*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks, everyone @rs224 @dentalgem524 @sexylife ... in retrospect, yes, I can say that 26 schools was way too much. But back when I was applying, I thought my GPA was a major red flag. I also spent a lot of time on SDN forums looking at applicants with similar stats to mine who would apply to like 10+ schools, interview at 10+, and only get into 1 or 2. Who knows, I may not even get into any of the ones I applied to! The dream is UCSF!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, everyone @rs224 @dentalgem524 @sexylife ... in retrospect, yes, I can say that 26 schools was way too much. But back when I was applying, I thought my GPA was a major red flag. I also spent a lot of time on SDN forums looking at applicants with similar stats to mine who would apply to like 10+ schools, interview at 10+, and only get into 1 or 2. Who knows, I may not even get into any of the ones I applied to! The dream is UCSF!

I believe in you! My friend just graduated from UCSF dental and you had far more impressive EC/experience than she did, so I think you will do great during the interview process. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Nah you did what you had to. You're set. don't worry be confident you got the hardest part over with lol aka getting the interview.

16th interview invite:

School: UCSF
Notification Date: September 20
Method of Notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail Out Date: June 13
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT: 23AA/21TS/23PAT/none under 20

If it's actually your 16th, well-done

Interview #6

School: UNLV
Notification date: 9/20
Method of notification: email
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/2
GPA Verified 6/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.74 oGPA:3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19 TS 18 PAT 21 RC 22. None Below 17

You had UNE also right?

my GPA is kind of on the low side: oGPA 3.35 (gradGPA: 3.40), and I'm OOS for Rutgers

Rutgers does not care about IS or OOS. They aren't like other schools that really restrict themselves to IS. They just care about numbers.

Unfortunately it's been silence from UNE.

So far ive gotten invites from:
MW-AZ
LECOM
MW-IL
Indiana
MOSDOH
UNLV

If you have gone to LECOM already, how was it?

If you have gone to LECOM already, how was it?

Went really well!!! Let me know if oh have any specific questions I can answer.. Just drop me a PM.

Great school and provides a good life/school balance. All the students seemed genuinely happy and enthused about their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I'm hoping to hear from both UoP and Tufts. Out of curiosity, what time did you receive your phone call from UoP?

They called around 10 am on Friday. I missed the call but she left me a call back number and I called her back the following Monday

Rutgers does not care about IS or OOS. They aren't like other schools that really restrict themselves to IS. They just care about numbers.

This is true that they don't care whether you are IS or OOS. Today at my interview Dr. Chaviano said they try to have as much geographic diversity as possible.

Awesome! Thank you so much! Congrats on your interviews!!

Interview #7

School: Edited

Last edited:
Man, I can't figure out why I've gotten no interviews this cycle. 3 pre-Dec my first time.......added a year of 4.0 GPA grad school and a far better set of letters, more shadowing, ECs. Not a peep this year! You guys are making me jealous.

2nd Interview!

School: Temple
Notification Date: September 22
Method of Notification: email
Residency: MD
AADSAS Mail Out Date: July 1
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.78
DAT: 21AA/20TS/23PAT

Reactions: 2 users
Man, I can't figure out why I've gotten no interviews this cycle. 3 pre-Dec my first time.......added a year of 4.0 GPA grad school and a far better set of letters, more shadowing, ECs. Not a peep this year! You guys are making me jealous.

I'm sure you will hear back soon! :)
Where did you interview at last year, if you don't mind me asking?

Interview #7

School: UNLV

AADSAS status changed to "Invited for Interview" on 9/21, but I never received an email from them. I ended up calling them today and finally got the email. Unfortunately all interview spots for 2016 are filled, and I have to schedule for a Jan interview.

I'm not an US resident and thus applied to 20 schools to be safe. My stats are not particularly fantastic, maybe my 24AA is the most shining part. I am hoping for at least 10 pre-Dec interviews.

Great.

Interview #3

Notification date: 9/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Supplement complete date: 8/23
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.5 oGPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/TS 25/PAT 22/RC 24/None

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What is considered too late for pre-december interviews? I'm getting a little nervous here because I've only gotten one interview so far (UDM), which I'm very excited about, but I was kinda hoping for more by now. :/

My mail out date was 8/26/19.
GPA: 3.88 oGPA, 3.81 sGPA
DAT: 22AA/22TS/21 PAT/19 RC/None below 17
While Adcoms are capable of many things, looking into the future is not one of them. This may be your issue.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #3

Notification date: 9/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Supplement complete date: 8/23
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.5 oGPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/TS 25/PAT 22/RC 24/None
What school are you going in PA?

