Need a little help with my school list. decent MCAT good GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curioussssgeorge

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just got my MCAT score back 512 128/126/128/130 (a bit disappointed still) and I was wondering if anyone can help me with my list. I'm planning on taking a gap year and either doing medical interpreter or healthcare related job during that time. Any help/feedback would be appreciated for my list!

currently a senior attending a private university in the South
ORM Asian
Residence: GA
cGPA: 3.9 upward trend
sGPA:3.86

Research: 2+ years ~300 hours now working on an independent project senior year but no major publications. Could be a middle author but not really hopeful on that

Clinical experience: 1 year ~600 hours so far as a medical scribe . Planning to ask the MDs I work with for rec letters (hoping to receive one from the medical director of the ER)

Clinical volunteering: 3 years ~220 hours volunteering at a local medical center for 2 years and as a companion at hospice.

Nonclinical volunteering: 2 years ~50 hours volunteering at meals on wheels and at a local highschool helping out underserved immigrant families with college applications. This will be the area I'm focused on increasing the hours for the remainder of my time as an undergraduate.

Leadership: 1 semester of biology lab TA before the pandemic

I'm also planning to retake the MCAT but after reading many discussions on here and MCAT reddit, I'm not sure if that would be a wise decision since I can't promise I can improve by 8 points back to my FL average. Any advice on this is appreciated as well.

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need to retake the MCAT. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Emory
NOVA MD
Miami
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown