New York written and compounding exam (wet lab)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

provigil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are the materials required to prepare for the written and compounding exam for New York state.?

websites, resources, books to review, syllabus any information anyone has would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

The biggest help of the class was the practice web lab aspect, I'm glad I took it. But yeah, I can't believe the number of people who just want copies of the notes, that stuff wasn't cheap!

Was the practice lab similar to P2 lab? Easier/harder?

The notes didn't help very much. I legally purchased them and took the class for the January Exam. The errors and omissions was largely different from what was presented. Good luck with that.

I still can't believe people would want to share these notes for free.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello,
I want to get the NYS license also but I do not go to school in New York. Where can I find some more info on the process? Are there classes offered for students who study out of state? If someone is sending notes to everyone please include me on the list also...hehehe [email protected]
Another question is how is the economy in NY I wonder if it is even worth it to go back?
We did have a class in school that gave an over view so that might be helpful...not sure though

Hi I'm out of state and am planning to take the new york pharmacy exams. Could anyone please send me any notes please?

I'm especially worried about the wet lab and new york law exams.

Thank You!!!

Last edited:
This thread annoys the **** out of me. If you want to practice in new york state perhaps you should learn how to compound in school. If you didn't learn that perhaps you should invest the 200 dollars and take the review class for the sake of your patients instead of mooching.

Any recs which compounding course to take to prepare for the compounding exam guys ?

I am gonna be living in Manhattan, so rather not go to Buffulo.

I planned on taking Dr. Cutie's course in Brooklyn ( he seems very nice and assured me it's all I need to pass the exam).

But I am a bit nervous given how we get 0 compounding in school and am even open to take 2 classes if necessary. Any recs which classes to take to prepare for the wet lab portion ?

Please PM me if you can too.

Any recs which compounding course to take to prepare for the compounding exam guys ?

I planned on taking Dr. Cutie's course in Brooklyn ( he seems very nice and assured me it's all I need to pass the exam).

But I am a bit nervous given how we get 0 compounding in school and am even open to take 2 classes if necessary. Any recs which classes to take to prepare for the wet lab portion ?

You went to our school? Cool lol :). We scored the highest in compounding out of all the other NY schools in compounding this year.

Last edited:
You went to our school? Cool lol :). We scored the highest in compounding out of all the other NY schools in compounding this year.

I plan on going there, but I dunno if one 2 day class with Dr. Cutie is sufficient ?

Are there any other classes at other schools that you know off that I can take to prep myself ?

Please send me these notes everyone is begging for: pharmalt82-at-gmail-dot-com
or just SDN Inbox me.

Please send me these notes everyone is begging for: pharmalt82-at-gmail-dot-com
or just SDN Inbox me.

SRS ? Srs ? The thread is from 2006. Do you honestly think the original poster still has the notes and is going to send it you ? Lol. I'd be scared to use the notes that old anyway, who knows what could have changed.

SRS ? Srs ? The thread is from 2006. Do you honestly think the original poster still has the notes and is going to send it you ? Lol. I'd be scared to use the notes that old anyway, who knows what could have changed.

Didn't notice. Sorry officer.

Bumping up again: anyone know if St. John University offer a review course ? I keep looking online but all I find is Dr. Cutie or review at Buffalo.

is Dr. Cutie's review comprehensive enough to be sufficient for someone who's never done compounding before ?

Members don't see this ad :)

Wait, they didn't give you any IV compounding or any other compounding classes? Dr. Cutie's course is enough for the written part of the exam, but I think for the practical part, you need a lot of practice.

Wait, they didn't give you any IV compounding or any other compounding classes? Dr. Cutie's course is enough for the written part of the exam, but I think for the practical part, you need a lot of practice.

No we had 0 compounding at my pharmacy school. What about a buffalo course ? That looks like it's good for the beginners.

Yeah I'm going to take the elective in compounding next semester. I heard from a p6 his review is enough. Still in the IVs days.. :((((. I heard dr. Cutie is retiring....

Yeah I'm going to take the elective in compounding next semester. I heard from a p6 his review is enough. Still in the IVs days.. :((((. I heard dr. Cutie is retiring....

You guys are so lucky :)

Anyhow, given that you are a fellow NYCer, what cool things can I do in the city - it's my second day here and I am soooooooo bored.

No we had 0 compounding at my pharmacy school. What about a buffalo course ? That looks like it's good for the beginners.

Damn, that sucks. I don't know much about the Buffalo course though. There is a place called Town Total Health/Town Total Compounding where I did a compounding rotation. It's all the way out in Suffolk county (like exit 49 on the LIE). I dunno if he'd do it but I'd contact the owner Joe Navarra and ask him if he's able to take you on for a few weeks.

Student pharmacy interns, from accredited pharmacy schools nationwide, are provided a unique learning experience at Town Total Compounding Center. Pharmacy interns are able to prepare a variety of extemporaneous compounds and formulations, such as suspensions, capsules, creams, and suppositories in accordance to USP <795>. USP <795> defines the procedure to properly compound non-sterile products. Compounds are individualized to each patient’s needs through flavoring, dosage form modifications, and unit-dose packaging/dispensing. Students also learn how to prepare sterile products, such as IV admixtures, eye drops, and injectables, using aseptic technique. Students are instructed to adhere to the USP <797> guidelines, which is the gold standard for preparing sterile products. Interns are also directly integrated into the pharmacy workflow by billing and mailing medications to patients. Towards the end of the rotation, students are provided the opportunity to complete a mock board IV exam. Students are entrusted with many responsibilities, in order to get a full hands on experience in the world of compounding pharmacy.

Anyhow, given that you are a fellow NYCer, what cool things can I do in the city - it's my second day here and I am soooooooo bored.

I'm actually probably gonna head down to Greenwich Village (MacDougal/Bleeker) after I get out of the hospital at 11PM and get some food and then smoke hookah in Astoria. Some of the best frikkin food over there. Lemme know if you wanna go.

Oh oh! You go start by going to the statue of liberty. It's in manhattan wall street district.

That and times square. In fact our school just went to times square 2 days ago to promote vaccinations. Also our school just went to Albany day today and the p3 had their white coat ceremony today haha.

Central park would also be good. Most tourists make Chinatown and little Italy their first destination trip!

So I only know about manhattan since I live here all my life. Know nothing about Brooklyn even though I go to school there haha...

Oh oh! You go start by going to the statue of liberty. It's in manhattan wall street district.

That and times square. In fact our school just went to times square 2 days ago to promote vaccinations. Also our school just went to Albany day today and the p3 had their white coat ceremony today haha.

Central park would also be good. Most tourists make Chinatown and little Italy their first destination trip!

So I only know about manhattan since I live here all my life. Know nothing about Brooklyn even though I go to school there haha...

Way to suggest all the tourist locations. :rolleyes: