NBDE part 1 in december

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_ist

dent_ist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone !!!!
those people who r planning to take part 1 in dec please join this thread,those who have finished their exams pl share ur thoughts n give preparation tips
is anybody out there is from VA?and want to study together?pl send me PM who is intrested in study online....... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

dent_ist said:
Hi everyone !!!!
those people who r planning to take part 1 in dec please join this thread,those who have finished their exams pl share ur thoughts n give preparation tips
is anybody out there is from VA?and want to study together?pl send me PM who is intrested in study online....... :thumbup:

hi everybody i am a compartively new to SDN and am loving it.
well to start with i am a forced aspirant as i do not know much about the exam, the way selections are being made ,what is Upenn ...blah ..blah
but its the majic of SDN that today i recieved my packet of Dental decks 2004:scared: ,and yet do not know much about applying for the test :laugh:
in my journey i am seeking the help and guidance from SDN members whever i need it :) :love: (well i need it right now to tell me where to start with,though i have read the thread links of intr to fore dentist)
i do am interested in study online :D
love to you all
take care :thumbup:
bye

Hi Dent_ist:

I am planing to take the part I in Dec. But I haven't start yet, need some advice on how to prepare and still wondering if I should sign up with Kaplan's on line cource or not. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dent_ist:

I am planing to take the part I in Dec. But I haven't start yet, need some advice on how to prepare and still wondering if I should sign up with Kaplan's on line cource or not. How about you?

Hi everybody,
I am new to sdn,and i am retaking part1,and i am taking it after a year,so its been a while since i touched my books,and i am planning to take it in september CBT,i do have kaplan notes 2003,and dental deck 2001 edition.
after reading all these other threads,i assume there is a change of pattern or some advancements in the exam as well in the deck.
so i have a question that shall i get 2004 dental deck or i am fine with 2001 deck only?
any kind of feed back will be highly appreciated.
and anybody wants to be a study partner or looking for someone to discuss and study,plz count me in.

Hi,
iam taking the NBDe part 1 in december too. Anybody living in US and writing the NBDE? I live in California and want a study partner to discuss .....anyone interested can mail me at
[email protected]

Hi,
iam also taking the exams in december and need a study partner for discussions . I live in the US. I will be happy if there is someone closeby to discuss the studies and how much she/ he is doing per day to keep me motivated .
anyone interested plz email me @
[email protected]

Hi there!
I m not that good in guiding any one of u,but yah i can tell u things which i have read on SDN! :)

hi Drsue04!
pl check out this thread,
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=104734&highlight=kaplan+poll
go on this u ll find everyones view on Kaplan cource.I hope it ll help u!

hi dental dream!
it is fine if u have DD 2001,there is not much difference in 2004 n 2001 DD

hi rags182!
we can start studing online,whenever all of u are ready.

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF U :luck: :luck: :luck:

Bikki said:
Hi,
iam also taking the exams in december and need a study partner for discussions . I live in the US. I will be happy if there is someone closeby to discuss the studies and how much she/ he is doing per day to keep me motivated .
anyone interested plz email me @
[email protected]

i live in Virginiya.now a days i m studing 4-5 hrs.i m not able to sit tight n study.Now a days i m doing DD.i m reading from 2001 DDpl check ur pm
what @ u?
bye

Drsue04 said:
Hi Dent_ist:

can

hi drsue04!
u can start studing from this movement!don't worry!
but don't take it lightly,n start studing for atleast 4-5 hrs a day (to start with)
bye n take care

Hi Friends,
I live in chicago,recently came from india,not even out of my orientation period yet.but yes i am planning to give some serious study hours .i am planning to start with anatomy,my weakest subject.
and i am planning to stick with 2001 dental deck only.and released exams.
is there any change in exam style?
lets help each other and lets get thru.
any body in the area need study partner,email me or pm me.
gud luck and thanx friends.

hi!
i m new to SDN!i m also planning to take CBT part 1 in Dec.
nice meeting u all :thumbup:

hai
iam anu. just landed in us bay area. :)
i recently finished my bds in india, and iam thinking of preparing for nbde part 1. i'vent yet started studying. i,ll b so glad if anyone who is interested to share their ideas and help each other in studying .and moreover is their anybody who is intersted to do combined studies.
ok
bye
thankx
anu

