MPH / MSPH 2022: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from Columbia after being waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How come you didn't apply to Harvard's MPH-65 in Health Management or Health Policy? Not sure how flexible Harvard is with switching, but might be worth talking to a program director since it sounds like that program might be better suited for your goals. That being said I don't think doing the SM in Global Health would hurt you at all and I'm sure you could still get the admin fellowship you want with either choice here. Perhaps just boil it down to which curriculum sounds more interesting to you, and where you want to live more!
Hey! Thanks for your insights! I'll definitely try talking to a program director about this and Boston looks like it's going to offer more opportunities but it's ridiculously expensive haha. But the only thing that's stopping me from choosing Harvard is that I am a little scared that the job prospects for MPH: Health policy and management are better than they're for SM'80 Global Health.

Has anyone heard from NYU Epidemiology
I know that the website says not to email them, but I emailed them last night, and received an updated status email and update in application portal this morning. I saw someone have the same outcome on Reddit a week or so ago. I couldn’t take the anxiety, so it’s worth a try. I applied to MPH Nutrition.

Reactions: 1 users
I know that the website says not to email them, but I emailed them last night, and received an updated status email and update in application portal this morning. I saw someone have the same outcome on Reddit a week or so ago. I couldn’t take the anxiety, so it’s worth a try. I applied to MPH Nutrition.
What email address did you email if you don't mind me asking

Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted to Brown with scholarship :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got into Brown with a full scholarship offer! Over the moon!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Hi everyone, i’m currently deciding between Berkeley and Emory MPH nutritin program. They both financially offered me same level scholarship which so there’s no financial concern for me. I know Emory has a larger size in terms of its program and is in the capital of public health which alleviates its students to land good internships at CDC and DC area. But on the other hand at Berkeley having a smaller size of program gives the opportunity of having strong relationship with professors and even receiving mentorship from them, and its more research based I guess? I’d like to pursue a PhD and also get into the consultancy-policy field. What would be your advice for me? I’m really in between right now :(

Hi everyone, i’m currently deciding between Berkeley and Emory MPH nutritin program. They both financially offered me same level scholarship which so there’s no financial concern for me. I know Emory has a larger size in terms of its program and is in the capital of public health which alleviates its students to land good internships at CDC and DC area. But on the other hand at Berkeley having a smaller size of program gives the opportunity of having strong relationship with professors and even receiving mentorship from them, and its more research based I guess? I’d like to pursue a PhD and also get into the consultancy-policy field. What would be your advice for me? I’m really in between right now :(
I was also between Emory and Berkeley (for Epi) and am choosing Berkeley because of the small and research-based program. I believe it is the better option for us that plan to pursue a PhD - it will be easier to build relationships with the faculty in a smaller class setting and potentially land a PhD position in one of their labs. It's time-efficient to do your PhD at the same place you do your Masters because they will often count many courses that you took during your masters towards your PhD requirements. If you switch schools, you may have to repeat some courses. Think about where you would rather live for the next 6+ years while you complete your training. Good luck with your decision - and maybe see you at Berkeley! :)

I was also between Emory and Berkeley (for Epi) and am choosing Berkeley because of the small and research-based program. I believe it is the better option for us that plan to pursue a PhD - it will be easier to build relationships with the faculty in a smaller class setting and potentially land a PhD position in one of their labs. It's time-efficient to do your PhD at the same place you do your Masters because they will often count many courses that you took during your masters towards your PhD requirements. If you switch schools, you may have to repeat some courses. Think about where you would rather live for the next 6+ years while you complete your training. Good luck with your decision - and maybe see you at Berkeley! :)
Thank you sooo much that really helped!!

I just made if to Duke for MS in Biostatistics. Really confused b/w NYU and Duke. Any advice?

Is anyone else considering remote MPH programs?

Admitted: Harvard, Dartmouth, UNC, Drexel, and Emory (so thrilled and grateful for these options!)
Waiting to hear: JHU

I'm trying to decide which to pursue, and am learning more about their remote programs.

My passion and work experience is in child and family public health. I'm aiming to work part-time (remotely) while earning my degree, ideally contributing to initiatives through the institution that I attend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else really struggling to make a decision? I know where I want to go but when considering the cost, it scares me away tbh :( Not sure if i should go with the more affordable option or not, any advice? What is everyone else taking into consideration when making a decision?

• Care

Admitted: Harvard, Dartmouth, UNC, Drexel, and Emory (so thrilled and grateful for these options!)

I'm trying to decide which to pursue, and am learning more about their remote programs.

My passion and work experience is in child and family public health. I'm aiming to work part-time (remotely) while earning my degree, ideally contributing to initiatives through the institution that I attend.
Yes I’m considering both in person and part time/online! I applied to the JHU for part time/online because it so far seemed like the best remote program to me. You can still take many of the same classes as in-person students and have a ton of flexibility in your courses which I didn’t see with most other online programs. Also, the professors that teach the online courses are the same ones as the in-person program which seemed pretty unique too. I also like that you can go in person for the shorter institutes if you can’t move. I took a class with them online this fall and it definitely seemed like a good class (well organized, opportunities for discussion, etc). The only downside is the cost 😞 I also considered the SDSU online program but ended up not applying

Is there a discord/telegram channel for NYU admitted students

I may have missed this, but is there an admitted students group chat/discord/etc for Vanderbilt MPH? Want to get connected/feel the vibe/talk about housing!

people negotiated with michigan (and other programs) last year. i think now is a good time to negotiate. it seems like they offer in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, but there might be other increments in between
any tips on how to negotiate the scholarship offer?

