2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I selected yes to stay on the waitlist and this is what the email said:

Dear Candidate,
Thank you for updating your waitlist response. You will remain on the NYITCOM waitlist for 2023, per your request.

Best regards,

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I selected yes to stay on the waitlist and this is what the email said:

Dear Candidate,
Thank you for updating your waitlist response. You will remain on the NYITCOM waitlist for 2023, per your request.

Best regards,
“Dear Candidate,
Thank you for updating your waitlist status. Your response has been received and recorded.”
This is what I got. Now I’m really scared. Did anyone else who said yes get the same response as me?!

Reactions: 1 users
“Dear Candidate,
Thank you for updating your waitlist status. Your response has been received and recorded.”
This is what I got. Now I’m really scared. Did anyone else who said yes get the same response as me?!
Mine said this as well and I made sure I hit yes lol

“Dear Candidate,
Just made an account to reply to this: I hit yes too and got the same message; got spooked and followed up with an email verifying my status. I then shortly got a response confirming I am still on the list. Hope this helps my fellow anxious applicants :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think that there will be a massive wave of acceptances next time we hear from NYITCOM?

*For people reading this in future cycles trying to figure out trends

we received an email sent Monday May 8th on the topic Waitlist spot re-affirmation, they asked us to confirm by Thursday May 11th. we were told confirmations of submission would be 24-48 hours, applicants got it same day.
***the below is all speculative on my end***

I Imagine the earliest we will hear about WL movement is this Friday May12th, so the adcom will know who is or isn't in the WL pool still, but in a recent NYITCOM cycle there was big WL movement starting a Monday (after ~2-3 weeks of silence since the first Friday wave). I think this Friday is very optimistic given how late it is and that they may want to leave a buffer to process submissions/finalize things, etc… thoughts?

*For people reading this in future cycles trying to figure out trends

we received an email sent Monday May 8th on the topic Waitlist spot re-affirmation, they asked us to confirm by Thursday May 11th. we were told confirmations of submission would be 24-48 hours, applicants got it same day.
***the below is all speculative on my end***

I Imagine the earliest we will hear about WL movement is this Friday May12th, so the adcom will know who is or isn't in the WL pool still, but in a recent NYITCOM cycle there was big WL movement starting a Monday (after ~2-3 weeks of silence since the first Friday wave). I think this Friday is very optimistic given how late it is and that they may want to leave a buffer to process submissions/finalize things, etc… thoughts?
I completely agree. Also you brought up an interesting point how they said they would send us a confirmation email within 24-48 hours after submission but we got it the same day, a few hours after doing it in fact. Also, we have by Thursday, May 11th to say yes or no. It makes sense for them to start the waitlist movement on Friday then since they know who wants to stay and especially since it’s later in the cycle than previous years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if at the end of the cycle they just use my DO application to evaluate my candidacy for the masters program, or I do need to fill out an entire application through postbacCAS?

Does anyone know if at the end of the cycle they just use my DO application to evaluate my candidacy for the masters program, or I do need to fill out an entire application through postbacCAS?
I think it depends on the program, but you will need to sign a waiver saying that you allow other programs to view your DO application.

I completely agree. Also you brought up an interesting point how they said they would send us a confirmation email within 24-48 hours after submission but we got it the same day, a few hours after doing it in fact. Also, we have by Thursday, May 11th to say yes or no. It makes sense for them to start the waitlist movement on Friday then since they know who wants to stay and especially since it’s later in the cycle than previous years.
lets hope so! WL movement today at the Jonesboro campus 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Do you guys think a lot of us are going to be accepted when they do start pulling people off the waitlist?

