**NYU c/o 2010**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Generallee said:
Wait a minute.... we need a PDA too!???? Is that manditory?

A PDA too! oh maaaaaann so much money and so much technology!!! In undergrad I was used to taking notes by pen and paper, and using printouts of slides, this is too much of a change for me, LOL. I guess my old skool ways are over!

Galen1 said:
A PDA too! oh maaaaaann so much money and so much technology!!! In undergrad I was used to taking notes by pen and paper, and using printouts of slides, this is too much of a change for me, LOL. I guess my old skool ways are over!

Just picked up the new Treo 650 after talkin to Sprint for 2 hours.

Cost me 150. Not bad for a 500 dollar pda/phone.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Heck i wonder why a PDA would be useful for me.
I never even used a planner.

I much more reliant on memory which has never betrayed me. Actually... I just get tatoos for stuff that's worth remembering :laugh:

drengineer said:
Heck i wonder why a PDA would be useful for me.
I never even used a planner.

I much more reliant on memory which has never betrayed me. Actually... I just get tatoos for stuff that's worth remembering :laugh:

You should watch the movie Memento or the TV Show Prison Break.

Tattoos for memories.

BeamerM3 said:

Tattoos for memories.

Memento, that's where i got the tatoo idea. That movie is way rad!

i think the pda is for medical references, prescriptions, and patient information, not much notetaking i guess... i wonder if they provide discount on pda's as well...

ohcdc said:
i think the pda is for medical references, prescriptions, and patient information, not much notetaking i guess... i wonder if they provide discount on pda's as well...

bump bump bump

they give you a PDA, but you can bring your own... you still get the one from school.

phremius said:
they give you a PDA, but you can bring your own... you still get the one from school.

Are u f'n serious. I thought u had to buy one?

Damn, i just bought one.

phremius said:

Hmmm.... very generous of NYU.

drengineer said:
Hmmm.... very generous of NYU.
not generous...its included in your tuition.

anyone know which pda they give?

Members don't see this ad :)
BeamerM3 said:

Tattoos for memories.

Beamer, I LOVE Prison Break, :love: amazing show!!!

Is everyone going to buy their laptops from NYU? Or are you getting one on your own? I'm still debating :confused: Anyone know which option would be cheaper? :laugh:

Jen

Mysteree said:
Beamer, I LOVE Prison Break, :love: amazing show!!!

Yea, amazing show is right!

I was kinda pissed off that they didn't escape at the end of season 1. And then made us wait like 4 months for season 2. I wonder what's gonna happen in this season.

Anyway, are u still leaning towards BU? Or are you gonna make the right decision and join us at nyu?

alfie5884 said:
Is everyone going to buy their laptops from NYU? Or are you getting one on your own? I'm still debating :confused: Anyone know which option would be cheaper? :laugh:

Jen

If you have one, don't buy a new one!

Just upgrade if your laptop is fairly new.

Don't dish out like 1.5G for a new laptop when u already have one.

alfie5884 said:

Jen

Go to dell and become an EPP member if you are still in school. They give you some rad discounts on their laptops (like 20-30% off on portable systems).

Now, i reserve the rest of this space to tell you guys how rad my machine is. :laugh:

It's a dell E1705.

drengineer said:
Go to dell and become an EPP member if you are still in school. They give you some rad discounts on their laptops (like 20-30% off on portable systems).

Now, i reserve the rest of this space to tell you guys how rad my machine is. :laugh:

It's a dell E1705.

Is your Dell light enough to carry to class everyday? :D

BeamerM3 said:
Yea, amazing show is right!

I was kinda pissed off that they didn't escape at the end of season 1. And then made us wait like 4 months for season 2. I wonder what's gonna happen in this season.

Anyway, are u still leaning towards BU? Or are you gonna make the right decision and join us at nyu?

You know the second season has started, have you watched the last two episodes? I don't want to say anything incase you haven't.

Well, I decided to go on my BU interview..we'll see what they have to say. I was just thinking ahead (of what to do), incase they accepted me. Between you and IndDent, I won't be surprised if I find myself railroaded into NYU :laugh:

Sup Mysteree! Choo Chooooo, here comes the Indy Train...it's up to you, I won't pressure you anymore...it's hard enough going through this whole process as it is. G'luck on your BU interview, I hope it works out for you. But...that $3000 deposit is a little too steep if you ask me...kinda makes that $500 NYU deposit look good...don't you think? :p

drengineer said:

It's a dell E1705.