Members don't see this ad :)
dranuusa said:
hai
i recently finished my bds in india, and iam thinking of preparing for nbde part 1. i'vent yet started studying. i,ll b so glad if anyone who is interested to share their ideas and help each other in studying .and moreover is their anybody who is intersted to do combined studies.
ok
bye
thankx
anu

HI ANU!
nice to meet u,
where r u located usa?
i m also from India
do u have DD,kaplan notes ?
i m intrested in combined study,
pl give the timings,so that we can study

thanks

regards
sahil

hi rags182!

WE ARE READY :thumbup:

rags182 said:
hi rags182!

Hi all!
me n bikki already started studing together. :clap:
if u want to join pl be online tomorrow@2'O'clock on yahoo messenger in the noon.
today we ll read bacteria n viruses from micropath DD,n ll disscus the same tomorrow.

and those who r intrested in combine study,please post ur yahoo id at sdn in the same thread,so that we can come together n communicate n study

bye n study :thumbup: :luck:

Hi all!
me n bikki already started studing together. :clap:
if u want to join pl be online tomorrow@2'O'clock on yahoo messenger in the noon.
today we ll read bacteria n viruses from micropath DD,n ll disscus the same tomorrow.

and those who r intrested in combine study,please post ur yahoo id at sdn in the same thread,so that we can come together n communicate n study

bye n study :thumbup: :luck:[/QUOTE]

HI DENT_IST!
nice to see that u r really planning to combined study! :thumbup:
n starting it tomorrow,pritty fastttttttt,good :wow:
i ll read both the topics n ll be online tomorrow. :)
my id is
[email protected]
pl add me in ur friend list. :D

thanks
sahil

HI DENT_IST!
nice to see that u r really planning to combined study! :thumbup:
n starting it tomorrow,pritty fastttttttt,good :wow:
i ll read both the topics n ll be online tomorrow. :)
my id is
[email protected]
pl add me in ur friend list. :D

thanks
sahil[/QUOTE]

hi sahil !
welcome to our study group!
i add u in my yahoo mes .
bye n study :luck: :luck: :luck:

rags182 said:
hi rags182!
WE ARE READY :thumbup:

hi rag !
i came to know @ u from bikki!
my yahoo id is
[email protected]

see yaa :thumbup:

sahil@sdn said:
hi rag !
i came to know @ u from bikki!
my yahoo id is
[email protected]

see yaa :thumbup:

hi rags!
i came to know @ u from dent_ist(from bikki) ;) :p
my id is
[email protected]

n dentist's id is
[email protected]

one more time i apologise for the above mistake. basically its computer mistake ,i was writing n this thing happened ,+pissed+
pl don't get angry specially bikki n dent_ist :mad:
well i think now we r a nice friend group n study group too,so u can excuse me

regards
sahil

hai everyone
its nice u people stared so early. even i wanna join u people.
i started yesterday with my anatomic sciences. but iam not able to do much.
hey i have a doubt regarding kaplan notes.
is the notes which we r all referring same or different?is there any year wise edition or something like that. i really dont know the one which iam following is the right one. can anyone plz help me out.
and for combined studies u people decided 2oclock . ca u plz tell the time for me.i live in campbell, california.
and my id is [email protected]
ok bye
thankx
anu

dent_ist said:
Hi everyone !!!!

dranuusa said:
hai
ok
bye
thankx
anu

hi anu even im giving ndbe 1 in dec , i would like to join in combine study pls send me mail and phone no , my mail is [email protected], i am in bay area also

sahil@sdn said:
hi rags!
my id is
[email protected]

n dentist's id is
[email protected]

one more time i apologise for the above mistake. basically its computer mistake ,i was writing n this thing happened ,+pissed+

regards
sahil[/Quote)
H sahil,
iks ok :D .well it keeps happening with all of us some or the other time :scared: .
well bikki mentioned about u guys.hey, what had happened u did not come?
(i am refering day before yesterday :oops: )
i will be meeting u guys soon. :thumbup:
let us study n sail through
rags

Hi people,
I just took the CBT part 1 two weeks ago i posted my expereince in another thread so i just thought I would post it here as well so u guys can read it it might help and it might not just though ti would post it again here so here it is...

