Nashville Job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted874283

Can anybody comment on the job market in Nashville, TN (and/or the surround suburbs such as Brentwood and Franklin). I am curious what the work environment is like and how to salaries compare to the rest of the county. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have looked several times. It is not a good market in my opinion. When I last looked the pay was terrible. I had looked years before and they were very far below the national average for pay. It is expensive to live in Nashville relative to the rest of TN as well. I do not know anything about the clinical environment.

Can anybody comment on the job market in Nashville, TN (and/or the surround suburbs such as Brentwood and Franklin). I am curious what the work environment is like and how to salaries compare to the rest of the county. Thanks
I did locums with AMG in Nashville last year for a few months. As I recall, the pay wasn’t that great back then, and then they got bought out by USAP. Overall, I liked the people a lot, and the relationship with the CRNAs was pretty good. It’s basically all supervision, which I could never do long term. I looked at their site, and it appears they aren’t hiring right now.

I have looked several times. It is not a good market in my opinion. When I last looked the pay was terrible. I had looked years before and they were very far below the national average for pay. It is expensive to live in Nashville relative to the rest of TN as well. I do not know anything about the clinical environment.
What do u consider below national pay?

In Florida. Average pay is 450k/40 hours excluding call stipend. Call stipend /weekends end up averaging 100k at most places plus 10/11 weeks off.

That’s what I consider “average” these days.

So what is ur definition of market pay
Hours worked /calls/nights worked

Reactions: 1 user
I do not remember exactly what the pay was. It was something stupid like low mid 400s with a buy in, which was not really a buy in. I am sure you can email or call to find out. "average" is regionally dependent. Employee jobs with 40 hrs per week prn are now $300+ per hour for general. That is $600k per year

I do not remember exactly what the pay was. It was something stupid like low mid 400s with a buy in, which was not really a buy in. I am sure you can email or call to find out. "average" is regionally dependent. Employee jobs with 40 hrs per week prn are now $300+ per hour for general. That is $600k per year

300x40=12k/week but who works 50 weeks/yr?

300x40=12k/week but who works 50 weeks/yr?
I know. Gator doesn’t factor a lot of things
$300 x 40 x 42 weeks (10 weeks off) should be the calculation.
500k is the number for 40 hours

Assuming no benefits. No retirement matching. No healthcare.

My salary w2 450k is worth around another 20k healthcare free. Another 30k dumped into my retirement account. I can still put away 70k pretax as well

That’s why I said a w2 job for 40 hours is rough 450k these days with 10 weeks off.

People don’t look at the entire package.

Yes. It’s pretty easy to make 550-600k 1099 40 hours and no calls these days with $300/hr stable 1099 locums gigs. No benefits. That’s not much more than what I get at $450k w2 with my perks

Reactions: 2 users