Notre Dame of Maryland Univesity SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badboyz2005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to school for C/O 2017,just wondering if anyone else is applying here.

PharmCAS mailed: 08/08/12
Supplemental: Received supplemental invite on 08/28/12 and is working on it.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying too, need to finish supplemental applicatin as well.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

I'm applying too. I was gonna submit supplemental application, but it didn't let me submit. It says "No Application Terms Currently Available". Is this happen to all or just me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying too. I was gonna submit supplemental application, but it didn't let me submit. It says "No Application Terms Currently Available". Is this happen to all or just me?

That's weird, I plan on working on mine tomorrow, I'll repost on the topic if I receive the same error message. Maybe it could be due to the holiday but I don't think that would really make a difference.

I got the same message. I emailed Lawrence the adm director and he told me it has been fixed but I still get the same message.

I got the same message. I emailed Lawrence the adm director and he told me it has been fixed but I still get the same message.

- I completed the supplemental 9/7 with no problems.

Does anyone know when Notre Dame is sending the first batch of interview out?

I already submitted all the requirement including supplemental a month ago. Somehow, Pharmcas still not display anything about nortre dame school of pharmacy. is this happened to all?

I emailed the director awhile ago after I submitted my supplemental and he said that interview invites will be going out early October. Hope that helps :)

Has anyone receive anything from the school yet? just wondering

Hey guys, just got my interview invitation today via email. Looks like they started giving out invitations already, so keep an eye out for it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i am finishing my pharmcas application. what is the minimum pcat requirment? does anybody knows?

This was my first interview invitation! Got it a couple weeks ago and I'm scheduled for Nov. 13th. I am getting very excited! Anyone else going the same day?
btw, my GPA is 3.1 overall and 55th pcat percentile.

I'm applying to this school, just waiting for PharmCAS to mail out my application. What are peoples stats??? Mine is 3.2 overall GPA and 47 PCAT. I know I don't have the best stats but I'm really hoping for some good news!

This was my first interview invitation! Got it a couple weeks ago and I'm scheduled for Nov. 13th. I am getting very excited! Anyone else going the same day?

When did you apply/have your application complete?

i am finishing my pharmcas application. what is the minimum pcat requirment? does anybody knows?

I have been reading their website and researching online and could't find any information on this. I'm guessing they don't have one.

Congrats on the interview invitation! 11/30 was the earliest day I was given for an interview, so I booked it. However, good luck on the interview!!! If you can share your experience after your interview day, your feedback is very appreciated!

I have been reading their website and researching online and could't find any information on this. I'm guessing they don't have one.

Sorry, I take the information I have given above back. On PharmCAS website in the school information section, they said:

"Minimum composite PCAT score considered: 50th percentile or higher preferred"

....but not sure how accurate this information is :confused:

Sorry, I take the information I have given above back. On PharmCAS website in the school information section, they said:

"Minimum composite PCAT score considered: 50th percentile or higher preferred"

....but not sure how accurate this information is :confused:

I hope they consider a couple of points lower than the 50, because I've already applied to the school.

got interview invitation on 11/16!! so excited!!:) anyone else going on that day?

Hi Potential Students of NDM SOP.

1. I want to congratulate everyone that has interview offers thus far!
2. My best recommendation for interview preparation is to really go through your application. Be able to answer questions such as "How well do you work in groups?" When was the last time you had a miscommunication and what did you do to solve it?
3. Lastly, I am a P1 student here and I have to say that the best thing that happen to me is being a pharmacy student here. Despite being a new program, the school is extraordinary in terms of its curriculum. We have both learning experiences in and out of the classrooms. We have care labs where we are constantly putting everything we learn into practice. Last but not least, we have amazing faculty and staff. This school is all round excellent. My class size is only about 64 students. All our professors know our names.

I have exams ALL week long, but I just wanted to drop in and say good luck.
If this school is your top choice, make sure you TALK to as many students in our school as possible. From a personal perspective, this school really pushes us to the maximum. We have exams and quizzes like no tomorrow. I love NDM!

Hi Potential Students of NDM SOP.