CBT questions answered and a lot more!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone i'm back finally to a computer i can use for free

Ok it' looks like everyone has pretty much the same question and it's about time...let me try to break it down for u all

1. U have to do the sections in order, 1. anatomy, 2. biochem/physio 3. micro, path,4. DA...no if's and's or but's about it...that's the order and u CANNOT choose to do anthoer section first or second u must go in that order.

2. If u have time left over when u are done with a section u can review any marked question, any unanswered questions, or all of any question in THAT section that u wish to go over. When u finsihs a section there will be a screen that shows the numbers 1-100 representing the question numbers and next to those numbers the questions that u have marked will say "marked" and theones u have unanswered will say "unanswered" u can choose to go over those ones...or any other ones that u wish EVEN IF THEY are not marked or unanswered and U CAN change ure answer then if you wish.

3. About the lunch break, it comes after u finish the biochem section. Let me expalin how the time runs out.. at the top corner of the screen each section will have a clock that counts down from 1:45 and hits 0 when ure time is over. U can choose to use the entire 1:45 minutes or if u wish and u are satisfied with cehcking over u can tell the computer u are donw tihe section and u can move onto the next section.. U NEED NOT wait for the time to finish before moving on. So theoretically u could finish the biochem section say with 30 minutes still remainng and go on ure lunch break and let that 30 minutes wind down without telling the computer u are done with teh section...then by default when the time runs out it will move u into the lunch break and a 1:00 hour counter will start so you could in fact make ure lunch break longer than 1 hour if u have time left.

4. I finisished the test in about 4:45 minutes. I took 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes to finish each section and then i eneded the section adn moved onto the next. I did not wait for the time to finish on its' own. I only took a 30 minute lunch break as I was HIGH A KITE on caffene!!! and wanted to get back to my test before my caffene high crashed! By the way it's a great way to boost ure mind before u exams start....

Eat a half a bar of DARK CHOCOLATE fifteen mintues before ure exam starts.. The dark chocoalate really stimulates teh brain and helps u concentrate more.. It' sa trick that people use when they are nervous and have to go in for job interviews and such and it really does work. And go easy on teh carbs at lunch time..eating a heavy lunch laden with simple carbs will make u brain sluggish and less effeicent...i took a sandwich that I got from teh deli which was roasted turkey on whole grain bread adn had a glass of orange juice and i sufficed nicely...Sorry i'm giving out all the health tips but i'm a bit of a fitness freak!!!

So I hope that answers all ure timing and lunch questions people..i know i wrote a lot and i hope it's understandable..if u still dont understand and ure in teh US pm me and i'll give u my cell number and u can call me and i'll explain anything that i can do to help.

Another thing...u are supposed to reach ure exam half an hour before they give u some papers to fill otu and they gave me a little locker to keep my books and food and stuff in. U can use the bathroom at any time u wish and as many tiems as u wish just keep in mind ure time will conitinue to click away...I honestly dont think that any of u should be pressed for time If u ahve studied well the u will either know the question or u wont. They were very few questions that actually requried a lot of applying ure knowledge they were pretty straight foward except for about 10 questions in each section.

SOME QUESTIONS I REMEMBER....

keep in mind these are pretty much waht the question asked but not exactly as how it was written..

1. The mandiublar condyle is covered with ....

a. Elastic tissue
b. Hyanline
c. Periostium
d. Collagenous tissue

Now as all of you who have done the decks know that the articulating surfaces of the TMJ are always coverd in a fibrocartlidge...sot his quetion really bummed me out as they asked it in such a tricky way that it had not been asked before.....

2. What syndrome is characterized by, increased succeptibility to infection, retinal something ( i dont remember what it said).

