Official 2005 Rejection Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmjannie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Geesh, the rejections have started already...sigh...

Rejected from the University of Nebraska today (07/15/04).

Also, is there any way we can condense the Secondary threads into one thread...I am sick of having to check 4 or 5 threads for updates.

Cheers,
KJ

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected from Miami Med:

"Unfortunately, you do not meet the GPA requirement established by the faculty for sending secondary applications to non-Florida residents. Our decision not to continue the application process with you is simply a reflection of the high standards set by the faculty for admission of non-Florida residents and the large number of applications that we receive."

#1: I thought Miami is a private school.
#2: Does anyone else see the self-gloss in this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I don't have to post on this thread again :luck:

IllinoisStudent said:
I hope I don't have to post on this thread again :luck:
Unless you have a 44T, a 4.0 from a top 20 undergrad and brought democracy to Cuba in the third grade, don't worry, you'll inevitably post here again.

TheFlash said:
Unless you have a 44T, a 4.0 from a top 20 undergrad and brought democracy to Cuba in the third grade, don't worry, you'll inevitably post here again.

So true. :thumbup:

Anyone get a rejection email?

TheFlash said:

blast! I only brought democracy to Fiji

Well, It could have been worse

The could have sent you a secondary, chaged you $100 bucks, and THEN rejected you.

TheFlash said:
So with a 45T I'm golden, right????

:smuggrin:

TheFlash said:

no, sorry, that won't do it. admission committees will see cuba's current communism as a sign of poor leadership as the democracy obviously wasn't a self-sustaining program.

Count me in, Miami and their stupid little out of state GPA cutoff. I wish the a-holes would post that policy on their website or in the MSAR so that we don't have to waste each others time and money. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
TheFlash said:

Thanks Flash. Thanks for breaking down my dream castle +pity+

TravellinDoc said:
Count me in, Miami and their stupid little out of state GPA cutoff. I wish the a-holes would post that policy on their website or in the MSAR so that we don't have to waste each others time and money. :mad:

Actually, the GPA cutoff for non-residents is explicity stated in the MSAR: "Non-Floridians must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.6 to receive a secondary application."

Just Applied said:
what is their out of state GPA cut off?
Like someone said before, it's a 3.6 and they DO NOT look at graduate gpa for out of staters no matter how well you did. Guess this means I will officially be posting here for a rejection from UM too. :(

dfleis said:
You know, Hinkley's license plate says "MDMAKER" ...
oh goodie, this means you know what car he drives :smuggrin:

TheFlash said:
I guarantee you I won't post here for THAT reason! I may post to say something else...but not "I got rejected". Sorry...too much faith to accept that!

EvoDevo said:
So with a 45T I'm golden, right????

:smuggrin:

Yeah mang, now it's just time for you to kick back and enjoy your 100% acceptance rate. :horns:

rhlmdmph2b said:
I guarantee you I won't post here for THAT reason! I may post to say something else...but not "I got rejected". Sorry...too much faith to accept that!

You're a crappy troll.

Yaweh is much better.

Unfortunately, bringing democracy to Cuba in the third grade wouldn't even help... damn post-secondary experiences. ;)

Is it customary for all schools that screen for secondaries to send a "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail; or do you just keep waiting and waiting until you give up (Bueller...)

Wow!!! Cool, people are already getting rejected and I'm still sitting on waitlists from the previous cycle. What a twisted system. Reform is needed!!!

Bump..Still wondering about the rejection thing(post #24), someone must know.

Sometimes they say "thanks but no thanks" other schools you just never hear from. Most schools will send out secondaries "en masse" though...the more the better $$$$ for their pockets...

TheFlash said:
You're a crappy troll.

Yaweh is much better.
WHAT?! I'm NOT a troll. I really feel that way!! You'll see!!

Blast. I got the ol' rejection from Wake today... I guess I knew it was coming after I didn't receive a secondary from them. Well, on a happy note, I plan to go out to dinner on the secondary fee that I've saved. And I'll toast Wake for the evening out

TheFlash said:

Does it have to be cuba?

MegADoc? said:
Blast. I got the ol' rejection from Wake today... I guess I knew it was coming after I didn't receive a secondary from them. Well, on a happy note, I plan to go out to dinner on the secondary fee that I've saved. And I'll toast Wake for the evening out

That is an excellent attitude! I only hope I can muster such a response when I receive my own rejections...

I got my first rejection today, Wake Forest. Im going to start a pile, and then, when I get accepted Burn the bastards!!!!

Hopefully, it wont be a bonfire.

hi,
does anybody know what;s wake's cut off? I only have about a 3.4 GPA and taking the august mcat. How well you have to do to get a secondary from them?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think this thread will slip so far from here on out...

kidgorgeous said:
hi,
does anybody know what;s wake's cut off? I only have about a 3.4 GPA and taking the august mcat. How well you have to do to get a secondary from them?
Thanks.
If your MCAT is decent, I have a feeling that you'll get a secondary invite from Wake.

Originally Posted by IndyZX
Unfortunately, I don't think this thread will slip so far from here on out...
yup, in a coupla weeks its gonna be mighty interesting 'round these parts...

Which schools do y'all think will tell ya straight up? Beside Wake, of course...

UCSF and Stanford are the bigtime schools that throwdown. I appreciate it, though. Makes me feel like I'm not wasting money if I'm lucky enough to get a secondary application from them.

Now that I think about it: UMich if you don't receive a secondary, OHSU.....

mdsh00 said:
Rejected from Miami Med:

"Unfortunately, you do not meet the GPA requirement established by the faculty for sending secondary applications to non-Florida residents. Our decision not to continue the application process with you is simply a reflection of the high standards set by the faculty for admission of non-Florida residents and the large number of applications that we receive."

#1: I thought Miami is a private school.
#2: Does anyone else see the self-gloss in this?

don't take it personally - the Florida schools are like that. It's all about the numbers. . .

SMACK!!
Got the Rejection from Wake today..

Oh in response to the person who said "if you have decent MCAT scores you should get a secondary"
I got a 30S... apparently that isn't good enough these days.

ha ha.. oh well.. i just bought myself a present tonight anyway with my "wake application fee"

bastards!

I dont think its the MCAt that cuts you off. I beleive its the GPA. I got a 30 also and did recieve the secondary.

premyo2002 said:
I got my first rejection today, Wake Forest. Im going to start a pile, and then, when I get accepted Burn the bastards!!!!

Hopefully, it wont be a bonfire.

Try the following site for information on kerry.

www.swiftvets.com

Just Applied said:
I dont think its the MCAt that cuts you off. I beleive its the GPA. I got a 30 also and did recieve the secondary.

Well then my 3.74 GPA must have hurt me :laugh:

PreMedAdAG said:
Well then my 3.74 GPA must have hurt me :laugh:
Hrm. I guess that they DO read the whole application. :eek:

*edit* what I meant to say was, I guess that Wake isn't an auto-screen.....

evo.. i think you're right......................but....... that kinda makes me sad to think about.. I'm a pretty cool chick!

Last edited:
wow thats better than my 3.66. My 30 must have been different from yours by section that is. If that is not the reason then i dont know how it works.

Plus i just checke dyour profile. I have no idea how their pre-screening works

Just Applied said:
wow thats better than my 3.66. My 30 must have been different from yours by section that is. If that is not the reason then i dont know how it works.

Plus i just checke dyour profile. I have no idea how their pre-screening works

Can someboday post a rejection letter, so I can what one looks like?

Jason