new International dental program in Indiana U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmx89591277

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
heard from one of my friend:

new International dental program in Indiana University school of dentistry, first IDP enrollment cohort of up to 12 IDP-DDS candidates for next summer on July 1, 2013. the director for this program was Dr. Melanie Peterson. but you cannot google any information from internet.

people who are interested in it, may send email to Dr. Melanie Peterson.

good luck for your guys

Members don't see this ad.

it is a totally new program.

best way is to send email to Dr. Melanie Peterson.

is it for non green card holders/citizens too? any clue? and is part 1 and 2 both required or just part 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
it is a totally new program.

best way is to send email to Dr. Melanie Peterson.

but what is her email address..please share if you know, I searched it on their but didnt find it..
thanks

new International dental program in Indiana University school of dentistry, first IDP enrollment cohort of up to 12 IDP-DDS candidates for next summer on July 1, 2013. the director for this program was Dr. Melanie Peterson. but you cannot google any information from internet.

good luck for your guys

So u didn't find her email..but found the phone number! Its not a problem I'm gonna call her ..but isn't past their deadline now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

good luck for your guys

Hello fmx89591277,
thank you for the information.
Even I've searched the site and i couldn't find the email id. May i know the program deadline and number of seats offered?

Contact

Phone: (317) 274-8173
Fax: (317) 278-9066
Email: [email protected]
Student Records and
Admissions Office
1121 W Michigan Street, DS 105
Indianapolis, IN 46202

Hello fmx89591277,
thank you for the information.
Even I've searched the site and i couldn't find the email id. May i know the program deadline and number of seats offered?

One of my friends called them on friday and asked about the program.
This is what they said:
"We are starting the International program from July 2013, There are still some details to be finalized. We will update our website and CAAPID by next week. Interested candidates can apply thereafter."
(Not exactly the in same words)

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for your information.

One of my friends called them on friday and asked about the program.
This is what they said:
"We are starting the International program from July 2013, There are still some details to be finalized. We will update our website and CAAPID by next week. Interested candidates can apply thereafter."
(Not exactly the in same words)

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/Indiana University.pdf

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/CAAPIDDirectory.aspx

Contact Information
Dr. Melanie Peterson
Indiana University School of Dentistry
Admissions and Student Affairs
1121 West Michigan Street, Room 105
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Telephone: 317-274-5117
Fax: 317-278-9066
Program Details
Length of Program: Minimum 24 months
Program Deadline: NA
Start Date: July 2013
Class Size: 12
Degree Awarded: DDS
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
 Must be proficient in the English language.
 Only applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL
 Accept Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) scores only
 Must submit original TOEFL score report directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
 TOEFL Minmum score of 90 (IBT). Preference given to candidate with scores as follows
Writing: Greater than or = 22
Speaking: Greater than or = 22
Listening: Greater than or = 20
Reading: Greater than or = 19
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
 Program requires passage of NBDE Parts I to be considered for admission
 Part II NBDE Not Required: Highest consideration given to candidates who have taken and passed it.
 Submit official NBDE Scores to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting application.
Letter of Evaluation
 Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
 Must be:
Written in English, or translated by qualified U.S. Translator
Written within 12 months of application submission
Written by Dean, Associate Dean, department chair, faculty member from former dental school
At least on letter should be written by a dental professional who has worked with the candidate within the last 12 months.
Transcripts and Evaluations
 Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by either ECE
 If admitted, program will require official transcripts to be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
Application Fees
 Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting application
 $60.00 Application Fee
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID), only if requested
 Supplemental application available on website http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/prospective-students/admissions/
 Send 2x2 photograph to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
 Send mark sheets directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) when submitting ADEA CAAPID application

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Documents/Indiana University.pdf

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/CAAPIDDirectory.aspx

Contact Information
Dr. Melanie Peterson
Admissions and Student Affairs
1121 West Michigan Street, Room 105
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Telephone: 317-274-5117
Fax: 317-278-9066
Program Details
Length of Program: Minimum 24 months
Program Deadline: NA
Start Date: July 2013
Class Size: 12
Degree Awarded: DDS
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
 Must be proficient in the English language.
 Only applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL
 Accept Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) scores only
 Must submit original TOEFL score report directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
 TOEFL Minmum score of 90 (IBT). Preference given to candidate with scores as follows
Writing: Greater than or = 22
Speaking: Greater than or = 22
Listening: Greater than or = 20
Reading: Greater than or = 19
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
 Program requires passage of NBDE Parts I to be considered for admission
 Part II NBDE Not Required: Highest consideration given to candidates who have taken and passed it.
 Submit official NBDE Scores to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting application.
Letter of Evaluation
 Program accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
 Must be:
Written in English, or translated by qualified U.S. Translator
Written within 12 months of application submission
Written by Dean, Associate Dean, department chair, faculty member from former dental school
At least on letter should be written by a dental professional who has worked with the candidate within the last 12 months.
Transcripts and Evaluations
 Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by either ECE
 If admitted, program will require official transcripts to be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
Application Fees
 Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting application
 $60.00 Application Fee
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID), only if requested
 Supplemental application available on website http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/prospective-students/admissions/
 Send 2x2 photograph to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
 Send mark sheets directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) when submitting ADEA CAAPID application

