Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never before has a stranger on the internet convinced me to change careers like this lol.
So are you officially registering for the LSAT? Haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a great campus, I know quite a bit about it there, I'd love to get an II from there :)
oh same here! that's not an issue - I really liked it when I researched it - that's why I put St. Luke's and I would go there in a heartbeat but I thought if SL rejected me, then I would have a shot at their other campuses!

oh same here! that's not an issue - I really liked it when I researched it - that's why I put St. Luke's and I would go there in a heartbeat but I thought if SL rejected me, then I would have a shot at their other campuses!
Yeah that's what I thought at first too! It seems like that on the app but my cousin told me they only give you a shot at your first choice

I heard though that the chances of II/acceptance aren't any different when applying to main or st Luke's

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously though, I have a 3.5-3.65 from a prestigious grade deflating school and top 1% MCAT. Assuming I can match that performance on the LSAT, do I have a chance? Standardized testing in general is oddly easy for me.

Lol. I got a 99th percentile Mcat and I'm considering my options as a professional standardized test taker.

Reactions: 3 users
Down to 7 schools. Rejected yesterday from Northwestern. Still not a single II :(

Members don't see this ad :)
What's "PR"? I got the northwestern rejection as well. Chin up, cycle isn't over yet and you still have quite a few schools left :)

Puerto Rico.
Also got the NU rejection.

A rose for the only Valentine I need this year. But I'll be expecting a valentine in return, preferably in the form of an acceptance.

f13b4d98-841d-421c-a6d1-b8c459307af6.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Puerto Rico.
Also got the NU rejection.
I always forget Puerto Rico is considered to be a US territory. American geography is definitely not my strength :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm done, received most of my rejections within the last 2 days except for SUNY's and Albany ( I can assume Albany is "no", since IIs just went out this week). Well, I'm at the Acceptance phase now, which is good. 3 interviews, One wait list, waiting for a response from 2 others. It is what it is. Good luck everyone. Trying to give this site a rest. Will post any of my "results"..

I'm done, received most of my rejections within the last 2 days except for SUNY's and Albany ( I can assume Albany is "no", since IIs just went out this week). Well, I'm at the Acceptance phase now, which is good. 3 interviews, One wait list, waiting for a response from 2 others. It is what it is. Good luck everyone. Trying to give this site a rest. Will post any of my "results"..

Good luck! I'll be waiting to hear news from you! Enjoy your vacation from SDN.

I wish I was at the acceptance phase +pity+

Reactions: 4 users
Best of luck with everything!

Got accepted at one of my state schools today!!!!!

Applied:13 II: 1 Acceptances: 1 Pre-II hold: 1 Rejected: 8 Silence: 3

This whole time I've been silently freaking out because I only had one interview and every time I saw the "interview 3, a doctor you'll be" thing I broke out into a cold sweat. You only need one everyone, you only need one. Everyone in this thread has showed such kindness and passion and I 100% believe in each and every one of you. We are all going to be doctors. Keep the hope alive, you can do this. If anyone needs to vent or talk about anything, feel free to PM me. I've been there, this process is so incredibly humbling, but I know you are all going to make it out on the other side. I am so proud of everyone in this thread, this is the best corner of sdn. Everyone here has handled this process with such grace and compassion, you are going to make excellent physicians. You are smart, hard working, wonderful human beings who have accomplished so much and who are going to accomplish so much more. You have come this far, you are going to go all the way, I just know it.

Reactions: 37 users

This whole time I've been silently freaking out because I only had one interview and every time I saw the "interview 3, a doctor you'll be" thing I broke out into a cold sweat. You only need one everyone, you only need one. Everyone in this thread has showed such kindness and passion and I 100% believe in each and every one of you. We are all going to be doctors. Keep the hope alive, you can do this. If anyone needs to vent or talk about anything, feel free to PM me. I've been there, this process is so incredibly humbling, but I know you are all going to make it out on the other side. I am so proud of everyone in this thread, this is the best corner of sdn. Everyone here has handled this process with such grace and compassion, you are going to make excellent physicians. You are smart, hard working, wonderful human beings who have accomplished so much and who are going to accomplish so much more. You have come this far, you are going to go all the way, I just know it.
Oh my god that's awesome!

