NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congratulations!! Amazing I hope your interview goes well!
Congratulations to you as well! I hope both of our interviews go well and we hear some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There were about 7-8 people scheduled for interview on 22nd Feb.

I just randomly checked my portal and it was saying “ new update” - and was waitlisted ☹️
Hoping to get accepted soon.. any recommendations… should I send a letter of intent or call them? Please suggest? TIA
Hopefully the waitlist will move fast! Has anyone else who interviewed on Feb 22 heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet… I see the number of people increasing in the Facebook group though.
I think the Feb 15th interviews are joining the fb group, perhaps that's why?

What would you guys say are pros and cons for NYU excluding cost and large class size? From my research it seems like a great program and I'm very interested but a student I know from Rutgers said to not go as the program "sucks" and I would be "screwing myself over" but did not provide any reasons as to why so I was wondering if anyone had some insight.
Do not come to NYU!!! I'm a student at NYUCD, and it has been a really bad experience so far! Do not fall for their introduction video about this school....do not let them fool you... go somewhere else!!! ASAP!

!Warning! Do not come here! save your money and go somewhere else!!! This is a fair warning!

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Do not come to NYU!!! I'm a student at NYUCD, and it has been a really bad experience so far! Do not fall for their introduction video about this school....do not let them fool you... go somewhere else!!! ASAP!

!Warning! Do not come here! save your money and go somewhere else!!! This is a fair warning!
I think NYU is for those who can not make it to other school and still want to go to dental school so those going won't mind these challenges they already know the hurdle?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I think NYU is for those who can not make it to other school and still want to go to dental school so those going won't mind these challenges they already know the hurdle?
That certainly is not the case lol

Reactions: 1 users
P
I personally know 3+ people on the Army/Navy scholarship coming here for free and that's not even all of them, and tons of 23AA+ that are coming here because they want to, me being one of them. It's NYU, and it's NYC. People are going to come here. Regarding the comment above, yeah, things have been rough due to COVID, but I'm pretty sure it's the vocal minority that's making things sound worse than they are. Most of the people I know are happy here, and I know maybe 4-5 people who hate their lives here. You need to broaden your views from SDN if you think people come here because they can't get into another dental school.
it is actually half the class. Just know this: if you have take Neuroscience, be sure to review those notes really well.

It is a one cr class w/ 1 exam that determines if you repeat the year or just remediate the exam in the summer. Here it is not pass/fail.

Would it be a good idea to send a letter of intent if I haven't heard of a decision yet? I interviewed about a week ago.

P

it is actually half the class. Just know this: if you have take Neuroscience, be sure to review those notes really well.

It is a one cr class w/ 1 exam that determines if you repeat the year or just remediate the exam in the summer. Here it is not pass/fail.
Ok I assume you're a D1 since that's when intro to neuroscience is.

Of all the things you could have complained about (ie, administration), you complain about neuroscience being hard?!?! It's dental school. Did you come in expecting it to be easy!? Also, the test is 75% of your grade. You can pass the class even if you fail the test by a margin.

Word of advice, D2/D3 gets much harder.

Ok I assume you're a D1 since that's when intro to neuroscience is.

Of all the things you could have complained about (ie, administration), you complain about neuroscience being hard?!?! It's dental school. Did you come in expecting it to be easy!? Also, the test is 75% of your grade. You can pass the class even if you fail the test by a margin.

Word of advice, D2/D3 gets much harder.
I assume you are at NYU dental, could you please share your experience about NYU? How do you like it and maybe some things that are not so great? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume you are at NYU dental, could you please share your experience about NYU? How do you like it and maybe some things that are not so great? Thanks!
Sure.

Pros:
-Good clinical education - LARGE patient pool
-Some of the most compassionate professors you will ever meet
-Lots of exposure to specialties.
-Near 100% board passing rates, multiple professors actually write the boards
-Good education if you are motivated - You will learn a lot
-NYC life, school is also quite social. There's lots of great friends to be made
-One thing people sleep on is the professional connections you make.

Cons:
-Expensive - 400k tuition alone, before living (can add up to 650k if you're OOS)
-Administration **** - not great communication, decides things without telling you until you need to know
-Very little breaks - 4 weeks a year, some schools have like 6-12 weeks a year
-TOUGH curriculum (not p/f makes it worse) - no curves
-Most advance cases goes to specialty residents
-Stupid ass things like writing peer review for your classmates, and reflecting on what you learned (If there's one thing I would change it would be this first. This needs to go)
-Lots of classmates to compete against (honestly not a con for me, if you want to do well, you will know how much you need to study)

Reactions: 3 users
Sure.

Pros:
-NYC life, school is also quite social. There's lots of great friends to be made

Cons:
-Expensive - 400k tuition alone, before living (can add up to 650k if you're OOS)
-Administration **** - not great communication, decides things without telling you until you need to know
-Stupid ass things like writing peer review for your classmates, and reflecting on what you learned (If there's one thing I would change it would be this first. This needs to go)
-Lots of classmates to compete against (honestly not a con for me, if you want to do well, you will know how much you need to study)
This is great nicely explained short and sweet

Interviewed 2/18 and still haven't received a decision after 2 weeks. Anyone else experiencing this?

