Northwestern Psych Rotation Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanouyez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I graduated from Northwestern a few years ago and thus I'm not sure if anything has changed. I had a great experience as a subI on inpatient child. I've also heard wonderful things about the ER psych attending (only met him in passing) and a general inpatient experience in the new inpatient adult unit would provide you with experience of how the program operates. My classmates weren't particularly fond of C/L and I recall (never worked on that service but ordered several consults) that they had NPs doing many of the consults.

I graduated from Northwestern a few years ago and thus I'm not sure if anything has changed. I had a great experience as a subI on inpatient child. I've also heard wonderful things about the ER psych attending (only met him in passing) and a general inpatient experience in the new inpatient adult unit would provide you with experience of how the program operates. My classmates weren't particularly fond of C/L and I recall (never worked on that service but ordered several consults) that they had NPs doing many of the consults.

NPs doing psych consults is an emerging trend and will likely expand. In big private systems this is already becoming the norm.

I think C-L services staffed by psychiatrists in academia will still be around because this service often serves a GME/teaching purpose.