A. Gardner sydrome
B. Hypothyrodism
C. Hypopitutaryism
D. Hyperthyrodism....

I may just be begin stupid but i dont rmeember reading anywhere that any of those cause increased succeptibility to infection.. DO THEY? possibly hypothyroidism?

3. What characterizes Albers-Jeheurs syndrome?

I dont remember the choices but i NEVER heard of this syndrome!!!! it's just one of those stupid questions they put in there...

Let me put it this way...there WILL Be about 15 or so questions in each section that you will probably have NO IDEA what to answer that's just how it goes..and i't s good possiblity that it wont be those questions that i Just put up there...they put those questions in to seperate the 90's from the 99's i suppose...

Ok guys post if u have any other ideas , thoughts, or opinions...those of u who are still reading this post that is!!!!!!
Take care
Khurram

I"m sorry guys i dont rmeebe many other ones right now i wil post some more later...This has become a LONG post!!!

Khurram said:
Hi people,
I just took the CBT part 1 two weeks ago i posted my expereince in another thread so i just thought I would post it here as well so u guys can read it it might help and it might not just though ti would post it again here so here it is..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok it' looks like everyone has pretty much the same question and it's about time...let me try to break it down for u all

1. U have to do the sections in order, 1. anatomy, 2. biochem/physio 3. micro, path,4. DA...no if's and's or but's about it...that's the order and u CANNOT choose to do anthoer section first or second u must go in that order.

2. If u have time left over when u are done with a section u can review any marked question, any unanswered questions, or all of any question in THAT section that u wish to go over. When u finsihs a section there will be a screen that shows the numbers 1-100 representing the question numbers and next to those numbers the questions that u have marked will say "marked" and theones u have unanswered will say "unanswered" u can choose to go over those ones...or any other ones that u wish EVEN IF THEY are not marked or unanswered and U CAN change ure answer then if you wish.

3. About the lunch break, it comes after u finish the biochem section. Let me expalin how the time runs out.. at the top corner of the screen each section will have a clock that counts down from 1:45 and hits 0 when ure time is over. U can choose to use the entire 1:45 minutes or if u wish and u are satisfied with cehcking over u can tell the computer u are donw tihe section and u can move onto the next section.. U NEED NOT wait for the time to finish before moving on. So theoretically u could finish the biochem section say with 30 minutes still remainng and go on ure lunch break and let that 30 minutes wind down without telling the computer u are done with teh section...then by default when the time runs out it will move u into the lunch break and a 1:00 hour counter will start so you could in fact make ure lunch break longer than 1 hour if u have time left.

4. I finisished the test in about 4:45 minutes. I took 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes to finish each section and then i eneded the section adn moved onto the next. I did not wait for the time to finish on its' own. I only took a 30 minute lunch break as I was HIGH A KITE on caffene!!! and wanted to get back to my test before my caffene high crashed! By the way it's a great way to boost ure mind before u exams start....

Eat a half a bar of DARK CHOCOLATE fifteen mintues before ure exam starts.. The dark chocoalate really stimulates teh brain and helps u concentrate more.. It' sa trick that people use when they are nervous and have to go in for job interviews and such and it really does work. And go easy on teh carbs at lunch time..eating a heavy lunch laden with simple carbs will make u brain sluggish and less effeicent...i took a sandwich that I got from teh deli which was roasted turkey on whole grain bread adn had a glass of orange juice and i sufficed nicely...Sorry i'm giving out all the health tips but i'm a bit of a fitness freak!!!

So I hope that answers all ure timing and lunch questions people..i know i wrote a lot and i hope it's understandable..if u still dont understand and ure in teh US pm me and i'll give u my cell number and u can call me and i'll explain anything that i can do to help.

Another thing...u are supposed to reach ure exam half an hour before they give u some papers to fill otu and they gave me a little locker to keep my books and food and stuff in. U can use the bathroom at any time u wish and as many tiems as u wish just keep in mind ure time will conitinue to click away...I honestly dont think that any of u should be pressed for time If u ahve studied well the u will either know the question or u wont. They were very few questions that actually requried a lot of applying ure knowledge they were pretty straight foward except for about 10 questions in each section.

keep in mind these are pretty much waht the question asked but not exactly as how it was written..

a. Elastic tissue
b. Hyanline
c. Periostium
d. Collagenous tissue

Now as all of you who have done the decks know that the articulating surfaces of the TMJ are always coverd in a fibrocartlidge...sot his quetion really bummed me out as they asked it in such a tricky way that it had not been asked before.....