YES they updated caapid but not yet their website about idp, am i right??

So is the preference still given to Indiana residents ?? Coz I check CAAPID and it doesn't say anything regarding this !!!

since it did not say anything about indiana resident. most probably it is open to everyone.

just forget that old link (2009) for school faculty program.

So is the preference still given to Indiana residents ?? Coz I check CAAPID and it doesn't say anything regarding this !!!

since it did not say anything about indiana resident. most probably it is open to everyone.

just forget that old link (2009) for school faculty program.

Dr.Rola

Admission guidelines will be determined primarily by the credentials/qualifications of each candidate rather than residency status. We are in the process of collating all information and hope to have it posted on our website very soon.  Your name will be added to a list and you will be contacted when the information is posted.  The program is open to non-Indiana and non-U.S. citizens.  There will be an interview after the CAAPID and an internal application process are completed.  Selected candidates will then be invited for a 4 week assessment, including bench test, that will determine 1). Whether the candidate will be accepted into the program and 2). Placement within the program if accepted.  The assessment will likely take place in the spring contingent upon when the application process is completed. 

I do apologize for the delay in posting on our website and thank you for your interest in our program.

Regards,
Melanie Peterson

I emailed the lady yesterday and she replied with what I have just posted above ..good luck

I emailed the lady yesterday and she replied with what I have just posted above ..good luck

hey rola wats the deadline??

hey rola wats the deadline??

Its not mentioned on CAAPID or their website ..as she said they will update their website soon. If I get any info I will notify u guys.

Its not mentioned on CAAPID or their website ..as she said they will update their website soon. If I get any info I will notify u guys.

thanks rola..goodluck..:)

Ladies and gentlemen,
                Because of some technical difficulties, we have not yet launched the supplemental application for the Indiana University International Dentist Program, which will be available online as soon as possible.  Please be assured that as soon as that website and link are available, you will receive an email with the information.  I trust all of your questions will be answered at that time.

Michele D. Farris
Administrative Assistant for the Assistant Dean
For Admissions and Student Affairs
1121 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN  46202
Telephone:    317-274-5117

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are private and may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use, copy or disseminate this information.  Please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete.

Ladies and gentlemen,
*************** Because of some technical difficulties, we have not yet launched the supplemental application for the Indiana University International Dentist Program, which will be available online as soon as possible.* Please be assured that as soon as that website and link are available, you will receive an email with the information.* I trust all of your questions will be answered at that time.
Michele D. Farris
1121 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN* 46202
Telephone:*** 317-274-5117
NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are private and may contain confidential and privileged information.* If you are not the intended recipient, do not use, copy or disseminate this information.* Please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete.

rola doing good job..:thumbup:

Ladies and gentlemen,
*************** Because of some technical difficulties, we have not yet launched the supplemental application for the Indiana University International Dentist Program, which will be available online as soon as possible.* Please be assured that as soon as that website and link are available, you will receive an email with the information.* I trust all of your questions will be answered at that time.
Michele D. Farris
1121 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN* 46202
NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are private and may contain confidential and privileged information.* If you are not the intended recipient, do not use, copy or disseminate this information.* Please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete.

hey rola..have you applied i.e submitted your caapid application to Indiana or still waiting for them to process the website info.??

Thanks Rola! So we can wait till we send in the supplemental application.

hey rola..have you applied i.e submitted your caapid application to Indiana or still waiting for them to process the website info.??

I'm gonna wait till they update everything

Thanks Rola! So we can wait till we send in the supplemental application.

Ur welcome ..u can wait and keep watching for the website and CAAPID update ..best of luck

Ladies and gentlemen,
Michele D. Farris
1121 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN* 46202

thank you rola! i added indiana as a school yesterday on caapid just so i can be in the loop. i will update sdn when i get some info.

thank you rola! i added indiana as a school yesterday on caapid just so i can be in the loop. i will update sdn when i get some info.

