My university has a unique numeric grading scale. How would a 3.8 in a class be calculated in amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dontgiveupdontgivein

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My schools grading scale is basically 98-100 is a 4.0 97 is a 3.9 and 95-96 is a 3.8. Since this grading scale is more difficult will the amcas count a 3.9 or 3.8 in a class as a 4.0? Since an A is treated as a 4.0 and an A- is a 3.7 in mcas, I was thinking they would round it to a 4.0. I tried contacting the amcas but I keep getting different answers depending on who I talk to. Even my schools registrar is not giving me answers. I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My schools grading scale is basically 98-100 is a 4.0 97 is a 3.9 and 95-96 is a 3.8. Since this grading scale is more difficult will the amcas count a 3.9 or 3.8 in a class as a 4.0? Since an A is treated as a 4.0 and an A- is a 3.7 in mcas, I was thinking they would round it to a 4.0. I tried contacting the amcas but I keep getting different answers depending on who I talk to. Even my schools registrar is not giving me answers. I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot.
Thank you!
A 3.9 counts as a 3.9. A 3.8 counts as a 3.8. If your school gives letter grades, you put letter grades into AMCAS. If your school gives you numerical grades you put numerical grades in. They will not round your numerical grades.

Reactions: 1 user