I just got an acceptance email! Literally shaking!!! I’m so excited, if anyone has the GroupMe link! Also to everyone else on the waitlist I feel you, and I hope you all get good news soon! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just got an acceptance email! Literally shaking!!! I’m so excited, if anyone has the GroupMe link! Also to everyone else on the waitlist I feel you, and I hope you all get good news soon! ❤️
Can you tell us your LM and when you got on the wl

Got accepted today! ( during an interview for a post bacc lmao) first A after being a reapplicant, sooo excited!!! Interviewed early march, WL a few weeks after

Reactions: 8 users
It seems like they’re accepting people who interviewed later in the cycle (feb/march) and those people typically have much higher stats 😞 I interviewed way back in November

Reactions: 4 users
So far only 3 people have been accepted today that we are aware of, maybe tomorrow there will be more people accepted.

Also I kind of think that it makes more sense for more people to be accepted tomorrow since the deadline to respond to the waitlist email is today.

Reactions: 2 users
Also I kind of think that it makes more sense for more people to be accepted tomorrow since the deadline to respond to the waitlist email is today.
yeah I honestly didn't expect any WL movement today since the deadline to respond to that email was today. I figured they'd wait for today to pass before accepting more people tomorrow. I honestly don't think they'll accept any more people till June because I'm sure now they'll just wanna wait for that May 15 deadline where all DO students have to narrow down to one school

Reactions: 2 users
yeah I honestly didn't expect any WL movement today since the deadline to respond to that email was today. I figured they'd wait for today to pass before accepting more people tomorrow. I honestly don't think they'll accept any more people till June because I'm sure now they'll just wanna wait for that May 15 deadline where all DO students have to narrow down to one school
That’s a great point

I applied for the bridge program but didn't receive the interest to remain on the WL email. Do you think it is worth emailing about confirming my spot on the WL today since that's when the deadline to respond is or should I just wait to hear back from the bridge program?

I applied for the bridge program but didn't receive the interest to remain on the WL email. Do you think it is worth emailing about confirming my spot on the WL today since that's when the deadline to respond is or should I just wait to hear back from the bridge program?
Maybe it’s because they’re considering on your position in the bridge program.

I think if you apply to the bridge program they remove you from the WL but ask them

I also got an email for the bridge program in March but declined the offer and I got the email for the waitlist on Monday just like everyone else.

I think if you apply to the bridge program they remove you from the WL but ask them
It was my understanding that you're only removed if you're accepted into the bridge program, but I haven't heard about either yet. Thank you for replying!

I don’t think there will be more movement tomorrow it usually happens at once and then takes a break. I didn’t get anything today so I’m kind of losing hope, gonna start working towards next year app. Congrats to all that got the A today!

Thinking of calling Tom just to make sure they didn’t like forget about my app. Could it hurt?

But the worst part about this process is the overlap. To be considered on time for next years cycle we need to have submitted applications in a few weeks! Although getting an A would still feel good, it would suck to have to spend all that time and money (plus studying for MCAT for those who want to improve score). Am I the only one who wishes they could get a yes or no instead of this waiting game? At least a no gives u the opportunity to put your head down and focus on plan B. Sorry for the outburst I’m just really stressed rn

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
But the worst part about this process is the overlap. To be considered on time for next years cycle we need to have submitted applications in a few weeks! Although getting an A would still feel good, it would suck to have to spend all that time and money (plus studying for MCAT for those who want to improve score). Am I the only one who wishes they could get a yes or no instead of this waiting game? At least a no gives u the opportunity to put your head down and focus on plan B. Sorry for the outburst I’m just really stressed rn
Exactly I have an interview with a Podiatry school as well.

accepted today at 3pm, interviewed late march. so damn happy i can stop writing my application again

Reactions: 6 users
Received acceptance email today at 2:45 PM! Interviewed mid December. Waitlisted February. LM 67. Sent LOI 2 days before waitlist decision and assuming they didn’t have time to read it then…

I am beyond thankful and SO excited for this opportunity!!! I can’t wait to become a doctor 😭🥹 Goodluck to everyone who is waiting to hear back (and send in a letter of intent ASAP if you know this is the school for you!!). Been a long time SDN NYIT lurker- thank you for all the past advice and kind words 🥰

Reactions: 5 users