2. What syndrome is characterized by, increased succeptibility to infection, retinal something ( i dont remember what it said).

A. Gardner sydrome
B. Hypothyrodism
C. Hypopitutaryism
D. Hyperthyrodism....

I may just be begin stupid but i dont rmeember reading anywhere that any of those cause increased succeptibility to infection.. DO THEY? possibly hypothyroidism?

I dont remember the choices but i NEVER heard of this syndrome!!!! it's just one of those stupid questions they put in there...

Let me put it this way...there WILL Be about 15 or so questions in each section that you will probably have NO IDEA what to answer that's just how it goes..and i't s good possiblity that it wont be those questions that i Just put up there...they put those questions in to seperate the 90's from the 99's i suppose...

Ok guys post if u have any other ideas , thoughts, or opinions...those of u who are still reading this post that is!!!!!!
Take care
Khurram

I"m sorry guys i dont rmeebe many other ones right now i wil post some more later...This has become a LONG post!!!

THANKS A BILLION, KHURRAM!
its really so nice of u, :love:
i m also planning to take CBT in NOV.
will u tell us something @ how prepared urself for exams?
how many reading u give to kapalan,DD,Qpapers?
n which other books u referd?

GOOD LUCK FOR UR RESULT :luck:

thanx in advance
dent_ist

SHRI said:
hi anu even im giving ndbe 1 in dec , i would like to join in combine study pls send me mail and phone no , my mail is [email protected], i am in bay area also

Hi shri!
welcome to SDN......... :thumbup:

sahil@sdn said:
hi rags!
my id is
[email protected]

n dentist's id is
[email protected]

regards
sahil

THATS OK,SAHIL! :laugh:
NO PROBS...........................

dent_ist said:
THANKS A BILLION, KHURRAM!
its really so nice of u, :love:
i m also planning to take CBT in NOV.
will u tell us something @ how prepared urself for exams?
how many reading u give to kapalan,DD,Qpapers?
n which other books u referd?

GOOD LUCK FOR UR RESULT :luck:

thanx in advance
dent_ist

Hey everyone here's a quick overview of how i studied for the exam

about 3 months I did

I did 80 cards a day (20 from each subject) and i did one complete old released exam as well per day...By doing 80 cards i mean not just the question on the front(cuz that will never come on teh exam) but the detailed explanation on the back (that's where the majority of the questions come from they could pick any line from the back of the cards and make them into a question)
I didn't really pay atten tion to how many hours i did per day nor did i make sure that i did a certain amount of hours..i just made sure i did my quota for the day some days it took me 3-4 hours and other days it took me 8-9 hours..so thats' how it went...

I ONLY used kaplan for dental anatomy as it is very high yield question wise. I didn't even touch the other kaplans...and my basic science knowledge was average at best...so u can see how much trust and faith i put into the decks..i honestly feel they can teach u everything u need to know for the exam. I dont think kaplan is neccesary except for DA...but then again we'll see how good my logic is when i get my results!!! :D
Good luck
Khurram

Khurram said:
Hey everyone here's a quick overview of how i studied for the exam

about 3 months I did

I did 80 cards a day (20 from each subject) and i did one complete old released exam as well per day...By doing 80 cards i mean not just the question on the front(cuz that will never come on teh exam) but the detailed explanation on the back (that's where the majority of the questions come from they could pick any line from the back of the cards and make them into a question)
I didn't really pay atten tion to how many hours i did per day nor did i make sure that i did a certain amount of hours..i just made sure i did my quota for the day some days it took me 3-4 hours and other days it took me 8-9 hours..so thats' how it went...

