably going to ask why they decided that

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone wants an update- they thought I didn’t have enough animal experience- and she specifically mentioned large animal even tho I have over 600 hours so she’s going to talk to the committee about that and she also recommended that I get more experience and then we can appeal the decision and I could start in the regular class in January.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
For those who have been accepted, how long did it take to hear back about an interview once you were officially under review? I am under review now and I am applying for May 2024 so they were going to try and speed up the process if possible

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, how long did it take to hear back about an interview once you were officially under review? I am under review now and I am applying for May 2024 so they were going to try and speed up the process if possible
It took about 2-3 weeks for me to hear back, but my interview was the day before winter break, so it took a while

Accepted today!!! I interviewed 5 days ago and didn't expect anything for 4 more weeks!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I’ve been accepted only to Ross as well. I have posted in a bunch of threads and spoken to people about my hesitancies and majority of people say to reapply. Mostly due to the risks of high drop/fail out rate, issues with not letting you repeat a class, no student support compared to state schools, NAVLE scores and probation. All of those are valid and personally for me when I applied I really thought I could move there and have always wanted to live on an island. But due to the extreme stress of vet school and lack of support on the island, accommodating to island living etc, I’m worried for my mental health, which would result in bad study habits etc. but honestly part of me is still like oh maybe I can just push through, but is it worth taking the risk of everything. I’ve literally been having a crisis debating to go or reapply so I feel you 100%
Because of many reasons close to these I decided to decline my seat at Ross - I thankfully was accepted to another amazing school in NZ that I will most likely be accepting but waiting on one state school I interviewed for!

Any new updates this week for anyone? Currently waiting to hear back. Do they need the two letters of recommendation to consider you for an interview? I have heard that they can make that decision without the letters but they will need them after. I believe my contacts have sent them in but Ross has not updated my portal.

Any new updates this week for anyone? Currently waiting to hear back. Do they need the two letters of recommendation to consider you for an interview? I have heard that they can make that decision without the letters but they will need them after. I believe my contacts have sent them in but Ross has not updated my portal.
I did not get my interview until all of my letters were in

Any trouble getting a response from the admissions team, administrators, etc.? I had some questions about my application in general, not even my status while I am under review. General questions like hey I submitted this but do you need this, etc. I cannot seem to get a response from anyone I have contacted.

I emailed about possibly withdrawing my application and 2 hours later received an invite to interview??? I emailed back immediately with questions about timeline for continuing my application and she responded immediately (like 7 minutes later) but I sent like 5 emails in the last 4 months that were never answered. Very inconsistent

I emailed about possibly withdrawing my application and 2 hours later received an invite to interview??? I emailed back immediately with questions about timeline for continuing my application and she responded immediately (like 7 minutes later) but I sent like 5 emails in the last 4 months that were never answered. Very inconsistent
That is one of the reasons, I have decided to decline my Ross spot.

That’s frustrating, I keep reading similar situations on here and Reddit and it is worrying me. I only need to know if they have received my letters or not because I was told by one of my recommenders that he would submit by early last week. I don’t want to be pushy and send out reminders if they have possibly submitted already and Ross has just not updated my profile. I had that issue with a transcript. National student clearinghouse reached out to me and asked that I contact Ross to retrieve a transcript of mine that had been processed and waiting for days. I emailed multiple people and they answered immediately and retrieved it. I wonder if that is what’s going on with my letters.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not saying Ross is not an option. With the amount of money you are investing into your future, just make sure you are comfortable with the response time you are getting now because it will not change once you are a student. They have 2 academic advisors for all the vet students (around 900 students). Also, remember Ross is a for profit school which means they have shareholders they need to keep happy. I thought item 4 in this press release ( https://investors.adtalem.com/press-releases/press-releases-details/2024/Adtalem-Global-Education-Counters-Safkhet-Capital-Report/default.aspx ) from Ross’ parent company was interesting.

