**NYU c/o 2010**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dwade101 - do you hoop? I'm anxious to see what it's like hoopin at NYU gyms. I think that whole first week of orientation I'll be hoopin! If anyone else wants to join that'd be cool.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm there dude, I'm always up for some hoops. It'd be wicked if we could find a good old fashioned asphalt court with a chain net, for some streetball, hehe.

Galen1 said:
I'm there dude, I'm always up for some hoops. It'd be wicked if we could find a good old fashioned asphalt court with a chain net, for some streetball, hehe.

Right on man... Hopefully we'll have many more that hoop! I'll definitely have to meet up with ya at orientation...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm down to ball anytime. I actually haven't played in years, but because I'm a big ogre, I'll just hustle for rebounds.

And I wonder how cool the Palladium really is? Anyone have an idea of how far away any of the NYU gyms are from the Graduate Housing dorms? The NYU-SDN crew definitely has to meet up during orientation. Peace!

dentwannabe said:
i suck but count me in.. luv me some b-ball.

Count me in... let's try to get some ballin time during orientation week, if at all possible

NYUCD2010 said:
Count me in... let's try to get some ballin time during orientation week, if at all possible

Hey guys (and gals),

Looks like we have some ballers up at NYUCD this summer! As orientation nears, I'll try and organize everyone together so we can play some ball! :thumbup:

Galen1 said:

Not sure if it has chain nets, but the boys play some ball on 19th and 2nd every now and then.

I'll ball even though I'm short, got no handles, and have not vertical leap or a shot that can hit a slow moving blimp. But I'll play as long as I get my one shot per game in. :laugh:

Do you guys know if Dents has an intramural team? If not we should try and set one up, or at least form a houseleague within Dents and Meds or something.

mellowt said:
I'll ball even though I'm short, got no handles, and have not vertical leap or a shot that can hit a slow moving blimp. But I'll play as long as I get my one shot per game in. :laugh:

As long as you can run up and down the court without getting confused wether you are on offense or defense I'd say you're good to go! Can you d-up? We need role players... :laugh:

galen1 - we should definitely get an intramural team going and play against the med school! We are gonna need to do these kind of things to keep our sanity during school.

Tennis anybody? I desparately need some people to play tennis with me.

drengineer said:

HAHA. I'm down for tennis. Ball, tennis, golf, any sport you can think of, just let me know. One of the guys had the right idea though. We should do get a intramural team going for football, soccer, basketball, any other team sport you can think of.

drengineer, are you good at tennis though? I suck and play primarily for cardio.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can join the intramural league at the NYu main campus that has teams from all over...undergrad, law, med, dent etc

plus the school has a few tourneys during the year....limited to within NYUCD...so they playt 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd vs 4th years....tonnes of fun!

i play tennis. used to play competitively. i'm a lefty

and i play soccer, a lot. i'll probably try and get guys together to join a weekend league.

Just got the acceptance this week so looks like I'll be joining you guys! I now feel like I have three months left to live so I'm partyin for the rest of the summer :)

xxJuiceDxx said:
HAHA. I'm down for tennis. Ball, tennis, golf, any sport you can think of, just let me know. One of the guys had the right idea though. We should do get a intramural team going for football, soccer, basketball, any other team sport you can think of.

drengineer, are you good at tennis though? I suck and play primarily for cardio.

you heard anything about the gym at nyu, as far as location and stuff, or you ocntemplating joining a seperate gym.

drengineer said:

I'll miss wiping the floor w/you! :laugh: I'm only joking, I used to be quite good, however lack of practice has probably caused my skills to descend down a downward spiral

Sowthpaw4 said:
you heard anything about the gym at nyu, as far as location and stuff, or you ocntemplating joining a seperate gym.

I heard the Palladium is nuts. I looked up the website and the gym has everything you'll need and more. Just gotta figure out how far away everything is from the dorms.

No separate gym for me because we pay for it through our tuition. As long as the Palladium, or the other smaller NYU gym I've heard of, has free weights and dumbbells over 100, doesn't matter where I go.

xxJuiceDxx said:
I heard the Palladium is nuts. I looked up the website and the gym has everything you'll need and more. Just gotta figure out how far away everything is from the dorms.

No separate gym for me because we pay for it through our tuition. As long as the Palladium, or the other smaller NYU gym I've heard of, has free weights and dumbbells over 100, doesn't matter where I go.

Palladium is on 14th and 3rd.... a decent 15 min walk from the dorms

Question for you ballers here. Can any of you guys dunk? If so, what kind of programs have you used or are you naturally athletic and explosive? I'm so close...help a brotha out. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am starting to look for an apt. near the dschool. Looking for a male roommate for a 2br apt, if anyone is interested pm me back and we'll talk.

xxJuiceDxx said:
Question for you ballers here. Can any of you guys dunk? If so, what kind of programs have you used or are you naturally athletic and explosive? I'm so close...help a brotha out. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:[/QUOTE

haha... :laugh: check your PM...

