Ross c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did your portal say?
It said vet prep under the “acceptance” tab. And then I got a call from Ruth to let me know

Members don't see this ad.

I’m finally in under review, how long did it take y’all to move to schedule to interview?

Where has everyone been getting info about the island , program , etc ?

And if you’ve interviewed do you have any suggestions on how to prepare ? Thank you !
My interview was very easy going! My interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions! She asked pretty typical interview questions like why I want to be a vet and what I want to do/offer as a vet, how and why I picked this school, etc. We talked about my experiences, grades, and she let me explain about some of my lower grades that I got when I had health issues. She asked about my strengths, and where I feel I need to learn more. I mainly talked about all my clinical experience. Just be yourself! Remember WHY you’re putting yourself through all this. Why you want to be a vet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was very easy going! My interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions! She asked pretty typical interview questions like why I want to be a vet and what I want to do/offer as a vet, how and why I picked this school, etc. We talked about my experiences, grades, and she let me explain about some of my lower grades that I got when I had health issues. She asked about my strengths, and where I feel I need to learn more. I mainly talked about all my clinical experience. Just be yourself! Remember WHY you’re putting yourself through all this. Why you want to be a vet.
thank you for this thoughtful response!

Has anyone else’s portal gone to housing options before receiving a call/email about acceptance?

How are you guys able to check your statuses? When I login to myRossvet I can’t find it

How are you guys able to check your statuses? When I login to myRossvet I can’t find it
have you been invited for an interview yet? It didn't show my status until right before I got the email to do an interview. If yes, it should just be on the Home Screen

Just got in for a fall 2024 start date! So excited to meet everyone <3 Any other queer Rossies-to-be out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Just applied for the summer semester! I have been in communication with some of the admissions team and they were going to start reviewing soon since we are getting closer to May! How soon did you hear back for an interview invite after the initial application directly through Ross rather than using VMCAS?

Withdrew my application!

It can vary @aubreehollowell I put my application in mid September and my application still hasn’t been processed.

Withdrew my application!

It can vary @aubreehollowell I put my application in mid September and my application still hasn’t been processed.
Did you apply via the Ross website or did you use VMCAS?? That is so strange that you never heard back, I had someone reach out to me once I initially started the application and had not yet submitted.

Did you apply via the Ross website or did you use VMCAS?? That is so strange that you never heard back, I had someone reach out to me once I initially started the application and had not yet submitted.
I had the exact same issue and applied through VMCAS. Never heard a peep and recently got an email that they would be “reaching out to me soon about my application status as they finished fall of 2024” which seems like a round about way of telling me I was going to be rejected? Which to me seemingly makes no sense as I submitted BEFORE the vmcas deadline and have every prerequisite complete and ample experience hours. Withdrawing now bc I have an offer elsewhere and don’t feel like being toyed around for any longer as I sent many emails that were never responded to either. Experience left a bad taste in my mouth overall

Reactions: 2 users
Just moved from pending review to in review today after interviewing on the 8th

Last edited:
Also moved to in review today! I believe my interview was on the 9th
I just double checked and mine was the 8th (not sure why I thought it was the 1st lol) but we will probably hear around the same time if they stay on this schedule. Best of luck!!!

I had the exact same issue and applied through VMCAS. Never heard a peep and recently got an email that they would be “reaching out to me soon about my application status as they finished fall of 2024” which seems like a round about way of telling me I was going to be rejected? Which to me seemingly makes no sense as I submitted BEFORE the vmcas deadline and have every prerequisite complete and ample experience hours. Withdrawing now bc I have an offer elsewhere and don’t feel like being toyed around for any longer as I sent many emails that were never responded to either. Experience left a bad taste in my mouth overall
I also submitted my application through VMCAS long before the deadline and my application is still in review. I have no idea if or when I will hear back for an interview or just straight up be denied!

Hey all! For those of you who have been accepted to Ross, are you hesitant to accept your offer? I am unsure of what to do because although the school seems great and I know tons of amazing doctors who were previous Rossies, I’m scared of the lowering NAVLE scores.. The next accreditation evaluation is in 2025 and I’m scared of going into a large debt just for the school to lose accreditation. Its the only school that accepted me so as of right now I am unsure of what to do.

Hey all! For those of you who have been accepted to Ross, are you hesitant to accept your offer? I am unsure of what to do because although the school seems great and I know tons of amazing doctors who were previous Rossies, I’m scared of the lowering NAVLE scores.. The next accreditation evaluation is in 2025 and I’m scared of going into a large debt just for the school to lose accreditation. Its the only school that accepted me so as of right now I am unsure of what to do.

Yes I’m in the same boat! Waiting for one more school to get back but the rest were rejections so I kind of lost hope for schools in the states. I did ask my interviewer about the NAVLE rates and asked why they were so low- he explained it to me saying that NAVLE scores aren’t just from one year they are collected from the past 3-4 years, and said COVID played a big part in it as well as people deciding not to take the NAVLE during COVID times.

Yes I’m in the same boat! Waiting for one more school to get back but the rest were rejections so I kind of lost hope for schools in the states. I did ask my interviewer about the NAVLE rates and asked why they were so low- he explained it to me saying that NAVLE scores aren’t just from one year they are collected from the past 3-4 years, and said COVID played a big part in it as well as people deciding not to take the NAVLE during COVID times.