Can you explain what item 4 says in simple terms?

that's also exactly what happened to me

that's also exactly what happened to me
REALLY?? I thought it was waaay too coincidental to not be on purpose. I’m just so confused as to why my application was seemingly not even being looked at to suddenly I’m offered an interview. Sus

Can you explain what item 4 says in simple terms?
Gainful employment basically means their graduates will be able to make their loan repayments. Adtalem press release states RUSVM falls closest to the gainful employment threshold. If a program fails the gainful employment threshold, they can lose federal student financial aid. They said they can adjust DVM pricing to maintain their eligibility. Does that mean they will lower tuition? If so, does that mean they are overcharging now? The data will start being collected in July of this year & published in 2025. Could students in the meantime be taking on debt they may have trouble paying off?

Below is an article that talks about gainful employment. It has some helpful information.

(https://www.usnews.com/education/be...il the gainful,until after the second failure.)

I noticed they didn’t address the attrition rate mentioned in item 3.

Gainful employment basically means their graduates will be able to make their loan repayments. Adtalem press release states RUSVM falls closest to the gainful employment threshold. If a program fails the gainful employment threshold, they can lose federal student financial aid. They said they can adjust DVM pricing to maintain their eligibility. Does that mean they will lower tuition? If so, does that mean they are overcharging now? The data will start being collected in July of this year & published in 2025. Could students in the meantime be taking on debt they may have trouble paying off?

Below is an article that talks about gainful employment. It has some helpful information.

(https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/gainful-employment-rule-what-students-should-know#:~:text=Programs that fail the gainful,until after the second failure.)

I noticed they didn’t address the attrition rate mentioned in item 3.
Oh I see so it means Ross graduates are basically unable to repay their loans?

• Care
Hi there! Just wanted to share in case it’s any help to anyone else. 🙂 Things are still moving around. I applied via VMCAS 9/18 for Fall 2024, didn’t hear anything for a while, emailed my advisor early January to check in, 1/12 got an interview invite and it’s not until end of Feb. I did not specify any interest in any other term etc.

Any advice from interviewees would be lovely!

It doesn’t mean that because they don’t know a student’s financial status. It should be a general calculation based on the debt a student may accumulate while at Ross. Let me know if you agree with this calculation.

Cost of attendance per November 2022: $36,216 per semester

Total Cost (7 semesters): $253,512
*Need to still add 3 semesters into the total

Annual loan payment at 4% for 30 years: $14,520

Starting salary of vet on the high side: $155,000

The debt to earnings test says annual loan payments should average no more than 8% of their income.

$155,000 times 8% is $12,400.

Based on that it fails the debt to earnings test.

It’s like the bank determining the payment amount you can afford for a house.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but my other takeaway is that Ross could have to require their students to take out private loans as they may no longer be able to offer federal loans?

Or is that not likely to happen?

You are correct. You could use a private loan. Just make sure you research the differences between federal vs private loans. There are some big differences.
Yes, absolutely. I’m unfortunately very well aware 😵‍💫. And it makes vet school a lot less financially feasible for me (and many others I’m sure ) because of those differences.

Interviewed on Monday and accepted today! Still waiting to hear from 3 schools! Graduating with my Masters in May and this is my 2nd cycle applying to schools. 1st time applying to Ross, though. SO unsure as to what to do if I don’t get in anywhere else! All of the current Rossie’s I know are so happy there, but I just don’t know. 🥴

Interviewed on Monday and accepted today! Still waiting to hear from 3 schools! Graduating with my Masters in May and this is my 2nd cycle applying to schools. 1st time applying to Ross, though. SO unsure as to what to do if I don’t get in anywhere else! All of the current Rossie’s I know are so happy there, but I just don’t know. 🥴
What will your masters be in?

Animal Science!
There are many things to consider before going to Ross. I know people that like it there but somethings will probably change. One of the new things is the gainful employment rule that goes into effect July 1, 2024 that their financial aid office says they don’t know about even though the parent company Adtalem does. Adtalem states the program that falls closest to the threshold is RUSVM and from my calculations they fail that rule. From the articles I read, if a school isn’t in compliance they will lose access to federal student loans starting in 2026. I think 2 years is way too long to give a school to get into compliance for this rule. So new students starting now will have to decide if they attend how will they pay for their education if federal student loans are pulled from Ross. It’s a gamble with a lot of money on the line.

