Notre Dame of Maryland Univesity SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much for replying! I'm applying late this year cause I'm taking my pcat in january. i have good LORs and i'm a pharm tech, and my gpa is a little above average, I just hope I do well on the PCAT and can get at least an interview! How was yours? And how long after you submitted your supplement did you get an interview invite? I'm assuming mine won't be until late january since my pcat is january 9.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much for replying! I'm applying late this year cause I'm taking my pcat in january. i have good LORs and i'm a pharm tech, and my gpa is a little above average, I just hope I do well on the PCAT and can get at least an interview! How was yours? And how long after you submitted your supplement did you get an interview invite? I'm assuming mine won't be until late january since my pcat is january 9.

Hey for me they received my application on 11/13 and they sent me the supplemental same day. On 11/15 I got an interview invitation. My stats are very similar to yours with pharm tech experience, good lor, and decent gpa. My pcat was not that good at all. If you need any more advice just PM me.

Good luck!

Hey i cancelled my interview two days before it was schedule due to other plans. I sent out an email to them and they still have not gotten back to me. Just dont want bad relations. Any feedback?

Members don't see this ad :)

My PCAT wasn't too great the first time I took it, my highest scores were in Bio in which I received a 74 and a 56 in reading (which isn't that high at all). When I took the PCAT the second time I focused mainly on quant and chemistry and scored a 68% for each but my composite for both attempts were still low. Regardless though, I don't think my PCAT met their requirement but they saw other components of my application that stood out and offered me an interview. I submitted my pharmcas app to them on Nov. 12 and recieved an interview invite a week later. And I submitted my supplemental app the day before my interview. So don't worry! Just study hard and do well on the PCAT and they'll send you an invite in no time! :)

got my acceptance email today and I interviewed on 12/14/12..btw I was the only Californian from San Jose :)

I received an acceptance email not too long ago. The faculty/staff/students were very friendly and personable but the facilty and price of the tuition was not at all appealing to me :(

got my acceptance email today and I interviewed on 12/14/12..btw I was the only Californian from San Jose :)

congrats man, i interviewed that day as well and got acceptance also. i was the only one there from NY :cool:

Has anyone received a interview before they received a supplemental application?

Does anyone know if they have professional fraternities?

I have my interview on 01/11...so nervous! Can anyone who went to an interview share their experience/the kinds of questions they were asked?

Yeah i got in to several schools, and i almost decided where to go. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I am an asian guy who talked with you alot about schools. I chose PCOM in georgia. How about you?
Oh from fair fax? I think I'm going to go to Campbell university North Carolina...I was actually considering notre dame for a bit because of the rotation opportunities but the lack of accreditation right now made me feel uneasy. Also, it's way more expensive. What were your top choices?

Anyone going to the interview on jan,18 2013?:)
And is this school an accredited pharmacy school?

Oh from fair fax? I think I'm going to go to Campbell university North Carolina...I was actually considering notre dame for a bit because of the rotation opportunities but the lack of accreditation right now made me feel uneasy. Also, it's way more expensive. What were your top choices?

Yes! I am from Fairfax. Will send ya p.m.

Extremely excited for Jan. 8! Looking forward to meeting everyone that is going to be there that day!

I got interviewed today and a few hours later, they sent me an acceptance email the same day :oops:

I have another interview at MCV. Notre dame is pretty pricey :( I don't know how I'm going to afford it and plus I'm scared that it's not accredited.

What's the housing situation like? I heard only girls can dorm on campus.

Had my interview 1/11/13 got an acceptance letter in my email on 1/15/13

HIIII guys!
Anyone planning to attend NDM next year? I would like to get to know you!!! Just talk about random academic / housing /city things! PM me your email :)

Is anyone else applying this year without a bachelor's? I'm a sophomore right now, I'm afraid they'll think I'm too young! :(

you are definitely NOT too young. You are actually in the supposed to be the most normal age range for candidates because the whole pharmacy schools work in a 2+4 year form where the first 2 years is the undergrad (hence you are finishing your pre reqs as a sophomore) and you are supposed to enter into the pharmacy school in your junior year.

yes. and charged me $15 for a background check THEY are doing.. wtf?

i did that also, at first i thought it was a spam email and ignored it then a week later they sent me another email so i figured it was legit

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for incoming accepted students?

Hey guys! I just got an interview invitation a few days ago! I think I may choose march 5 as my interview date, I'm a sophomore in undergrad now so I'm really nervous! (especially cause I'm a little younger than some other applicants :/) any advice for the interview?! :)

Just relax- the faculty and perceptor are really chill. Just know your basic questions like why pharmacy? why notre dame? what's your weakest trait etc. Always asks questions. I know a lot of schools have interview rubrics- so they;re seeing if you can answer questions, look professional, and be polite. Smile, introduce yourself, shake hands and thank them after.

Just interviewed Tuesday and received an email from a P2 saying congratulations for being accepted two days later, however I haven't received the official acceptance letter or email yet? I think I'm accepted but there may just be a delay on the official notification? Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like I should have received the official acceptance first, then an email from a current student saying congratulations. Anyways, I will be attending this fall and am very excited! Thanks everyone for all their application and interview advice! :D

It happened to me as well. I got a P2 student sending me an acceptance letter the same day, an hour after my interview. I was interviewed 1/15.

When I was accepted, they said that we aren't supposed to share the facebook address with the public.

Oh I see. I guess I'll email the student representative for a link then.

does anyone know about the rotation during P4 at Notre Dame? Could we have rotation else where outside Baltimore? I think they mentioned this during interview but I forgot about it...

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I'll be moving from Arizona so I have no idea where to look! Thanks!

I declined my offer so good luck guys who are still waiting!

Any advice on housing for males? Looking for something that includes utilities and possibly furnished. Thanks

Hi everyone,
Does Notre Dame pharmacy school accepts student easily?
I am going for my interview in January and I am really nervous on the questions that will be asked during interview. I do not have any volunteer experience in health care because the hospitals do not want to process my international student application.
Here is my stats: Cumulative GPA : 3.95
Science GPA: 4.0
PCAT 79 composit with a 7 on my reading comprehension!!! I totally bombed the reading.
Do you think I have chance of getting admitted to the school ?

Hi everyone,
Does Notre Dame pharmacy school accepts student easily?
I am going for my interview in January and I am really nervous on the questions that will be asked during interview. I do not have any volunteer experience in health care because the hospitals do not want to process my international student application.
Here is my stats: Cumulative GPA : 3.95
Science GPA: 4.0
PCAT 79 composit with a 7 on my reading comprehension!!! I totally bombed the reading.
Do you think I have chance of getting admitted to the school ?