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! :D

Thank you, I'm so happy for you too, I see that (accepted)!!

@bananafish94 thank you so much, I am rooting for you!

@Monophasic thank you!!! congratulations to you too, I hope you are celebrating on the daily.

@whatsupdr @chocolate23 Thank you both, I can't wait to be congratulating you two when you get accepted!

@catie_jane thank you!!!! I know that stuff is made in Maine, but I'm Polish, so that just feels right. <3

Thank you to everyone in this thread too, for all of your encouragement and advice, you all are incredible people.

Last edited:

Congrats! You must be so excited! Celebrate!

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just took a shot of Poland Spring gin in your honor

Congrats!! Really happy for you!!!!

AHHHH!!!! YAYY!!! CONGRATS!!! so so happy for you!!!

Hey guys just wanted to share some encouragement, was talking to my cousin today and she got her only IIs her cycle either around this time or after this time. 2 she got in March, so there's hope still for more IIs :)

Hoping for some Valentine's Day miracles soon! If not, at least there will be all that discounted chocolate.

Reactions: 7 users
Hoping for some Valentine's Day miracles soon! If not, at least there will be all that discounted chocolate.

here's to receiving interview invites this week! #idratherhaveaninterviewthanchocolate #thatsaysalotfrommesinceIlovechocolate #butIlovemedicalschoolinterviewinvitesevenmore #okdonewiththehashtags

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys just wanted to share some encouragement, was talking to my cousin today and she got her only IIs her cycle either around this time or after this time. 2 she got in March, so there's hope still for more IIs :)
Thats Good News!!!! But I have an invite for March worried its too late. Going to an invite Wednesday!! I love you guys !! Lets get this!!!
Oh Happy Valentines!!! xox

Reactions: 2 users
Good News I have an invite for March worried its too late. Going to an invite Wednesday!! I love you guys !! Lets get this!!!
Oh Happy Valentines!!! xox
Awesome, you'll do great!! She got the invites in March too (interviewed in March as well but the actual invite was in March) so there's hope for even more II's for all of us!

Awesome, you'll do great!! She got the invites in March too (interviewed in March as well but the actual invite was in March) so there's hope for even more II's for all of us!
I think some will go out..I was talking to an MD the other day ....he said the next wave will go out...but who knows..his son went through it too..I'm worried I have to admit..Due to the 2 interviews I had..Post Interview Rejection and a waitlist happy day!! But I am lucky to have to two more...but I wonder why they didnt take me ..I have to get pretty lucky....I wish you all the best of luck from the bottom of my heart!!

Last edited:
I think some will go out..I was talking to an MD the other day ....he said the next wave will go out...but who knows..his son went through it too..I'm worried I have to admit..Due to the 2 interviews I had..Post Interview Rejection and a waitlist happy day!! But I am lucky to have to two more...but I wonder why they didnt take me ..I have to get pretty lucky....I wish you all the best of luck from the bottom of my heart!!
I'm sure you'll do great at these next two! Wondering why my interviews didn't take me as well, but just hoping for more invites at this point or wait list movement!

Got my very first II today! It really does happen. Don't give up guys!

Reactions: 18 users
Sorry Chocolate :( Did you hear anything from DO as yet?
Nope. I called the schools and they said to keep on waiting that the interview cycles go on till April.

I did add more to my list after calling more DO schools - hopefully one of them will be fruitful? who knows. I am just really sad at this point.

Nope. I called the schools and they said to keep on waiting that the interview cycles go on till April.

I did add more to my list after calling more DO schools - hopefully one of them will be fruitful? who knows. I am just really sad at this point.
Don't be sad, someone will bite. Been seeing a lot of IIs go out this week and last week. Don't lose hope yet :)