NYITCOM-Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think he said both hospitals and some local practices. I also think he said 19 locations but don't quote me on that haha

Well you heard more than me. I was just told that they had spots for us and that they were very open and receptive to having students. I have a friend who just got an interview invite and she said the admissions people told her she was one of the last four to be interviewed. :wow::wow:.

That means they finished interviewing for this school in a month?? I thought they just got approval to start taking students.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Only 4 spots? That can't be right.
I agree. I don't understand how they could be done already but since the next year's cycle is about 4 months away it is always a possibility. Maybe it is that the waiting list is sooo hugeeeee. Like trump huggeee.

Members don't see this ad :)
How can the class be already filled or almost filled? Has anyone received a wait list from this school?

Does anyone have an interview here?

I have had an interview with NYIT-COM at A-State. The interview was over "zoom", which is similar to Skype. I have also been accepted to this campus as well. However, I do still have a few questions about campus, cost, etc.

Had interview on 1/5. Called, and they said they sent something through postal mail on 1/16. Nothing in my mailbox yet.

Wonder if acceptance letters are sent through express, and all other decisions regular slow post mails. Any thoughts?

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected through mail yet?

accepted and got it via snail mail. the letter was marked two days after my interview but i didn't get the letter until exactly a week later
Wow I hope mine gets here tmr then, since Monday was Martin luther's. Im a med scribe now and seriously cant concentrate on physician's dictations. Lol..

accepted and got it via snail mail. the letter was marked two days after my interview but i didn't get the letter until exactly a week later
Did you get your mail in package or just an envelope

This place is looking like a last resort for people. It'll do better next year I'm sure.

This is not the last resort for people this school is actually pretty strong. I was not fortunate enough to get an interview but had I did and gotten in I would have gone here

I think people are concerned with it being a new campus. Especially because not a lot of information is being released in regards to campus and what not. Definitely a strong school!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not the last resort for people this school is actually pretty strong. I was not fortunate enough to get an interview but had I did and gotten in I would have gone here

Over a different school?

Has anyone been rejected or on hold here?

edit: I also think that their 100% match rate last year speaks volumes. This school is a branch. It's a carbon copy of NYIT. Food for thought.
If that's true why are pcom-ga's numbers so much lower than PCOM?
It's a branch. A carbon copy.

I'm not trying to spew negativity, but you gotta understand a branch is not the same as the main campus.
How many nyitcom-Arkansas acceptees were accepted at nyit main campus? I bet zero. There is a difference in the students that will be attending these two schools.

Of my options it's number 2. If I don't get into uams next month I'll 100% be here. Idk how many "new" programs you can find that are fully accredited first year. That's a big deal money wise.
Don't let the money situation sway you too much - the private loan plan I have ready is much better than the government financial aide. I am not saying this is true for all, but the loan rates are definitely very competitive with the federal loan system, if not BETTER.
Well it seems that some people aren't even getting interviews. Also I turned down BCOM for A-state
Woah, lol, I have turned down two well-established schools FOR BCOM! Different strokes for different folks, I suppose! The issue for NYIT-Arkansas is the location - I would be absolutely miserable around A-State (I live close by) and I am not sure about the rumors, but it sounded as if NYIT-Arkansas was going to have some of their lecture courses projected onto a screen via the NYIT parent campus. However, don't let me turn you away from this school..if you love it, then by all means have at it.

Is there anyone who is 100% attending NYIT A-State on this thread?

I am definitely 100 percent attending because as I said in a earlier post this option trumps Caribbean medical school by a lot. Some may care about those two letters after your name but I do not. Just happy to have the chance to become a doctor :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't even apply to the Arkansas campus only NYIT ny and got an interview for Arkansas campus today... Little confused. Is there any chance of getting accepted to NYIT Arkansas and studying at the ny campus? Want to be closer to my family in the northeast

For those who have already been accepted/interviewed, did they ask you any questions specific to your app, or were they more general interview questions?

More general interview questions. Nothing directly related to the app

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't want to live in the desert to be honest. I'm from Arkansas and I'd rather be at an accredited school if it's going to be a new school. BCOM was awesome though.
The accreditation shouldn't matter, to be honest. I know that sounds like a foolish comment, but the statistics hold up that almost every single medical school to apply has been successful in obtaining full accreditation. It has no direct implication on you as a student, and if for some reason the heavily favored odds don't work out in BCOM's favor, then you would still come out with winner as far as the contingency plan goes. I personally asked about this and they said they have a fund ($11M) strictly put back (as required for every new school) in case the school fails, in which the students would be issued full refunds, given financial and administrative help relocating to another medical school, and guaranteed continuation towards a D.O. degree. However, your choice isn't only based on the accreditation, so I completely understand you desire to be in Arkansas. I love Arkansas, just not Jonesboro. Not to mention they are building another osteopathic medical school near Fort Smith, AR here in 2017-2018 I believe. http://5newsonline.com/2015/09/14/college-of-osteopathic-medicine-granted-pre-accreditation-status/
http://www.fortsmithchamber.org/201...athic-medical-college-planned-for-fort-smith/

I didn't even apply to the Arkansas campus only NYIT ny and got an interview for Arkansas campus today... Little confused. Is there any chance of getting accepted to NYIT Arkansas and studying at the ny campus? Want to be closer to my family in the northeast
No, the two campuses are separate in regards to gaining an acceptance.

