PhD/PsyD NAN Next Week! Oct 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LightBulb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I get to go!!!!!!

First time!

:clap::highfive::banana:

Anyone else here going?

:nod::=|:-)::claps:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I gotta ask... why or what is it about INS or AACN that you prefer to NAN? I am willing to be enlightened. :nod::=|:-):

Ok, so I gotta ask... why or what is it about INS or AACN that you prefer to NAN? I am willing to be enlightened. :nod::=|:-):

To be clear, NAN is an excellent organization and puts on a great conference--I've attended several times. However, I find INS to be more research-oriented, which is more in line with my training/career goals.

I primarily go to INS because the topic areas of recent conferences have been more to my liking, and I know more people who attend it vs. NAN. Although I agree that as a practice organization, NAN is great.

I really want to make it to AACN one of these days, as they also look to have great talks. I just always forget to request the time off in advance.

I like NAN and think they put on a quality conference, though it's been a few years since I've attended.

I prefer INS because the topics are a bit more hard-sciencey.

I have yet to get to AACN, but it looks great. Between the presentation topics and the annual bar gathering of list serv members…it's can't miss conferencing. One of these years...

Yep. I usually have to choose one per year, and INS wins out because I know more folks there. I've been to NAN a few times in the past and enjoyed it, though. And the shift to a single registration fee for open access to all CE sessions is appealing.

Never been to NAN, usually go to AACN and/or INS.

From the forum here last year, it sounded like some of the talks at NAN were "dumbed down"? I wasn't there but read some posts about it in 2015.

But I've had a couple of supervisors that said they liked going in the past.