NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, so someone from the 27th of December has their scores? Well, it's been a long time coming. I pray that all of us have passed and can put this behind us!!!:xf:
No I meant they have started posting the letter from 27 Feb. I believe people who have written it before 2012 have already received their scores. Its just us now!

No I meant they have started posting the letter from 27 Feb. I believe people who have written it before 2012 have already received their scores. Its just us now!
I looked on the website and tried to pull up the scoring schedule and it will not appear. Has anyone else seen the scoring schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I finally understand what you were saying Holly! All of the reports for Part 2 were shipped on yesterday! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure that they will arrive tomorrow, no later than Thursday for me. In the past, it usually took about 2 days after they were mailed. I sure hope I sleep tonight!!!!!

Ok, I finally understand what you were saying Holly! All of the reports for Part 2 were shipped on yesterday! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure that they will arrive tomorrow, no later than Thursday for me. In the past, it usually took about 2 days after they were mailed. I sure hope I sleep tonight!!!!!

I hope so man! Hope we make it:xf:

ok, just checked my mail and no luck today! I had myself all psyched up to get them and now it's like I will have to wait some more. I feel good about it, but you will always feel a little nervous, especially if it isn't your first time. Good Luck everyone! God Bless!

ok, here it is 3 days later and I have yet to receive my score. I took my exam Jan 30-31, anyone else take it those dates or nearby and have received their scores? Geesh! This is making me age by the day. Keeping a positive attitude!

ok, here it is 3 days later and I have yet to receive my score. I took my exam Jan 30-31, anyone else take it those dates or nearby and have received their scores? Geesh! This is making me age by the day. Keeping a positive attitude!
Do you know till what date exam taken their reports are mailed? I mean only Jan or Feb also.

I am pretty sure if Jan takers get their score reports by the end of feb, Then can imagine for others also it'll be late, sooner then they will make it the usual time 3-4 weeks gap to publish the scores.
God be with all.:thumbup:

I am not sure. The score report update on the JCNDE website only said that NBDE part 1 and 2 were shipped on 2/27. It didn't give a breakdown on when you took it versus when it would be mailed. It made me think that they were all being sent at the same time.

I have not received neither.. I took same days... same like you... keeping positive...

I have not received neither.. I took same days... same like you... keeping positive...

Ok, I was beginning to worry just a little bit. This was my second attempt and since I had trouble with Part 1, I do not want to relive that experience. It was heart breaking! I will keep you posted, but i checked the mail today and there was nothing. I am going out of town tomorrow and would have liked to know beforehand. I didn't tell anyone but my family and this forum when and if I was even taking it. It causes a lot of stress and people will keep asking how you did and that makes me anxious. God Bless! He has our backs and I am sure where we were weak, He was strong. I refuse to think anything less. There is power in the words and our thoughts!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I was beginning to worry just a little bit. This was my second attempt and since I had trouble with Part 1, I do not want to relive that experience. It was heart breaking! I will keep you posted, but i checked the mail today and there was nothing. I am going out of town tomorrow and would have liked to know beforehand. I didn't tell anyone but my family and this forum when and if I was even taking it. It causes a lot of stress and people will keep asking how you did and that makes me anxious. God Bless! He has our backs and I am sure where we were weak, He was strong. I refuse to think anything less. There is power in the words and our thoughts!:)

Hey Canine Crusader!!
Dont worry their are lots of people just like you, I went through similar experience with part-1 and I hope part 2 will make our stress level down. I completely agree that How God said that when we are weak, He is strong..Its a nice verse, on which we can hope on and encourage ourselves and others. He got us!!
All the best!!

You guys are awesome.
Got my scores today. I took my exam Feb 8 and 9.
So you guys will prob receive your scores tmrw.
Best of luck!!

Congratulation to those who have received their score and passed. I am still waiting for mine to come. I took it on Feb 9 and 10.
update: Got the results today...Passed.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome.
Got my scores today. I took my exam Feb 8 and 9.
So you guys will prob receive your scores tmrw.
Best of luck!!

Congratulations!!
Hey can you tell me one thing do we have to pass seperately for the first day and second day or its the composite of the 2 day.
Thanks

Congratulations!!
Hey can you tell me one thing do we have to pass seperately for the first day and second day or its the composite of the 2 day.
Thanks

I think it's both days combined. It just says Part II-PASS. Nothing else.

hi
can anyone please tell me that if a person applies with part 1 and TOEFL scores, can he/she update part 2 scores later on? And, are letters of recommendation mandatory for application? can they also be updated later on?
Thank you

hi
can anyone please tell me that if a person applies with part 1 and TOEFL scores, can he/she update part 2 scores later on? And, are letters of recommendation mandatory for application? can they also be updated later on?
Thank you

U can update part 2 scores
But 3 letters of reccommendation are mandatory to complete the application.....

HI!!! I got the score today , I took January 30-31.... I PASS... wish you luck my friend.!!!!:laugh::xf::thumbup:

I got 369/500. they gave me a 73. So high score, should I appeal? that is a 74 base score, no curb. Im sad.

Check if you've added your clinical case scores in that. You shouldn't include that when you calculate your total as the individual subject scores include the case scores too.

I got 369/500. they gave me a 73. So high score, should I appeal? that is a 74 base score, no curb. Im sad.