I'm doing the Harvard 45 Generalist. I got accepted into a bunch of the online/Executive online programs and Harvard's program is substantially cheaper (roughly $20k less than UNC,UMich and GWU) and I got a scholarship. I already have a job and I'm not looking to relocate at this point so it's perfect for me.

Accepted to Columbia off the waitlist!
omg congratulations! What concentration? I'm waiting for epi and I just submitted a letter of continued interest today and im stressing ahhh if you have any other advice on how to get off i'd love to hear it!

Does anyone have a discord/groupme/facebook group for the MS programs at Harvard?

I'm doing the Harvard 45 Generalist. I got accepted into a bunch of the online/Executive online programs and Harvard's program is substantially cheaper (roughly $20k less than UNC,UMich and GWU) and I got a scholarship. I already have a job and I'm not looking to relocate at this point so it's perfect for me.
I'm seriously considering enrolling in that program! I'm weighing finances heavily in my decision-making as well. I talked to a currently-enrolled student today, and it really boosted my confidence in the program. (I reached out to [email protected] to set this up, in case you're interested.)

I'm also still waiting to hear from JHU MPH Online/Parttime. Keeping my fingers crossed! (Also beginning to assume that I was not accepted because it's late March and I have yet to hear.) If I am accepted, I'll be weighing the cost of this program against the Harvard 45 Generalist.

Last edited:
Hi guys- I have only seen posts about those who have received funding. I actually haven't heard back from any of the schools I was accepted into about funding. I'm getting nervous, and I wondered if anyone else is in a similar position? I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone know if the GW MPH is in-person or virtual because of COVID?
We are in person (have been since fall 2021). Vaccines, masks, and testing twice a month required

I'm seriously considering enrolling in that program! I'm weighing finances heavily in my decision-making as well. I talked to a currently-enrolled student today, and it really boosted my confidence in the program. (I reached out to [email protected] to set this up, in case you're interested.)

I'm also still waiting to hear from JHU MPH Online/Parttime. Keeping my fingers crossed! (Also beginning to assume that I was not accepted because it's late March and I have yet to hear.) If I am accepted, I'll be weighing the cost of this program against the Harvard 45 Generalist.
I was able to talk to a student as well. I appreciate the smaller cohort size and it seems like the professors are very engaged. Also it didn't seem overwhelming. The online/part-time JHU is $78k (give or take) which is more than Harvard's program and the way you have to fit all of the courses in the academic terms just seemed like a lot. Maybe that's just me. Would be curious to hear how others enjoyed the online/part-time JHU program.

Hi guys- I have only seen posts about those who have received funding. I actually haven't heard back from any of the schools I was accepted into about funding. I'm getting nervous, and I wondered if anyone else is in a similar position? I'm not sure what to do.
Hey! I'm in a similar position, I have only heard about funding from Northeastern but, they don't have an epidemiology concentration so it definitely is not my first choice. I have about two weeks to make a decision for my top choice but, without any funding or knowing about FAFSA I don't know if it is a viable option for me.

I haven't found any yet!! I'm super interested if there is. UW's program seems great, I loved th
Yeah everyone seems super nice, I just want to see ppl in the cohort because I’m thinking about housing

Here’s a link to UW MPH discord:

I haven't found any yet!! I'm super interested if there is. UW's program seems great, I loved the accepted students day!
Does anyone know if there’s any groups for UW Epi? Or just UW SPH?
I’ve been searching for one myself.

Here’s a link to UW discord group:

Just heard back from Boston U and that concludes the admissions cycle for me! Posting this here (and to the google drive sheet) for current / future applicants' reference and/or for those who may want to discuss choosing between schools, international perspectives etc.

Applied: Harvard MPH-45 Global Health (27/11), JHU MPH (28/11), Columbia Accelerated MPH General Public Health (30/11), Yale Advanced Professional (Global Health concentration) (14/12), BU MPH Global Health PDME (2/1), Northwestern MPH (Global Health) (15/1)
Admitted: JHU (2/8) + 45% off tuition (2/22), Columbia (2/14) + 45% off tuition (2/25), Yale (2/23), Harvard (2/24), Northwestern (3/3) + 25% off tuition (3/4), BU + 30% off tuition (3/28)
Attending: Harvard

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UC Berkeley?? I've sent them a few emails and they just keep saying they're working through applications as they come! But I sent mine before the priority deadline so I'm not sure why they haven't sent me a determination yet! At this point I'm assuming it will be a rejection but idk why they won't just send it.

Are others still waiting to hear from BU? I applied in November, and received confirmation that my application was under review on 1/26. I emailed them about a week ago to get an update on my application status, and they just said "You should be hearing back in a few weeks." I'm getting worried with the April 15th deadline approaching, but not sure what else to do at this point.

Does NYU need official transcripts/degree from previously attended educational institutes, once admitted?

Are others still waiting to hear from BU? I applied in November, and received confirmation that my application was under review on 1/26. I emailed them about a week ago to get an update on my application status, and they just said "You should be hearing back in a few weeks." I'm getting worried with the April 15th deadline approaching, but not sure what else to do at this point.
My application was under review 2/11. Their email said to expect a reply within 5-6 weeks, but I haven't heard back either. 🤷‍♀️

Is there a Rutgers discord/groupme for admitted students or people willing to connect? Heavily debating if I should go in-state and I feel like talking to others will help my decision...

Hi everyone! Is anyone attending JHU MSPH for health education & communication or choosing between JHU, BU and Canadian universities? Would love to connect!