1. I want to congratulate everyone that has interview offers thus far!
2. My best recommendation for interview preparation is to really go through your application. Be able to answer questions such as "How well do you work in groups?" When was the last time you had a miscommunication and what did you do to solve it?
3. Lastly, I am a P1 student here and I have to say that the best thing that happen to me is being a pharmacy student here. Despite being a new program, the school is extraordinary in terms of its curriculum. We have both learning experiences in and out of the classrooms. We have care labs where we are constantly putting everything we learn into practice. Last but not least, we have amazing faculty and staff. This school is all round excellent. My class size is only about 64 students. All our professors know our names.

I have exams ALL week long, but I just wanted to drop in and say good luck.
If this school is your top choice, make sure you TALK to as many students in our school as possible. From a personal perspective, this school really pushes us to the maximum. We have exams and quizzes like no tomorrow. I love NDM!

It is up their in my choices. How would we talk to student about the program?

Sent my pharmcas in late August. I got my interview invitation before I completed the supplemental which was late October. I had my interview Nov. 13th and it went really well! Got my acceptance three days later. This wasn't my top choice but I am still considering this great school.

Everyone at the school was so friendly and really thought highly of the school! The interview definitely changed my opinion for the better. I have gotten my acceptance but I am still deciding...

Everyone at the school was so friendly and really thought highly of the school! The interview definitely changed my opinion for the better. I have gotten my acceptance but I am still deciding...

I as well thought everyone was really nice! School looks like its well on its way to be one of the good pharmacy schools in the future. I just thought the tuition was a turn off for me (expensive), but I understand why since it's a private school.

I was wondering if the school sends you an email with the supplementa applicaton, does that mean you pass the minimum requirement to be considered for an interview? Or does everyone get an email with the applications after PharmCAS submits it?

Does anyone know the cost of tuition for the School of Pharmacy???

Does anyone know the cost of tuition for the School of Pharmacy???

I went to the interview and they had a financial presentation. The lady who gave us the presentation did a quick calculation for us and came up with:

36K for tuition a year, with rent, food, and etc. You're looking roughly around 50K.

I just went to their interview on the 7th of December. And don't forget that 50K a year is the cost of attendance minus the loan interest/interests if somehow you tap into student loan/loans

I just went to their interview on the 7th of December. And don't forget that 50K a year is the cost of attendance minus the loan interest/interests if somehow you tap into student loan/loans

Yeah, good thing you mention that :idea: I really like the school and what it has to offer me but thinking about the expenses really freak me out, lol. But, it's my future...so you got to do what you got to do...:D

Thank you for the info guys. I was wondering if this information is on there website, because I couldn't find it.

For those who have already interviewed, how was it? Do you mind sharing your experience there? :)

For those who have already interviewed, how was it? Do you mind sharing your experience there? :)

My interview was with 2 professors, and it was very causal. They are just trying to get to know you as a person, so just be yourself. I used SDN interview feedback to prepare me for the interview and I had no surprises.

Thank you for the info guys. I was wondering if this information is on there website, because I couldn't find it.

I tried looking at their website about this before my interview and I could not find this information. They present this to you at the very end of the day before you leave, but overall the school is very nice and well on its way to becoming a great school. It's expensive because it's a private school so that's understandable.

My interview was with 2 professors, and it was very causal. They are just trying to get to know you as a person, so just be yourself. I used SDN interview feedback to prepare me for the interview and I had no surprises.

Thanks for the response! My interview will be on Tues. so I'm really excited! :) Good luck with everything!

Anyone with January interviews???

Hello,

My interview is on the 14th at 9am and my flight leaves at 6pm. I was wondering how long the interview process went for you. They estimated it to last till 2:30pm. I believe BWI airport is about 30 min from the school and im just making sure i don't miss my flight home.

Thanks.

my interview is on the same dae and I'm taking the 6pm flight out of BWI..I heard the interview last around 2:30pm so we should be ok..

Is anyone else applying this year without a bachelor's? I'm a sophomore right now, I'm afraid they'll think I'm too young! :(

I think you should go ahead and apply that way if you happen to be waitlisted or rejected, you will have an idea of how the appliation process works. Many of the students who were at the interview session with me were juniors. As long as you have a good GPA, PCAT scores, LOR, great personal statement and is involved in extracurricular then you should be fine! :) But if you decide to wait until next year, just remember to apply early (November the latest) to increase your chances for admissions. Good luck with everything!

To those who are accepted...did you guys get a background check email?