I'm interested to start preparing for the NBDE part2, If anyone has the study materials (decks, and released exams) I will buy them. please send me a private message if you have them and I will discuss with you (in the US)

regards

Freaking out and going real crazy.
My exam is just 8 days away. Doing the question papers and last minute revisions. and scoring super low. :scared:
I 'll see what can be done in this coming week.

Hi

Anybody took part 2 recently...?pls share ur experience.....hw was ur exam- both days.....,materials u used.....

Thanks in advance.

I got my part 2 results and I passed the exam.
Feeling sooo good and relieved. Next is the Wrebs.
Is there anyone who is going to take the wrebs in Aug?

congratulations to all who passed part II.

how many correct questions should we have to pass part II? # of correct when do ASDA paper?

thanks

Hi

Anybody took part 2 recently...?pls share ur experience.....hw was ur exam- both days.....,materials u used.....

Thanks in advance.
Hi guys I cleared yeeeee :) i got my result in 10 days, can u beat that, didnt expect it to receive it soo soon anyways got it positive thats all that matters, no?
It wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be. So Believe in urselves and you can do it.
Regarding prep:
Pharm: use Tufts
Operative: Dental decks
Prosthodontics: Decks and Mosby's
OS/Ortho /pedo: Mosby's is enough
Oral Path and Radiology: DECKS more than enough
Periodontics: Mosbys
Patient Management: Mosbys ( try and UNDERSTAND each word from it although its still not sufficient but u will get thru it if you do this section thoroughly)
And offcourse ASDA papers
I studied for 20 days believe me or not ( although slogged for those 20 ).
Have faith, coz we all have gone thru with this before and we already know everything (apart from some insurance thingy).
Best of luck to everyone
if anybody is intrested in materials lemme know.

Hi guys I cleared yeeeee :) i got my result in 10 days, can u beat that, didnt expect it to receive it soo soon anyways got it positive thats all that matters, no?
It wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be. So Believe in urselves and you can do it.
Regarding prep:
Patient Management: Mosbys ( try and UNDERSTAND each word from it although its still not sufficient but u will get thru it if you do this section thoroughly)
Have faith, coz we all have gone thru with this before and we already know everything (apart from some insurance thingy).
Best of luck to everyone

Hi docofsmiles

Congrats....so happy for u..
Thanks a lot for sharing ur experience...
I'm using decks only....and mosby for pt management....

Do u hav any idea perio,ortho.pedo,os - decks are almost same as mosby?
Is the q pattern same or more r like match the correct answers , comparing the statement type as in decks....?

Thanks

Regarding prep:
Best of luck to everyone
hi docofsmiles
And hw was ur day 2? Wat materials u used for the cases?

Thanks

Believe me i didnt have time to do everything. i opened DECKS only for Radio and O path , Prostho and operative rest all i did it from Mosbys .
Regarding match the answers type of question there were hardly any. Lots of question regarding insurance and type of cilinical studies ( Pt Management ) Know this part verywell ( i think we find this area difficult because its not the clinical stuff that we do in the clinic and its more of a subject that we need to mug up)
2 day was ok good radiographs and history to deduce ur answers but the only thing that bothered me was that i was continuously opening widows ( peio charting/ radiographs/ photographs / history) as for a person like me who cant stare at computer screen for very long, It was too much. So expect all this.
i didnt study and materials specifically for this section just the Asda papers (luckily it did it for me, so cant really give any in put abt this).

Believe me i didnt have time to do everything. i opened DECKS only for Radio and O path , Prostho and operative rest all i did it from Mosbys .
Regarding match the answers type of question there were hardly any. Lots of question regarding insurance and type of cilinical studies ( Pt Management ) Know this part verywell ( i think we find this area difficult because its not the clinical stuff that we do in the clinic and its more of a subject that we need to mug up)
2 day was ok good radiographs and history to deduce ur answers but the only thing that bothered me was that i was continuously opening widows ( peio charting/ radiographs/ photographs / history) as for a person like me who cant stare at computer screen for very long, It was too much. So expect all this.
i didnt study and materials specifically for this section just the Asda papers (luckily it did it for me, so cant really give any in put abt this).

Thanks so much,I appreciate ur help.....

Hi

Does a Patient who has under gone knee replacement procedure 3 yrs ago need antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedure?

Thanks

Regarding prep:
Best of luck to everyone
hi docofsmiles

i am preparing for part 2
i need some help on how to prepare

you can also mail me at [email protected]

congratulations on your success

Last edited:

i have started to prepare for part 2 and i am confused
help me on how to plan

Can anybody send me the ans for ortho decks ques.no 16,17,18,19,20 ,as in my decks ans are missing,send me pm,tnz in advance

i have started to prepare for part 2 and i am confused
help me on how to plan

hi
can somebody tell me how to prepare for pt management and insurance type qs
since i am preparing from home will i miss on the latest info that is given to the students who are already into the dental school
advise will really be helpful
have a good every body

hi
can somebody tell me how to prepare for pt management and insurance type qs
since i am preparing from home will i miss on the latest info that is given to the students who are already into the dental school
advise will really be helpful
have a good every body

I have same question.. How to do this pt management type question. Pls somebody who has done the exam pls help...

Thank a lot !!

For those who have passed, how did your report look like. is it pass fail for all your attempts. did it show
NBDE 1 pass/fail
NBDE 2 pass/fail

Attempts #

what about scores from before 1/12 ?

thank you for sharing.