Nova class 2017 admissions forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone! I'm taking the PCAT this coming Wednesday (9/26) and then hopefully my application will be ready to submit. How long did it take them to calculate your GPA? I seems like it's taking forever (more than 5 weeks anyway) Thanks, and I look forward to meeting some of you in more detail.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! WE CAN DOOO ITTT!!!!!!

Christine

Members don't see this ad.

Question. Do you get the supplementals immediate and through pharmcas?

Finally got my interview sooo happy! If anyone hasn't I recommend calling because they may have just not gotten to you yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my interview sooo happy! If anyone hasn't I recommend calling because they may have just not gotten to you yet.

Are you saying that they gave you an interview invite when you called them?

does anyone know if Nova considers applicants who do not meet the minimum gpa? is it a good idea to call to check status on interview?

Are you saying that they gave you an interview invite when you called them?

The following day they called for an interview it could be a coincidence but it doesnt hurt to try

The following day they called for an interview it could be a coincidence but it doesnt hurt to try

Thanks! I'll call them soon. I just took the PCAT for the first time yesterday, I was thinking they might be waiting on those scores to come in. Good luck on your interview! :thumbup:

I am from the Class of 2016 PR site and I have to tell you that not every lecture is recorded. For Example for biochem only one of the professors is recording on tegrity and the other 2 not. For your P1 year classes will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 1 to 5 pm, Wednesday from 11 to 5 pm and fridays from 1 until 2 pm....

I have to say its a really good experience being in here, the professors are always available to help you even is you are at the distance sites.... GOOD LUCK to everyone applying

Hey, im interested in applying to Ponce campus again this year for the second time, can you tell me how ur gpa, pcat and portfolio was? :)

I took my PCAT on the 26th.. what did you think??

Christine

Christine

I am not too sure about nova's policy but one of my schools allowed for me to scan and email in my preliminary report so my application file would be updated.

Ok, i seriously need someone from Puerto Rico who has either gotten accepted, or are planning to apply this year to help me out. I'm freaking out, I don't have a strong application, but I have a BS in Microbiology and I applied last year and got an interview, but ultimately I didn't get accepted (hardest six weeks of my life). I NEED SOME HELP!! It absolutely has to be someone from Puerto Rico, because at my interview I was told that I had a "competitive" PCAT and my score is nowhere near as fantastic as the scores mentioned here. I don't know if its a minority issue or what .... but i seriously need help.

Stats:

1. BS in Industrial Micriobiology: GPA according to PharmCAS - Sci GPA 2.81, Math GPA 2.17, Non-Sci GPA 3.12, Total 2.85

2. Took PCAT twice, Composite of 37 the first time, 38 the second.

Scores for the second one are:
VA: 404 - 51
Biol: 408 - 58
RC: 396 - 41
QA: 384 - 16 (apparently I suck at math, I really am not bad, I'm just a little slow)
Chem: 395 - 40
Comp: 397 - 38

My writing sections were 3.0 the first time, I'm still waiting on the second one (i took the PCAT on sept 25)

3. I started to do some volunteer research this August at the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Puerto Rico, and I will do it for about a year. I do 25+ hours a week, I will start doing some community work this month and I'm looking to do some pharmacy shadowing experience.

Does anyone know where I stand for NOVA Ponce Campus? This would be my second time applying.

Christine

Hey, I thought the bio and chem were both a little harder than what was on the practice tests, but they did switch up the material this year. Verbal and reading comp surprisingly I did better then I expected to do.

What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I thought the bio and chem were both a little harder than what was on the practice tests, but they did switch up the material this year. Verbal and reading comp surprisingly I did better then I expected to do.

What about you?
I thought the chem and the math were a bit more difficult than the practice material I studied, but I am glad it is over that's for sure!! I hope we get invited for interviews, I want this so bad!

Interview day was a blast... still waiting to hear back though :p! The two professors that interviewed were very friendly! Going in you can be completely nervous, but when you go around with the tour guide and meet the admissions staff you feel relaxed. They go through a formal procedure, but at the same time are very laidback for most of the day. If you guys have any questions your best bet is to talk to Jeff the admissions counselor or Jessie. I have Jeff's card, his information is below.

Jeffrey Jurkas
Pharmacy Admissions Counselor
954-262-1112
[email protected]

Jessie Sutton
[email protected]
954-262-1123

Interview day was a blast... still waiting to hear back though :p! The two professors that interviewed were very friendly! Going in you can be completely nervous, but when you go around with the tour guide and meet the admissions staff you feel relaxed. They go through a formal procedure, but at the same time are very laidback for most of the day. If you guys have any questions your best bet is to talk to Jeff the admissions counselor or Jessie. I have Jeff's card, his information is below.