Rejection #2

School: Nova
Notification date: 9/25/2016
Method of notification: USPS Mail
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA/DAT: Click on name

Suffice to say, DAT AA is the factor for this school.

Rejection #2

School: Nova
Notification date: 9/25/2016
Method of notification: USPS Mail
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA/DAT: Click on name

Suffice to say, DAT AA is the factor for this school.

Have you received any interview other than this unjustified early rejection. I mean you have really powerful stat it's so weird that you would receive a rejection this early. Someone like you would get an interview at all school that apply to Unless you have a significant red flag in your application !

Have you received any interview other than this unjustified early rejection. I mean you have really powerful stat it's so weird that you would receive a rejection this early. Someone like you would get an interview at all school that apply to Unless you have a significant red flag in your application !

One interview this cycle so far. Thanks for the kind words. No red flags here. It's not my first cycle and I've spoken to adcoms to get an idea of what past rejections were for. I've received input from not enough community service to lack of life experience. I've significantly increased both since previous cycles. Unfortunately, it's luck of the draw and a DAT of 19AA even with a high postbacc Masters GPA doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything. There's people on here with a 24AA who haven't had any interview invites yet so I'm grateful to have one so far.

One interview this cycle so far. Thanks for the kind words. No red flags here. It's not my first cycle and I've spoken to adcoms to get an idea of what past rejections were for. I've received input from not enough community service to lack of life experience. I've significantly increased both since previous cycles. Unfortunately, it's luck of the draw and a DAT of 19AA even with a high postbacc Masters GPA doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything. There's people on here with a 24AA who haven't had any interview invites yet so I'm grateful to have one so far.

Haha I have a 24 AA, and like you I also have 1 interview (OSU) and 2 rejections (Iowa and Buffalo)

"DAT doesn't matter that much, Jon Snuh" (Ygritte voice).

Haha I have a 24 AA, and like you I also have 1 interview (OSU) and 2 rejections (Iowa and Buffalo)

"DAT doesn't matter that much, Jon Snuh" (Ygritte voice).

Did you get an actual rejection notification from Buffalo rather than the continuing review email?

Congrats on landing an interview at OSU

Did you get an actual rejection notification from Buffalo rather than the continuing review email?

Congrats on landing an interview at OSU

I got both a continuing review email from Buffalo and deferment from Iowa lol, so I guess it's a soft rejection, but still. To be fair, they were among the 4 random schools I decided to designate in mid-September because I was freaked out that the ones I applied to in July weren't responding, so I didn't expect much. Not even mad tho because I scored an interview from my in state school so does anything else really matter

I got both a continuing review email from Buffalo and deferment from Iowa lol, so I guess it's a soft rejection, but still. To be fair, they were among the 4 random schools I decided to designate in mid-September because I was freaked out that the ones I applied to in July weren't responding, so I didn't expect much. Not even mad tho because I scored an interview from my in state school so does anything else really matter

Are you saying that the buffalo sent you that email only within a week?

What does "lack of life experience" mean?

Reactions: 2 users
What does "lack of life experience" mean?

Life experience, from what I understand in my discussion, is outside activity aside from volunteering, clubs & organizations, and part-time jobs. So, in essence, they would advise you to show more maturity by finding a sort of career where you can use some of those classes you studied, or techniques you've learned in lab, to a career in some industry, office, research & development, etc. Most of us, as applicants, all have the same thing: full credit course load, part-time job 24-32 hours a week, EC, etc. etc. So I guess their intention is doing something to stand out besides that.

if anyone has had an interview with LECOM, what were your stats?

Any idea about Michigan, Roseman, MWU-IL, LECOM-FL, CASE, Tufts, Louisville, or Maryland?
I'm guessing Roseman might. I just got an interview from them two weeks ago for this Friday. It seemed like they had more available days.

Interview # 4
School: Buffalo
Application complete date: 09/14/16
Notification: Email
DAT: 22 AA/ 22 TS

Goodluck to everyone out there. we got this:highfive:

Reactions: 4 users
Interivew #2
School: Stonybrook!!
Notification date: 9/26
GPA: Sci:3.74 Overall: 3.72
DAT:
DAT: PA:18 QR:22 RC:21 BIO:26 CHEM: 22 ORGO: 21 AA:22
Residency: NY
ADEA mail out date: 7/8

EXCITED!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm guessing Roseman might. I just got an interview from them two weeks ago for this Friday. It seemed like they had more available days.

Congrats on your interview! What are your stats?