New RFU program vs. old AP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lemonhead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a frequent visitor, but 1st time poster. I have a question for all of you.

A few months ago, I heard that the new program at RFU had many changes that were unappealling to potential applicants.
Now that attitude has really changed, it seems like many of us are still interested. I checked the official website, and I think the changes weren't too bad.

Some of my observations:
Students still take classes with the med students.
Students are guaranteed an interview for CMS, but not an acceptance.

Tuition still high

Can we add to this list?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Lemonhead said:
Hi, I'm a frequent visitor, but 1st time poster. I have a question for all of you.

A few months ago, I heard that the new program at RFU had many changes that were unappealling to potential applicants.
Now that attitude has really changed, it seems like many of us are still interested. I checked the official website, and I think the changes weren't too bad.

Some of my observations:
Students still take classes with the med students.
Students are guaranteed an interview for CMS, but not an acceptance.

Tuition still high

Can we add to this list?

Thanks!

Supposedly (but dont quote me on any of this), this degree can actually be used outside of medicine. Furthermore, you can still get the degree even if you end up with less than a 3.0.

So are you guys interested in it? Are there any concerns?

I'm applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
i will still apply as a back up to georgetown. even though the guarantee is no longer there, it wont hurt your chances of getting into rfu med. if you end up with >3.75, i just cant see them denying you considering they were taking 3.0 students the year before.

I applied yesterday. How strict are they on the LORs being signed on the envelope seal? I used Interfolio for my LORs. I hope they don't turn them away.

markboonya said:
i will still apply as a back up to georgetown. even though the guarantee is no longer there, it wont hurt your chances of getting into rfu med. if you end up with >3.75, i just cant see them denying you considering they were taking 3.0 students the year before.

quoted for truth