Hey guys!? TENNIS!? I LOVE TENNIS, im actually taking lessons right now! And when we are there during aug, there will be the US OPEN there! Anyways I am pretty sure that I am going to be going down to NYU but I might defer it to fall 07. Cant decide yet and time is running short. I guess I just want to defer because I want a year to really travel and do many things before another 4 years of school. Or have all of you thought about taking the year off too? Another BIG reason for me even thinking of deferring is because its already may and I want to live in the dorms, and since I just got the official acceptance letter (took a while even though they sent the email a month and a half ago) I still have not got the dorm applicatioN! I hear its really hard to find a decent place in NY, and I am working right now full time, atleast until July, so that doesnt leave much time for me to look for a place! AHHH anyways I just wanted to see what you all thought, and say hi to my future most likely classmates if i dont defer this year.

Basketball sounds good. I'm not bad, but I'm only 5'5". I've played in the lowest level IM leagues at UCLA as an undergrad, so all this bball talk is getting me all revved up. NYC bball sounds a bit intimidating...gotta step my game up!

absurdhippo said:
Basketball sounds good. I'm not bad, but I'm only 5'5". I've played in the lowest level IM leagues at UCLA as an undergrad, so all this bball talk is getting me all revved up. NYC bball sounds a bit intimidating...gotta step my game up!

oh yeah, everyone in my class dunks, even those that are sub 6'.

Seriously, last year in the all-NYU competition we came in second, behind only the law school, so you incoming rookies better be the missing piece to our championship teams : )

phremius said:

Seriously, last year in the all-NYU competition we came in second, behind only the law school, so you incoming rookies better be the missing piece to our championship teams : )

Sounds good... I'll be training for it then! :D

Damn lawyers always win it!

So I was looking over the welcome letters and came across this unfortunate statement. " Unless otherwise noted, appropriate professional attire is expected at all orientation events."

This really makes me feel old :(

DentalSkills said:
So I was looking over the welcome letters and came across this unfortunate statement. " Unless otherwise noted, appropriate professional attire is expected at all orientation events."

This really makes me feel old :(

haha yeah, I showed up in shorts and flipflops, there is no way in hell am I going in a suit with those kind of summer weathers. There was a few kids in suits there.... we laughed at them... a lot.

wear something business casual if that makes you feel better. I think at our orientation the majority did not wear a tie.

oh and bring your drinking stomachs

phremius said:
haha yeah, I showed up in shorts and flipflops, there is no way in hell am I going in a suit with those kind of summer weathers. There was a few kids in suits there.... we laughed at them... a lot.

wear something business casual if that makes you feel better. I think at our orientation the majority did not wear a tie.

oh and bring your drinking stomachs

So I don't have to wear a suit right? I don't want to be in a suit outdoors with the crappy summer weather New York gets (it gets humid right?). I sweat like a pig.

So Who Is Still Looking For A Roommate? Because I Am? I Prefer The Dorms For First Year, But If Someone Has Found An Apartment And Is Looking For A Roommate, I Am Interested. Thanks!

Hopefully I get my dorm apps this week but if that doesnt pan out I will be looking for a place sometime in July if anyone still hasn't found a place. Seems like most places want a roommate or to sign the lease now so i guess I'll wait.

Not sure if anyone saw this on the NYU web site but I thought it was a little weird. Stats for the 2004-2005 class.

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/characteristics.html

First question: Where are the caucasians?
Second question: Thats a lot of ASIAN people! Okay thats a statement but man :smuggrin: (I'm Asian American by the way.)

It's just one weird a$$ stat to have on the website.

mellowt said:
First question: Where are the caucasians?

How did you do on the DAT's QR?

total matriculants: 231
- total minorities: (7 - 5 - 1 - 110)
= 108 caucasians

Opps. HAHA! My bad... and I got 22.

... for sure. Unless, you were implying that the missing piece is someone who isn't sub-6 feet and who can dunk... wait, i think you were.

phremius said:

Just wondering but does anyone know when financial aid/loan money is distributed? And what are the chances of getting a space in a dorm if you haven't sent in the application or deposit yet? Thanks.

I just sent in my deposit to attend NYU in the fall. I'll see you guys in August!

Hey Mangs

Just wondering--have you guys done any private loan searching for the best deals with the lowest interest rates? Or have most of you settled for the popular citibank loan?

Thanks ya'll

for the people not in the dorms, are you guys moving in right before school starts or earlier in the summer?

DentalSkills said:
for the people not in the dorms, are you guys moving in right before school starts or earlier in the summer?

Right before school starts...1st week of August...

so wuts up with this PDA thing...do we or do we not have to get one before school starts...for some reason someone told me that the school gives out to each student but my friend told that was a typo or something....confused :confused: ...anyways...if we have to get a PDA on or own...do most people get a PDA that is also a phone?...sorree if this is a stupid question...lol...not really a gadget whiz...and ne good suggestions for one?....thanx...

has anyone set up or been able to set up their NETID?

so the term starts on aug 28th..Does anyone know how long of a break we get for xmas? specifically which dates? Also are we done June 1st or June 30th? Reason is because Im already planning some trips and I got a sweet deal for them right now, I just missed the admission's office for the weekend so I thought I'd ask you guys. Thanks!

Hey guys what's happening??? I know i was gone for quite a while. But yeah... im back. And yes... a while ago i filed my app with NYU housing.
So i guess i be living in the dorm for at least the first year. Freaking dorm life!

drengineer said:
Hey guys what's happening??? I know i was gone for quite a while. But yeah... im back. And yes... a while ago i filed my app with NYU housing.
So i guess i be living in the dorm for at least the first year. Freaking dorm life!

Are most of you guys dorming?! Seriously, apts are the way to go!!