My study plan what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaughingGas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was suppose to study for the DAT for the summer so I dropped all the classes. Long story short, had to deal with some personal stuff, got lazy and wasted my summer.
Now fall quarter started and Im currently taking biochem, pathophysiology, and neurophysiology and maybe thinking of adding one more class, either biotech course or geography (just to fill 4 classes per term). I figured I would study better while im in school so I could be in a study mode.
So far class from monday~wednesday and if i add geography, thursday too at nighttime. work on saturdays.
I'm planning on making comprehensive note from Chads for gen chem and ochem , started with barrons ap book for ecology and evolution section, and from my old bio class textbooks of cell bio, molecularbio, physiology and genetics for the next three months, including flash cards.
So far I have : Chads, destroyer, math destroyer, barrons AP, Cliffs AP, ADA 2007, TOPSCORE.
After Im done with the term and making comprehensive notes, I plan on review my notes for 1~2 week and take practice tests for the next 2~3 week.
So I'll be focusing purely for DAT for 1 month or a bit more before school starts and take it.
Opinions? Criticism? Thank you :D

Members don't see this ad.

So I was suppose to study for the DAT for the summer so I dropped all the classes. Long story short, had to deal with some personal stuff, got lazy and wasted my summer.
Now fall quarter started and Im currently taking biochem, pathophysiology, and neurophysiology and maybe thinking of adding one more class, either biotech course or geography (just to fill 4 classes per term). I figured I would study better while im in school so I could be in a study mode.
So far class from monday~wednesday and if i add geography, thursday too at nighttime. work on saturdays.
I'm planning on making comprehensive note from Chads for gen chem and ochem , started with barrons ap book for ecology and evolution section, and from my old bio class textbooks of cell bio, molecularbio, physiology and genetics for the next three months, including flash cards.
So far I have : Chads, destroyer, math destroyer, barrons AP, Cliffs AP, ADA 2007, TOPSCORE.
After Im done with the term and making comprehensive notes, I plan on review my notes for 1~2 week and take practice tests for the next 2~3 week.
So I'll be focusing purely for DAT for 1 month or a bit more before school starts and take it.
Opinions? Criticism? Thank you :D

How was your meeting with ADCOM people? What did you learn?

How was your meeting with ADCOM people? What did you learn?

LOL!! WRONG FORUM. JK. Errr. I talked about something very personal that I thought might interfere with admission if at some point i get accepted but seems like doesnt affect at all. Besides that, I'm on the right track on my academic progress, (coming from very low GPA), wanted me to get 20+ across the board for DAT, and as their website stats minimum of 4 classes, which 3 should be hard science. Also for postbac, didn't matter if its a formal postbac or masters as long as the program helps you to show you can handle rigor of science classes, which I think if its masters, should be SMP.

LOL!! WRONG FORUM. JK. Errr. I talked about something very personal that I thought might interfere with admission if at some point i get accepted but seems like doesnt affect at all. Besides that, I'm on the right track on my academic progress, (coming from very low GPA), wanted me to get 20+ across the board for DAT, and as their website stats minimum of 4 classes, which 3 should be hard science. Also for postbac, didn't matter if its a formal postbac or masters as long as the program helps you to show you can handle rigor of science classes, which I think if its masters, should be SMP.

Have you taken DAT before? If so, what were your scores?
How many classes are you taking this semester? How many upper division courses do you need?
Whats your GPA right now? How many credits have you taken so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you taken DAT before? If so, what were your scores?
How many classes are you taking this semester? How many upper division courses do you need?
Whats your GPA right now? How many credits have you taken so far?

I only taken 2007 free practice for fun. No official DAT yet, thats why I wrote the post above. Im currently taking 3 upper div and thining of adding one but don't know which one. They said you need at least 2 years of that sort of rigor ( 4 class: 3 science +1) . GPA now is 3.0 coming from sub 3 and postbac gpa of 3.8, and had taken about 60 credits.

I only taken 2007 free practice for fun. No official DAT yet, thats why I wrote the post above. Im currently taking 3 upper div and thining of adding one but don't know which one. They said you need at least 2 years of that sort of rigor ( 4 class: 3 science +1) . GPA now is 3.0 coming from sub 3 and postbac gpa of 3.8, and had taken about 60 credits.

Plan is good but I would spend more time reviewing and taking practice exams. Continue getting A with your post-bac courses. Any other questions?