Interviewed 2/22 haven't heard back yet!

Congratulation, good luck on ur journey!! do they call when you get accepted or do you find it in your portal?
You get a vague 'NYU Dentistry: Status Update' titled email and you have to log on to your portal to find out the decision

Sure.

Pros:

Cons:
This is really helpful and thank you so much for your insights !

Waitlisted! Interviewed 2/25! Does anybody know how fast the waitlist moves? :( NYU is my top choice and it's getting late in the cycle.

it is known for nyu to accept students who otherwise wouldn’t get into other schools. that’s why their remediation rate is so high because they accept applicants with sub par stats. a lot of applicants know this and apply there for that reason (including myself). if you have that high of stats and decide to go to nyu then that’s your choice and i’m sure you’ll do really well in the program!
But did you get in yet ? I have seen you in a lot of threads, including those from two cycles ago.

this is my second cycle. I was waitlisted at nyu last cycle, improved my app and i have 2 acceptances this cycle. i withdrew my app from nyu.
Based on your experience, do you know if schools still send interviews beyond March? If I don't get an interview this month, is it over for me in this cycle?

I interviewed 2/25 and I havnt heard anything yet, im stressing out. Is there anything we can do at this point?

it is known for nyu to accept students who otherwise wouldn’t get into other schools. that’s why their remediation rate is so high because they accept applicants with subpar stats. a lot of applicants know this and apply there for that reason (including myself). if you have that high of stats and decide to go to nyu then that’s your choice and i’m sure you’ll do really well in the program!
Lol, then why does dental school explorer report above average DATs for NYU matriculants? Hmmm, maybe it’s because you drank the koolaid. “It is known.” Bro, get off SDN, I’ve seen you beg NYU for an acceptance for two whole cycles and they still haven’t accepted you, but yet you have two other acceptances.

Many reports were received and the offending off-topic, argumentative posts have been deleted. No matter your opinion on the school, please keep your messages professional.

Reactions: 2 users
it is known for nyu to accept students who otherwise wouldn’t get into other schools. that’s why their remediation rate is so high because they accept applicants with subpar stats. a lot of applicants know this and apply there for that reason (including myself). if you have that high of stats and decide to go to nyu then that’s your choice and i’m sure you’ll do really well in the program!
Their average dat is a 21 and 5th percentile score is 19, super subpar….

this is my second cycle. I was waitlisted at nyu last cycle, improved my app and i have 2 acceptances this cycle. i withdrew my app from nyu.
thread #805
Just based on my pure observations, I don't think you ever got in NYU. I am not trying to be annoying but there are quite many people whom I have talked to that got multiple acceptances and decide to go NYU. The reality to these admissions is, you really just need one acceptance to be a dentist.

what is your point of mentioning that thread? i never said i got into nyu lol i said i interviewed there last cycle. if some decides to go to nyu over other schools, im sure they don’t have to worry about finances. if nyu is your only acceptance and if you’re comfortable being in 700k debt you should definitely go. since you’ve been stalking my page and finding my posts from 2020 i suggest you look up on this forum the amount of people who’ve remediated and got kicked out of nyu, then decide if you’re comfortable attending a school that has no remorse for their students.
You said this is your second cycle but the records showing otherwise is what’s bothering me. Integrity and honesty are important in dentistry.

Accepted today, interviewed February 25th.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guy, let's just keep this forum healthy together. I am here for the healthy tea of people getting accepted, interviewed, or sadly rejected to observe how this cycle is going and share joy and tears with them. Please keep your personal attacks or unrelated opinions away. This is not why this thread is created from the beginning. Thank you for reading this.

Reactions: 5 users
It is very quiet so no more new acceptances or waitlist this week or for that matter any one interviewing next week? Hopefully, it will move faster now. good luck to all of hose waiting to hear back. like this if you are one of those so we can know how many are in actually interested in hearing from NYU.

Rejected today with no interview offer. Good luck to everyone else. NYU was my dream dental school. I'm going to be a reapplicant but that's okay time to improve my application for next cycle

Rejected today with no interview offer. Good luck to everyone else. NYU was my dream dental school. I'm going to be a reapplicant but that's okay time to improve my application for next cycle
I'm so sorry to hear. Keep on going -- you can accomplish anything you set your mind to!

do they tell you to contact them where to improve or something? i had few universities when they send ask me to contact them to have one on one so we can take note of it. Not sure how useful that could be and I did not need that anyway so did not bother on that so if it is your prefered school it is good opportunity I guess. good luck.

You’ve tried hard and will do great in the next one! Def agree with reaching out to ask about feedback for your app.

Has anyone from the March 2nd interview received a decision yet?

Has anyone from the March 2nd interview received a decision yet?
How many interviewed on your interview day? I doubt if there is enough number of students here on SDN so to find anyone for particular day would be tough but no news is good news so just wait I am sure you will get in with Mar 15 deadline for most school for deposit, few will move out this week.

Update: I received an acceptance today (Mar 15, 2:20 PM) after interviewing on Mar 2.

Reactions: 4 users