Dude - I went to a dell kiosk a couple days ago to see what the E1705 is like and it's HUGE! I would love to have it but i think it might be too big for me. I'm lookin at getting the smaller version, the E1505.

By the way, Dell has a special going on through the 5th of April on their laptops. IF you purchase a laptop worth $999.00, then you get an instant $300.00 OFF. IF you purchase a laptop worth $1999.00, then you get an instant $750 OFF. IF you purchase a laptop worth $1499.00, then you get an instant $450 OFF. These deals are only supposed to be offered through the Dell Kiosks located in your local malls. However, I found a way to get the same deals using "coupon codes" on www.couponmountain.com

After tax, shipping and some upgrades, my total out of pocket cost is going to be around $750.00 for the Dell Inspiron E1505. That's an awesome deal that I can't pass on a powerful machine!

alfie5884 said:
Is your Dell light enough to carry to class everyday? :D

Depends on what you think is light... THis is the biggest laptop Dell sells, I believe... It's huge! For sure, it won't fit in any regular laptop bag. Go see for yourself at a Dell Kiosk... :)

I actually just finished watching the first 2 episodes of PB Season 2 tonight. Damn good. Missed epis. 3 though.

Anyway, I hear BU is "cursed" so just come to NYU!!!

(Red Sox suck)

Not a baseball forum, so don't start anything yankee-haters.

:smuggrin:

Woo hoo! I got my Dell Laptop requirement out of the way today. I ended up getting the Inspiron E1505 with Intel Core dual processor, 60GB harddrive, 1GB memory... Everything (Including shipping, handling, and taxes) total out of pocket cost: $816.01. Hmmm...what else can I put on my credit card? Just kiddin just kiddin... ONLY important stuff! :D

Thats a nice deal generallee.
I admit E1705 is big (huge infact). But it has so much power for my technological needs. Moreover it has the top of the line video card (Nvidia 7800 256 MB thats about $300 extra). Just a couple weeks ago... i just wrote a cracking software for my computer security class that makes full use of the core duo processor. It runs lightening fast and i ran it for about 24 hours cracking more passowrds than anybody else in my class. Talk about power! It beats XPS hands down.
hmmm... and i'm using VMware and run Ubuntu 5.10 on it. That's just a test but it's rad!
I have atleast 5 laptop bags. I bet it'll fit in atleast one of them.
Plus it runs quite like death.

I think 1505 is a nice laptop too, especially for that price. I would definitely recommend that especially at that price. It's a steal! My roommate just got E1505.

Hey drengineer,

Hook me up! Maybe you can show me how to maximize my dual core processor as well! I'm sure I'll see ya at the orientation...

drengineer said:

It's a dell E1705.

How do I become a EPP member? Do you have a link? :D Are Dell computers better than IBM?

Here's the link to Dell EPP. You will have to register and all.

Dell EPP

But i recommend that you ask generallee about how he got his deal coz that's one sweet deal for dell E1505.

I have never used IBM laptops so i can't say anything. I have 2 dell laptops and so far i like dell.

Generallee said:
Hey drengineer,

Hook me up! Maybe you can show me how to maximize my dual core processor as well! I'm sure I'll see ya at the orientation...

Windows Vista will make full use of dual core processor from what i've heard. Not many XP softwares are designed for dual core. So sit tight... it should be released soon (if microsoft doesn't decide to delay it again).
But Vista will have so many copyright features that will be a pain in the butt for most common users.
You got it man... i'll definitely see you at the orientation.

(By the way... AMD has come up with quad core processor. So much for intel core duo. Can you beat it... my machine has been outdated just 2 weeks after i bought it). :laugh: (Don't worry... AMD hasn't released its quad core processor yet).

drengineer said:
Windows Vista will make full use of dual core processor from what i've heard. Not many XP softwares are designed for dual core. So sit tight... it should be released soon (if microsoft doesn't decide to delay it again).
But Vista will have so many copyright features that will be a pain in the butt for most common users.
You got it man... i'll definitely see you at the orientation.