I ONLY used kaplan for dental anatomy as it is very high yield question wise. I didn't even touch the other kaplans...and my basic science knowledge was average at best...so u can see how much trust and faith i put into the decks..i honestly feel they can teach u everything u need to know for the exam. I dont think kaplan is neccesary except for DA...but then again we'll see how good my logic is when i get my results!!! :D
Good luck
Khurram

hi khurram!
thanks! :thumbup:
how many times u revise DD?
n how many times u solve QP?

by the way i m very much sure u ll get a nice score,as u are helping lots of people by guiding them, :luck:
God bless u!

bye
dent_ist

I went over the decks about three times completely and then I went over some stuff extra (nerve supply, blood supply, bones, veins, heart...mostly anatomy)

I must have gone over all the questions papers (i think there are 12 in total) at least 8 times a piece...I knew about 95% of those questions by heart.

dent_ist said:
hi khurram!
thanks! :thumbup:
how many times u revise DD?
n how many times u solve QP?

by the way i m very much sure u ll get a nice score,as u are helping lots of people by guiding them, :luck:
God bless u!

bye
dent_ist
"I SECOND IT" :thumbup: :p :D

HEy Khurram,
thanks a lot for the valuable info.
I hope i put it into good use ! Really nice of u to come to this thread and share your experiences with us.
All the best ! :luck:
Bikki

Hi: I am planning to take nbde part 1 in dec.I am looking for a partner to study.Well I am in the initial stages of preparation and would like to get gudance on which book to study.I feel very stressed as i get very less time to study.Its good to have a study partner which will speed up the preparation.

Khurram said:
I went over the decks about three times completely and then I went over some stuff extra (nerve supply, blood supply, bones, veins, heart...mostly anatomy)

I must have gone over all the questions papers (i think there are 12 in total) at least 8 times a piece...I knew about 95% of those questions by heart.

How much time u gave to solve each QP?
lots of people says they required one complete day to solve one paper from one subjects only,is it true in ur case?
n one more thing,i tried solving one paper my score was very poor in that say @30-35.......was that happened in ur case in the beginning?

dent_ist

dent_ist said:
THATS OK,SAHIL! :laugh:
NO PROBS...........................

thanks a lot dent_ ist,
i wanted to ask one more thing @whichi mailed u n i tried to add in the khurrams post,but i wrote ur name n stop there so it looks like its ur post :laugh:
dent_ist pl check out ur PM,N e mails
sorry to khurram n dent_ist... :laugh:

sahil

ree said:
Hi: I am planning to take nbde part 1 in dec.I am looking for a partner to study.Well I am in the initial stages of preparation and would like to get gudance on which book to study.I feel very stressed as i get very less time to study.Its good to have a study partner which will speed up the preparation.

HI REE!
nothing to worry @ it! slowly slowly u also star reading!
for NBDE part1 we need Dental decks,Kaplan n NBDE question papers thats it,
these r the things i m using,
u can mail one of us as we r studing combine,

sorry in advance if i made any mistake,coz i keep on doing that during posting something,(as i m handaling computer since 10 days ) :(

sahil

sahil@sdn said:
lots of people says they required one complete day to solve one paper from one subjects only,is it true in ur case?
n one more thing,i tried solving one paper my score was very poor in that say @30-35.......was that happened in ur case in the beginning?

dent_ist

Hi,
I would say the very first time i did the papers it took me proabably about four-four and a half hours to go thru one test..but after doing them a few times i could breeze thru one of those tests in about 1 hour -1 and a half hours..but bear in mind by that time i knew most of the questions by heart i could read the first word of the question adn alredy know what the answer is so i could answer 5-6 questions a minute..but tha'ts whne i got really good with the old exams...

As far as how i did on the old exams...i would say the very first time i took them wihtout studying any decks or antyhing i got about 50 or so right in each subject...then after doing the decks thourouglhy i scored about 70-75 correct in each subject (except dental anatomy where i usually got about 85 right)...this is before i memoriezed all the old tests questoins.

sahil@sdn said:

dent_ist

Also bear in mind that fact that I'm a bit quick when answering the tests...I just took the CBT last friday and i finished the entire exam in about 4 hours..so comparatively that is pretty fast cuz they give u about 7 hours to do it...so there is more than enuf time to complete it.