I think it’s obviously important to know all the facts before attending but nonetheless Ross vet DOES graduate extremely competent and amazing veterinarians. I know many people who have had positive experiences there, you just have to be ok with the debt you are taking on. There are positives and negatives to EVERY program

I think it’s obviously important to know all the facts before attending but nonetheless Ross vet DOES graduate extremely competent and amazing veterinarians. I know many people who have had positive experiences there, you just have to be ok with the debt you are taking on. There are positives and negatives to EVERY program
I know several competent and amazing veterinarians that graduated from Ross.

Have you heard anything back for May 2024 start date? I see on their website they are still accepting applications for May 2024 start date. Plus they are waiving the application fee until February 29th for everyone except Alabama residents.

Have you heard anything back for May 2024 start date? I see on their website they are still accepting applications for May 2024 start date. Plus they are waiving the application fee until February 29th for everyone except Alabama residents.
Yes! I interview tomorrow!

did anyone that applied feel that your interview could have gone better?

Who did you interview with? Mine felt relaxed but also kind of meh haha
It started off rocky I thought then got better but then I was limited on questions she told me she only had time for one more. It lasted right at 1 hour

The amount of money you will be investing into your education with them you should be allowed to ask as many questions as you need. Maybe you were asking questions that were taking her out of her comfort zone.

The amount of money you will be investing into your education with them you should be allowed to ask as many questions as you need. Maybe you were asking questions that were taking her out of her comfort zone.
I thought maybe she was just out of time. My interview was originally scheduled for the 28th but I asked if they could possibly do it anytime sooner since I am applying for May 2024. She was able to fit me into her schedule. I’m hoping that time was the issue

Mine was with jeanne dipretoro! She was super nice and I didn’t feel rushed but also think it could have been better!
My friend who is a current Ross student also had her! I’m not sure how they choose who is interviewed by which committee member I just hope it is judged equally rather than heavily weighed upon who you spoke with.

My friend who is a current Ross student also had her! I’m not sure how they choose who is interviewed by which committee member I just hope it is judged equally rather than heavily weighed upon who you spoke with.
So she actually told me that she sends a written report of the interview to the committee and then they make the decision independently of her! And then once they’re done and have a choice, they send her the decision to call the applicant with. So I think it doesn’t matter who you talked with but more what they wrote about you

So she actually told me that she sends a written report of the interview to the committee and then they make the decision independently of her! And then once they’re done and have a choice, they send her the decision to call the applicant with. So I think it doesn’t matter who you talked with but more what they wrote about you
yes i was told the same. :giggle:

Hi! I was wondering how long your application was under review before being offered an interview? It’s been almost two weeks for me, also did you have to send your unofficial transcripts? I applied via vmcas and sent official transcripts??

Hi! I was wondering how long your application was under review before being offered an interview? It’s been almost two weeks for me, also did you have to send your unofficial transcripts? I applied via vmcas and sent official transcripts??
I sent updated transcripts. Mine was on hold for a while, they were waiting on pre reqs to be completed. It couldn’t hurt to email them and see if they need anything else for your file !

Mine moved through the review to decision process prettt quickly but it was for a may start and I was eligible for interview in January bc of missing pre reqs

Is there anyone here who accepted their spot for vet prep fall 24? Lmk please! curious to chat with anyone who has

Does anyone who was accepted recently have an idea of how long I should expect to wait before I hear back from my interview? Interviewed Monday for the May 2024 class! I’m sure they are working a little quicker than usual since it’s nearly March

Does anyone who was accepted recently have an idea of how long I should expect to wait before I hear back from my interview? Interviewed Monday for the May 2024 class! I’m sure they are working a little quicker than usual since it’s nearly March
May I’m sure will be much quicker she told me for fall it’s looking 4-6 weeks and even then im not sure it is that long every time

I heard back in about a week I think!

I heard back in 10 days! Emails came first and a call came after few days.