Has anyone who interviewed on the 20th Wednesday received an acceptance today?

Check your email

Did you receive something from financial aid? I interviewed the 19th, and was hoping to hear back by now in the mail. I did, however, receive something from the financial aid office talking about "financing my education," so I'm taking that to be a good sign?

I had gotten an email from the financial aid dept. before a letter in the mail. They jumped the gun apparently. However, in the email it said congratulations on your acceptance to the class of 2020 in the first paragraph. So, I knew I had gotten accepted.

Got an II via e-mail today. Congrats to those who have been accepted.

Did you receive something from financial aid? I interviewed the 19th, and was hoping to hear back by now in the mail. I did, however, receive something from the financial aid office talking about "financing my education," so I'm taking that to be a good sign?

No I have not received anything in the mail.

Last edited:
I got no mail or emails from them yet. So I interviewed on the 20th, and I just called them. They said that my application is still under the review of the committee, and any decisions made will be notified to applicants through regular mail. So hoping I'll get some good news from here soon :)

Last edited:
I'm also from Illinois, Chicago suburbs. Interview is over Zoom (video conferencing) in about 8 hours. Ha. I've read through the entire thread and frankly feel less excited BUT it is exciting that Dr. Ross-Lee will be the site dean. She is well connected and it is encouraging. I suppose I should sleep so I have time to shave. Will I wear pants? Perhaps.
I saw that you interviewed on the 20th too. Did you get any mail or emails from here?

Accepted! Complete 12/21, interview 1/19.

Acceptance letter in the mail today !!! Complete 1/4, Interview 1/20.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone interview here on the 26th or 27th?

How many people would you guys say they interview every week?

Please let me be interviewed next. I love surprises.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted last week. Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing. NYIT has a great reputation, I am excited that they are expanding to a location near me.

Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview for this school coming up this Wednesday, if anyone could provide some tips on it I would really appreciate it! :)

I saw that you interviewed on the 20th too. Did you get any mail or emails from here?

Hi. Yes I received an email first from Financial Aid simply congratulating me on the interview for the class of 2020. Didn't want to get my hopes high so I waited for the packet and it came a week later after the interview. I will accept of course, but like some of us, I'm still open at a few other schools.

I have an interview for this school coming up this Wednesday, if anyone could provide some tips on it I would really appreciate it! :)

Mine was super relaxed but I'm sure that will vary by interviewer. I just looked up the fast facts, and prepare a few questions. Doing the interview at my house, on a pool table, in sweatpants probably calmed my nerves a lot. Just be yourself, be genuine, and be excited that you are being chosen to represent a potentially very cohesive class.

Mine was super relaxed but I'm sure that will vary by interviewer. I just looked up the fast facts, and prepare a few questions. Doing the interview at my house, on a pool table, in sweatpants probably calmed my nerves a lot. Just be yourself, be genuine, and be excited that you are being chosen to represent a potentially very cohesive class.

^Thanks for the tips :) Was it an open or closed file interview?

II today, complete at NYITCOM 12/20.

Could anyone who received an interview/acceptance here kindly share his/her stats?

PM me if you'd like.

Anyone know if there's any overlap between the Arkansas campus and the NY campus? I'd prefer the NY campus. I interview next week and am planning on expressing my preference in hopes of being considered for the NY campus

It's bad enough that DOs are opening up franchises like fast food restaurants, I wish they also didn't give them regionally inappropriate names.

It's bad enough that DOs are opening up franchises like fast food restaurants, I wish they also didn't give them regionally inappropriate names.

It's important to keep in mind that standards for gaining accreditation (like NYITCOM-ASU has) haven't changed, but the shortage of physicians is growing exponentially.

People seem to have a problem with so many medical schools cropping up in the past decade. Maybe aspiring physicians want to feel like they're a part of an exclusive club? Zero medical schools opened from 1983-2000. Clearly that raised some concern/created some problems and now we're all having to reconcile them. If the quality of physicians in healthcare falls off a quality cliff then I'll eat my words, but I'd be willing to wager that the pros (increased access to professional medical care) outweigh the cons (<insert opinion here>).