Khurram said:
Hi,
then after doing the decks thourouglhy i scored about 70-75 correct in each subject (except dental anatomy where i usually got about 85 right)...this is before i memoriezed all the old tests questoins.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
You rock :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Khurram said:
Hi,
I would say the very first time i did the papers it took me proabably about four-four and a half hours to go thru one test..but after doing them a few times i could breeze thru one of those tests in about 1 hour -1 and a half hours..but bear in mind by that time i knew most of the questions by heart i could read the first word of the question adn alredy know what the answer is so i could answer 5-6 questions a minute..but tha'ts whne i got really good with the old exams...

As far as how i did on the old exams...i would say the very first time i took them wihtout studying any decks or antyhing i got about 50 or so right in each subject...then after doing the decks thourouglhy i scored about 70-75 correct in each subject (except dental anatomy where i usually got about 85 right)...this is before i memoriezed all the old tests questoins.

how much time u take to solve n read the explanations of one QP?

dent_ist said:
how much time u take to solve n read the explanations of one QP?

I never had the explanations for the QP's just the tests themselves...questions that i didnt' understand i just looked up...but u'll find almost every question that has been asked in the QP's somewhere in the decks

a question :cool:

from gossopharyngeal nerve which root passes to otic ganglon
1)parasympathetic
2)sympathetic

while answering please mention the referral book'name too

Gray's version :(

The fibers from the glossopharyngeal which pass to the otic ganglion in the small superficial petrosal are supposed to be sympathetic efferent (preganglionic) fibers from the dorsal nucleus or inferior salivatory nucleus of the medulla. Fibers (postganglionic) from the otic ganglion with which these form synapses are supposed to pass with the auriculotemporal nerve to the parotid gland. A slender filament (sphenoidal) ascends from it to the nerve of the Pterygoid canal, and a small branch connects it with the chorda tympani.

Bikki said:
Hi,
iam taking the NBDe part 1 in december too. Anybody living in US and writing the NBDE? I live in California and want a study partner to discuss .....anyone interested can mail me at
[email protected]
hi,Itoo am taking part 1 in dec. Iam in NY.We can share our views .Is it true that there is some change in the exam pattern n how diff is the new decks from 2001 decks .Ihave 20001 edt .

Khurram said:
Also bear in mind that fact that I'm a bit quick when answering the tests...I just took the CBT last friday and i finished the entire exam in about 4 hours..so comparatively that is pretty fast cuz they give u about 7 hours to do it...so there is more than enuf time to complete it.
Hi, Iam new to SDN.plz guide me as i am to take my nbde part 1 in Dec n i came to know that there is some change in the exam pattern .Since u have just taken ur test so can u tell me as to whether there is really some change in the pattern.Iam following decks 2001 ,papers n kaplan 2001.Is that sufficient.

Khurram said:
Hi people,
I just took the CBT part 1 two weeks ago i posted my expereince in another thread so i just thought I would post it here as well so u guys can read it it might help and it might not just though ti would post it again here so here it is...

Hi ,Thanks a lot for ur guidance .Iam planning for part 1 in dec .Ihave 2001 decks .kaplan n papers .is that sufficient .plz help us by rep these questions.
sunita--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a. Elastic tissue
b. Hyanline
c. Periostium
d. Collagenous tissue

A. Gardner sydrome
B. Hypothyrodism
C. Hypopitutaryism
D. Hyperthyrodism....

Take care
Khurram

DentalDream said:
Hi everybody,
I am new to sdn,and i am retaking part1,and i am taking it after a year,so its been a while since i touched my books,and i am planning to take it in september CBT,i do have kaplan notes 2003,and dental deck 2001 edition.
after reading all these other threads,i assume there is a change of pattern or some advancements in the exam as well in the deck.
so i have a question that shall i get 2004 dental deck or i am fine with 2001 deck only?
any kind of feed back will be highly appreciated.
and anybody wants to be a study partner or looking for someone to discuss and study,plz count me in.

Iam new to sdn n i have the same question .Ihave 2001 decks n 2001 kaplan .Kindly guide if u have soime latest information .