**Official 2008-2009 Interview Invite Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UVAbme2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to jack 2008's swag here.

Note:

For all SDNers freaking out and thinking "OMG these people have interviews and I don't!!!!"......It is still very early and interviews occur from august until mid next year, so relax.

Rules:

****UPDATING THE LIST: FOOL-PROOF (HOPEFULLY)****
1. Click "QUOTE" for the MOST updated list. (Please make sure you wait for the page to fully load and scroll down :p)
2. Delete [] containing QUOTE=USER;####### at the beginning of the post.
3. Delete [] containing /QUOTE at the end of the post
4. Add your USER and pertinent dates such as secondary completion, invitation date, scheduled interview date, and IS, in-state, or OOS, out of state, in ()
5. If necessary add the school and highlight and click the BOLD icon.
6. Title your post with the school(s) you received an interview at.
Only people who likely have interviews thus far are UMich auto-invites. Judging by last year's thread, we are likely to start seeing the first interview invites come in during the next two weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there a link to last years thread? I am apparently bad at the internet, and can't find it right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys got me all excited when I saw that there were posts here....I thought people were getting invites!!!

You guys got me all excited when I saw that there were posts here....I thought people were getting invites!!!
Judging by last year, we may see some invites going out this week!

Only people who likely have interviews thus far are UMich auto-invites. Judging by last year's thread, we are likely to start seeing the first interview invites come in during the next two weeks!

Don't forget about Texas! They've started sending invites in early July.

University of Louisville has already started sending out interview invites. I've got one scheduled for August 20th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am in state. I finalized my secondary on 6/30. I got the interview invite on 7/18.

I guess we should get this list formatted correctly, huh? I put this in quotes so it wouldn't show up in every subsequent post

1. Click "QUOTE" for the MOST updated list. (Please make sure you wait for the page to fully load and scroll down :p)
4. Add your USER and pertinent dates such as secondary completion, invitation date, scheduled interview date, and IS, in-state, or OOS, out of state, in ()

University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Interview 8/20)

University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Interview 8/20)

it might be helpful to add the date they got the interview invite as well as the interview date

Yes. Please add all pertinent information! :thumbup:

University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/20)

Texas Tech, El Paso - thesecretgarden (invite 7/7; interview 8/14; IS)
University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/20)
UT Houston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/17; interview 8/22; IS)
UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15; IS)

I also got an interview at the University of Louisville. I submitted my secondary on 7/10/08, was notified of my interview on 7/18/08. The interview is for 8/21/08. Stem, did you look at the info for last year's interviews at UK and Vandy? The people that got interviews at UK completed things late and were still getting interviews in September. I dunno about Vandy, but it looked like August 4th was the earliest that anyone heard anything.

I also got an interview at the University of Louisville. I submitted my secondary on 7/10/08, was notified of my interview on 7/18/08. The interview is for 8/21/08. Stem, did you look at the info for last year's interviews at UK and Vandy? The people that got interviews at UK completed things late and were still getting interviews in September. I dunno about Vandy, but it looked like August 4th was the earliest that anyone heard anything.

In-state?

UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15; IS
UTMB Galveston - bozz (invite 7/22; interview 9/05;OOS)

Texas Tech, El Paso - thesecretgarden invite 7/7; interview 8/14; IS)
UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15 IS); bozz (invite 7/22; interview 9/05;OOS)

DO NOT ERASE
1) click quote on the most recent list
2) Delete the quote messages on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, pertinent dates, any other pertinent info, and if needed the school.
4) click submit

Last edited:
Anyone else nervous about the logistics of the interview?
Fly there, find a hotel, then what? take a cab.. wouldn't that be hella expensive?

UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15 IS); bozz (invite 7/22; interview 9/05;OOS)

DO NOT ERASE
3) add your user name, pertinent dates, any other pertinent info, and if needed the school.
4)click submit

You're missing a space between the "4)" and "click"

Fly there, find a hotel, then what? take a cab.. wouldn't that be hella expensive?

Yes. But so is the rest of the process. Also, most schools have student host programs so you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel or a cab (sometimes the student lives close enough or offers to take you), so it can be a bit cheaper.

has anyone else gotten the tulane secondary? I've gotten most of mine, but not theirs yet.

has anyone else gotten the tulane secondary? I've gotten most of mine, but not theirs yet.

I received Tulane's secondary email on 7/18. Don't worry, they are probably just busy. It will come!

UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15 IS); bozz (invite 7/22; interview 9/05;OOS); lainapox (invite 7/22; interview 8/29; OOS)

UTMB Galveston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/8; interview 8/15 IS); bozz (invite 7/22; interview 9/05;OOS); lainapox (invite 7/22; interview 8/29; OOS)

DO NOT ERASE
3) add your user name, pertinent dates, any other pertinent info, and if needed, the school.
4) click submit

University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/20) jedirunner (secondary 7/10; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/21)

DO NOT ERASE
3) add your user name, pertinent dates, any other pertinent info, and if needed, the school.
4) click submit

To answer a previous question, I am in state. Also, neither stm1313 nor I are early decision.

University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/20) jedirunner (secondary 7/10; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/21; IS)
UT Houston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/17; interview 8/22; IS), rowerlauren (invite 7/22; interview 8/22; IS)

DO NOT ERASE
4) click submit

There are a bunch more invited in the Republic of Texas thread for the TX schools.

Florida International University- redrumi (invite 7/24; interview tbd; IS)
University of Louisville - stm1313 (secondary 6/30; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/20) jedirunner (secondary 7/10; Invite 7/18; Interview 8/21; IS)
UT Houston - thesecretgarden (invite 7/17; interview 8/22; IS), rowerlauren (invite 7/22; interview 8/22; IS)

DO NOT ERASE
4) click submit

Florida International University- redrumi, Shriken (invite 7/24; interview tbd; IS)

Florida International University- redrumi, Shriken (invite 7/24; interview tbd; IS)

DO NOT ERASE!
4) click submit

I can't wait to be able to post in this thread :(

Crap, I missed something. Why is "Delete" capitalized, but not "click," "add," and the second "click" ? =D

Oh, and why is the sentence beginning with "add" the only one to contain a period?

It seems like last year, a number of schools had given out invites by around this date (VCU for one - Tulane for another, although they switched to online this year and it is so buggy that I bet it will be a while for them)... maybe we will start to see some action in this thread soon

all of these non interview invite posts in this thread that bump it make me nervous!!! cool it!

Florida International University- redrumi, Shriken, yojoeshmoe (invite 7/24; interview tbd; IS)

DO NOT ERASE!
4) click submit

Status
Not open for further replies.