MSU CVM Summer Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alissa14

cat lover•WW•Michigan State c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I’m looking for some answers. I applied the 2019 cycle and got rejected, but then was invited to apply for MSU’s enrichment summer program. I’m just curious if anyone here can tell me approximately how many people apply. If anyone here has been through the program or knows someone who has I’d like to hear this experience as well. I was very interested in the opportunity not only because it seemed super hands- on and interesting but also I think it will really add to my application for the next cycle. Thanks in advance to anyone able to provide some insight!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all... not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I’m looking for some answers. I applied the 2019 cycle and got rejected, but then was invited to apply for MSU’s enrichment summer program. I’m just curious if anyone here can tell me approximately how many people apply. If anyone here has been through the program or knows someone who has I’d like to hear this experience as well. I was very interested in the opportunity not only because it seemed super hands- on and interesting but also I think it will really add to my application for the next cycle. Thanks in advance to anyone able to provide some insight!!
@finnickthedog

Reactions: 1 user
I went through the program in 2016 but it was a bit different than it is now (more people, varying levels, longer duration) so my experiences are a little bit outdated. I do know a couple of people who were in the program when I was but also did it again the next year after the changes so I can try reaching out to them about how it was different.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a pretty similar experience to what I had, just a little shorter. It's definitely valuable and I highly recommend it.

I don't know how many people apply and I'm not sure anybody really knows that (other than the people looking at application).

Reactions: 1 user
I went through the program in 2016 but it was a bit different than it is now (more people, varying levels, longer duration) so my experiences are a little bit outdated. I do know a couple of people who were in the program when I was but also did it again the next year after the changes so I can try reaching out to them about how it was different.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a pretty similar experience to what I had, just a little shorter. It's definitely valuable and I highly recommend it.

I don't know how many people apply and I'm not sure anybody really knows that (other than the people looking at application).
Thanks for the insight!