(By the way... AMD has come up with quad core processor. So much for intel core duo. Can you beat it... my machine has been outdated just 2 weeks after i bought it). :laugh: (Don't worry... AMD hasn't released its quad core processor yet).

I heard that too about Vista... that's why I opted to go with the dual core processor instead of the XPS. I was really close to choosing the XPS but then some people were saying it won't be as great when Vista comes out...

BeamerM3 said:
I actually just finished watching the first 2 episodes of PB Season 2 tonight. Damn good. Missed epis. 3 though.

Anyway, I hear BU is "cursed" so just come to NYU!!!

(Red Sox suck)

Not a baseball forum, so don't start anything yankee-haters.

:smuggrin:

You missed the 3rd episode?! :eek: It was very informative, backgrounds of all the people who're in there. Quite illuminating.

I have a question for you..Where is babylon West? I've seen a few apt listings in that area, that are quite reasonable. Just want to know what kind of place it is. Thanks.

Quick question regarding the laptop/notebook requirement. Do we have to go through the school? I want to buy a IBM T43, which should meet the specifications requirements right? Really don't want to get a Dell...

xxJuiceDxx said:
Quick question regarding the laptop/notebook requirement. Do we have to go through the school? I want to buy a IBM T43, which should meet the specifications requirements right? Really don't want to get a Dell...

Absolutely not! You don't have to go through the school as long as your computer meets specification requirements. And pretty much any new laptop you buy out there (except celerons) will meet their criteria.

Hello future classmates! Add me to this list.

Yea I was going to buy my own lap top.

And supposedly they'll give us a pda.

Anybody have the first year time schedule?

BeamerM3 said:
Not a time scedule.....

But here's the full D.D.S. curriculum and Fall/Spring breakdown for each year.

Seems overwhelming!!!

Scroll Down......

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/index.html

Yeah, I saw that too! First semester seems okay. Second semester seems tougher. But, I'd like to see what our time schedules look like though...

alright, I'm gonna hijack this thread...don't anyone make a move...ya heard

Has anyone heard back from NYU Fin Aid office regarding grants and such...I sent in my Fafsa a month ago, and still haven't received any word from them...wondering what's up

Carry on
Indy

Dying2beDDS said:
Were any of you accepted w/scores below 20 and are possibly out-of-state residents as well? I haven't seen a single person claim they've been accepted to NYU with lower than a 21AA.

me.

Update...Just called NYU Fin Aid...my student aid report was processed April 17th, should get something in the mail with final amounts this week.

So...I answered my own question, but at least its informative for the rest of us!

Indy

hey i am a current nyucd student and will be moving out of my apartment along with my roommate. it is a 2bedroom 1 bath and already furnished (couch , tv and such). If anybody is interested please email me back. the complex is 5 min walk from school and other students live in the building. the website of the building is www.watersideplaza.com.

Has anyone received an nyu student ID yet?

nyc girl 82 said:
Has anyone received an nyu student ID yet?
Yup, just received it yesterday...Doesn't really help though...at least for off campus housing...

hey people

i am planning on attending nyucd this fall. i know living in new jersey would be cheaper, but i would really prefer to live in the city without spending much time commuting. i am interested in living with one or 2 other female students and would not like to spend more than 800$/month on rent.

anyone interested in apt hunting with me?

HELL YEAH! I just got accepted today and my interview was on Friday!! Now does anyone need a roommate? Females or males... I don't care. Thanks and hope to see everyone in September! :D

I got the email yesterday as well.....pretty fast since I interviewed on friday as well.
mellowt said:
HELL YEAH! I just got accepted today and my interview was on Friday!! Now does anyone need a roommate? Females or males... I don't care. Thanks and hope to see everyone in September! :D

I believe we interviewed in the same group. I ate the sausage pita sandwich and was at the end of the table. :smuggrin:

where is everyone thinking of living? dorms, waterside, pcst?

DWade101 said:
where is everyone thinking of living? dorms, waterside, pcst?

It depends if I bring my dogs. If not, Waterside looks like a nice place to live. Upper East Side seems pretty convenient too. I've been on craigslist searching...