I’m also waiting for one more school but I don’t have much hope lol. Do you plan to apply again or go to Ross? To me, the process of applying again is daunting and I really want to start this fall so I’m considering just going to Ross.

Hi, I’ve been accepted only to Ross as well. I have posted in a bunch of threads and spoken to people about my hesitancies and majority of people say to reapply. Mostly due to the risks of high drop/fail out rate, issues with not letting you repeat a class, no student support compared to state schools, NAVLE scores and probation. All of those are valid and personally for me when I applied I really thought I could move there and have always wanted to live on an island. But due to the extreme stress of vet school and lack of support on the island, accommodating to island living etc, I’m worried for my mental health, which would result in bad study habits etc. but honestly part of me is still like oh maybe I can just push through, but is it worth taking the risk of everything. I’ve literally been having a crisis debating to go or reapply so I feel you 100%

I also submitted my application through VMCAS long before the deadline and my application is still in review. I have no idea if or when I will hear back for an interview or just straight up be denied!

Have you gotten accepted anywhere else or just waiting on Ross still??

Have you gotten accepted anywhere else or just waiting on Ross still??
I have not gotten accepted anywhere else :( I'm still waiting on 4 other schools though, and none of those interview so ** insert shrug ***

Hey guys I'll be attending this upcoming summer semester I can't wait to meet you all!!!

Are NAVLE pass rates released for each year? Please explain more by what he meant.

I’m also waiting for one more school but I don’t have much hope lol. Do you plan to apply again or go to Ross? To me, the process of applying again is daunting and I really want to start this fall so I’m considering just going to Ross.

I’m going to go in the fall if I don’t get into my other school!

I think the pass rates are updated each year based on the past couple of years. I didn’t ask my interviewer too much because he seemed a little annoyed that I asked!
Strange that he seemed annoyed. Passing the NAVLE is like the entire point of studying veterinary medicine for US students that should be something that’s important to you. I feel like that’s a normal question…. So odd

Reactions: 2 users
I think the pass rates are updated each year based on the past couple of years. I didn’t ask my interviewer too much because he seemed a little annoyed that I asked!
From what I have been reading, the NAVLE pass rate of 80% or higher is based on each college’s graduating class that sits for the NAVLE to pass at the time of graduation. Doesn’t say it’s based on previous years.

Received my acceptance for Fall 2024, although they’re encouraging to attend May 2024. I have 2 weeks to decide per their website, but super happy I got in somewhere after 3 years of rejection from other schools. This was my first year applying to Ross.

From what I have been reading, the NAVLE pass rate of 80% or higher is based on each college’s graduating class that sits for the NAVLE to pass at the time of graduation. Doesn’t say it’s based on previous years.
I’m not sure what you are trying to say here but each program reports their graduating classes average NAVLE pass rate for the students that took the test every year. For example this screenshot shows Ross’s average of students that passed the exam in the years listed. According to this chart in 2021-2022 81% of the students from Ross that sat fhe NAVLE passed

Attachments

• IMG_0301.png
    IMG_0301.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 88
I’m not sure what you are trying to say here but each program reports their graduating classes average NAVLE pass rate for the students that took the test every year. For example this screenshot shows Ross’s average of students that passed the exam in the years listed. According to this chart in 2021-2022 81% of the students from Ross that sat fhe NAVLE passed
I was just saying the pass rate is based on that year & not multiple years.

I’m gonna throw up my portal just switched to say Vet prep acceptance…. Idk how that would happen bc I have a 3.5 gpa other than I’m only 20 🥴 I already was feeling unsure about Ross like…. Now….

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m gonna throw up my portal just switched to say Vet prep acceptance…. Idk how that would happen bc I have a 3.5 gpa other than I’m only 20 🥴 I already was feeling unsure about Ross like…. Now….
How much work experience do you have? That was the reason I got accepted into the VPP instead of the DVM program right away

How much work experience do you have? That was the reason I got accepted into the VPP instead of the DVM program right away
Idk I mean I only have about 300 vet hours but I have 700 working with cattle and 600 or so doing other non animal jobs. Plus volunteering experience

Idk I mean I only have about 300 vet hours but I have 700 working with cattle and 600 or so doing other non animal jobs. Plus volunteering experience

What about your other classes/education other than prereqs? You mentioned you’re 20, so younger than a lot of applicants, is your bachelors mostly completed? Maybe they thought vetprep for that reason? But honestly at that point you’re better off just taking more classes on your own for cheaper and then reapplying to Ross if u wanted to

• Love
What about your other classes/education other than prereqs? You mentioned you’re 20, so younger than a lot of applicants, is your bachelors mostly completed? Maybe they thought vetprep for that reason? But honestly at that point you’re better off just taking more classes on your own for cheaper and then reapplying to Ross if u wanted to
Idk I’m at a loss! I’m graduating with my bachelors like this is my last semester! I’m definitely not accepting it though I still have 2 other schools and if not I’ll work on getting more experience

Reactions: 3 users
Idk I’m at a loss! I’m graduating with my bachelors like this is my last semester! I’m definitely not accepting it though I still have 2 other schools and if not I’ll work on getting more experience
Did you have any outstanding prerequisites? I’ve heard them give people vet prep who have like 3 in progress even tho they’d be done by the time they graduate and enter the program