Jeffrey Jurkas
Pharmacy Admissions Counselor
954-262-1112
[email protected]

Jessie Sutton
[email protected]
954-262-1123

Thanks for your post my interview is this week & I'm really nervous so glad to hear it wasnt that bad

Thanks for your post my interview is this week & I'm really nervous so glad to hear it wasnt that bad
Thanks also for posting, I am so excited for both of you! I am also very nervous and I do not even have an interview appointment haha.

Good luck and congratulations again!

Hi everyone, new member here, I just wanted to know if you guys think it is still considered relatively early in the application cycle to apply. I just sent out my Pharmcas two days and Im hoping to get my supplemental from nova within a few days. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this.

Congrats to all that have been accepted. I had a question for all of you. I have just e-submitted my application and was wondering when/if supplemental come in? I e-submitted on 10/1.

BTW, Do you guys think it's too late to get in by submitting last week? Not verified yet (obviously).

As soon as Nova receives your appl. from pharmcas you'll get an email with your supplemental...

Congrats to all that have been accepted. I had a question for all of you. I have just e-submitted my application and was wondering when/if supplemental come in? I e-submitted on 10/1.

BTW, Do you guys think it's too late to get in by submitting last week? Not verified yet (obviously).

Hey i think you will be fine its still early:) & i got my supplemental email a few days after my pharmcas was mailed.

Congratulations to all those that got in! .... patiently waiting for an interview :xf:

Just submitted my supplemental

Oh so nervous!!

Congratulations everyone!!!!!

Someone should make a facebook page for those attending nova 2013 so we can get to know each other :)

All the nova groups are titled Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy C/O 201X or just NSU COP 201x so you can be in unisom with the rest of the classes.

Congratulations to all those that got in! .... patiently waiting for an interview :xf:

I'm waiting as well.....impatiently though :oops:
Stay positive and keep us informed if anything happens....

After submitting all documents (pharmCAS and supp), did you get a "file complete" email from NOVA? I never did. Also, were we suppose to sign and mail back a signature page at the end of the supplemental? It says to do so, but I figured an e-signature was enough. Maybe I'm wrong? :/

I'm waiting as well.....impatiently though :oops:
Stay positive and keep us informed if anything happens....

Thanks!... I'm pretty sure they are waiting on my official PCAT scores to come in, should be another week or so. This process is torturous :(
I will let you know

After submitting all documents (pharmCAS and supp), did you get a "file complete" email from NOVA? I never did. Also, were we suppose to sign and mail back a signature page at the end of the supplemental? It says to do so, but I figured an e-signature was enough. Maybe I'm wrong? :/

After i submitted my supplemental i received an email confirmation and another one saying that they had received my LORs.
I didnt sign a signature page... I believe your esignature was enough.
Good luck to you. I am also waiting...:scared:

Last edited:
After i submitted my supplemental i received an email confirmation and another one saying that they had received my LORs.
I didnt sign a signature page... I believe your esignature was enough.
Good luck to you. I am also waiting...:scared:

Thanks for getting back to me, katpharmd!
I feel ok, now that I know I received the same correspondence from NOVA as you did :D
Thanks for the luck, and GOOD LUCK to you too!

Hi guys! have my interview date nov 12 :D im nervous! how long after the interview do you find out if you got accepted??

wish me luck!

Hey I am a new member here. I just sent in my supplemental to NOVA yesterday....does anyone know if they conduct interviews in November or December? It doesn't look like anyone has gotten any interviews scheduled after October...

Hi guys! have my interview date nov 12 :D im nervous! how long after the interview do you find out if you got accepted??

wish me luck!

lol you posted 4 min before I posted which answered my question thanks! When did you send in your supplemental stuff?

and good luck!

Last edited:
hi! you get to pick your interview date lol so theres a couple in nov and decemeber :)

and thank you!

hi! you get to pick your interview date lol so theres a couple in nov and decemeber :)

and thank you!

Your welcome! Do you remember when you submitted your supplemental? I just submitted mine yesterday so I wasn't sure when I should expect to hear back (or not) for interviews.

wish me luck!

Good luck on your interview! I got an acceptance call about 10 days after my interview.

hey..i applied for International Pharm.D..got an interview call as well..do u guys know how are the interview like..?..do they ask u any pharmacy based questions..?

Quick question! For the supplemental app, how do you guys answer the questions such as work experience? Bullet for with 2-3 sentence or put all your experience into one small paragraph?

Quick question! For the supplemental app, how do you guys answer the questions such as work experience? Bullet for with 2-3 sentence or put all your experience into one small paragraph?

I did the job title and company with about 3 bullets for each job.

I did my application very early in June. I believe I got an interview invite for October, but I wouldn't count the whole 4 months between June and October because I don't even think they begin looking at applications as early as June. I think they start in September. So I would say 1-2 months to wait to hear if you got an interview. If more time than that passes, you are probably being placed low on the list for a chance at an interview.
Thank you. I have talked to admission department and they said that my application is under review. Actually I have applied for international pharm D program.
I am visiting Florida in December. Do you think if I visit nova during that time to find out what's going on, is it good idea?
I am bit nervous.
Thank you