New Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

selldrugs22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, the new mcat scores range from 472-528. Is it safe to assume that with pod schools (whose old mcat average of 23-24-below 50th percentile) a 500 on new Mcat will almost guarentee admission with an average gpa? Also I know it shouldn't matter but would being a liberal arts degree mean my chances should be a bit lower with schools maybe preferring science majors and looking down upon non-science majors?

Thanks guys just super nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

As for your MCAT question, that's probably a safe assumption. I wouldn't be concerned about not having a science degree. They only care about the classes that you took. You will not be judged on your major, only the types of classes you took. I know that during my interview, we only discussed what classes I took rather than my major.

Schools do not have a preference for math and science degrees over liberal arts ones. Whoever says non-science majors are looked down upon are giving unsound advice. My major came up once throughout my seven interviews, and that was only because the interviewer was a fellow neuroscientist.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Shouldn't you be taking the PCAT instead?

Reactions: 1 user
A 500 MCAT and a GPA at or above 3.0, along with some shadowing experience is sufficient.