:thumbup: bravo

Dr.Rola

Admission guidelines will be determined primarily by the credentials/qualifications of each candidate rather than residency status. We are in the process of collating all information and hope to have it posted on our website very soon.* Your name will be added to a list and you will be contacted when the information is posted.* The program is open to non-Indiana and non-U.S. citizens.* There will be an interview after the CAAPID and an internal application process are completed.* Selected candidates will then be invited for a 4 week assessment, including bench test, that will determine 1). Whether the candidate will be accepted into the program and 2). Placement within the program if accepted.* The assessment will likely take place in the spring contingent upon when the application process is completed.*

I do apologize for the delay in posting on our website and thank you for your interest in our program.

Regards,
Melanie Peterson

A 4week assessment ????Do they mean that they will inform the candidates in a 4 week time period??? Is that what they mean by a 4 week assessment period???

hahaha 4 weeks nice !! i am out of here

Dr.Rola

Admission guidelines will be determined primarily by the credentials/qualifications of each candidate rather than residency status. We are in the process of collating all information and hope to have it posted on our website very soon.* Your name will be added to a list and you will be contacted when the information is posted.* The program is open to non-Indiana and non-U.S. citizens.* There will be an interview after the CAAPID and an internal application process are completed.* Selected candidates will then be invited for a 4 week assessment, including bench test, that will determine 1). Whether the candidate will be accepted into the program and 2). Placement within the program if accepted.* The assessment will likely take place in the spring contingent upon when the application process is completed.*

Regards,
Melanie Peterson

A 4week assessment ????Do they mean that they will inform the candidates in a 4 week time period??? Is that what they mean by a 4 week assessment period???

4 weeks seems like a slightly unreasonable time. i am assuming that all the assessment will take place over a 4 week period, like maybe one or two batches per week. for 4 weeks. i don't think any university has the time or resources to have a 4 week assessment just for one candidate. so hopefully, we will get some clarification soon!

4 weeks seems like a slightly unreasonable time. i am assuming that all the assessment will take place over a 4 week period, like maybe one or two batches per week. for 4 weeks. i don't think any university has the time or resources to have a 4 week assessment just for one candidate. so hopefully, we will get some clarification soon!

Yeah its not clear yet..let's wait

True! They probably mean they ll assess the credentials in 4 weeks and then call people over finally for interviews to decide on them !! Lets wait n watch ..

True! They probably mean they ll assess the credentials in 4 weeks and then call people over finally for interviews to decide on them !! Lets wait n watch ..

They will invite candidates to a 4 week assessment in which they will see your skills and how you work for 4 weeks at their University, then accept candidates into the program based on that. It's kind of like VCU.

They will invite candidates to a 4 week assessment in which they will see your skills and how you work for 4 weeks at their University, then accept candidates into the program based on that. It's kind of like VCU.

YES you need to spend 1 month there and to show them your wonderful and magnificient hand and communication skills to persuade the faculty members and grab your spot!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen,
                I'm afraid our website is still not active.  It will be at least next week before the information is available.
                We apologize for the delay.  Thank you for being patient.

Michele D. Farris
1121 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN  46202
Telephone:    317-274-5117

I got this email today

Ladies and Gentlemen,
                With the upcoming holiday, it is apparent that we will not have the website up this week.  We are getting much closer and are very hopeful that we will have it up late Monday or early Tuesday.  We do appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. 

Just now!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
With the upcoming holiday, it is apparent that we will not have the website up this week. We are getting much closer and are very hopeful that we will have it up late Monday or early Tuesday. We do appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay.

Just now!

Nice job Rola ! Thanks for keepin people posted...

any update from indiana univ????

any update from indiana univ????

After u apply if ur invited for an interview and u do well ..they invite u for The 4 week assessment course which is for 8,000$ !
Then they decide if ur good enough to be accepted or NOT ! :eek:

After u apply if ur invited for an interview and u do well ..they invite u for The 4 week assessment course which is for 8,000$ !
Then they decide if ur good enough to be accepted or NOT ! :eek:

:laugh:..WTF.......8000$:eek:.......extreme....!!i think this year must have been a golden year for all dental schools.......since every1 applied everywhere in the race to get in just coz this ****pass/fail rule.........we are suffering so much......!!!!!!........Thanks rola........for the information...goodluck...:)....hope we get somewhere before this disastrous option!!!!

Looks like they give preference to us citizen or gc holder..sucks!