*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you are notified via the portal, does it show up in "school decisions"? Or you get a message?
I was notified via the Midwestern portal, not AADSAS. On the MWU-AZ portal, on the left hand side, under "Pre-Accepted", click "Interview Scheduling." If you have been invited to interview, it will allow you to schedule an interview. If not, it will tell you you're not invited at this time.

Members don't see this ad.

I was notified via the Midwestern portal, not AADSAS. On the MWU-AZ portal, on the left hand side, under "Pre-Accepted", click "Interview Scheduling." If you have been invited to interview, it will allow you to schedule an interview. If not, it will tell you you're not invited at this time.
Oooo thanks!! I didn't even apply to MWU actually, I was just wondering where to check in AADSAS for other interviews :)

Congrats on your interview btw! Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got interviews to MWU-AZ how were you notified?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For me, there wasn't a notification. I logged into the MWU-AZ portal and saw that I could schedule an interview.

For me, there wasn't a notification. I logged into the MWU-AZ portal and saw that I could schedule an interview.

And then for me I got an email before anything came available on my portal. I checked it daily and then got an email at 6am EST telling me about the interview.

First one!

School: Nebraska
Notification date: 7/13/2016
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MT
ADSAS mail-out date: GPA was verified yesterday.
Application complete date: Submitted 6/30/16
Secondary complete date: They cashed my check on Monday.
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.83, sGPA 3.60, oGPA 3.62
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/24TS/21PAT/23RC/none

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First invite!!!

School: Midwestern (AZ)
Notification date: 7/13/2016
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: TX
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA verified: 6/23/16
Application complete date: 7/1/16
Secondary complete date: 7/4/16

Last edited:
School: Iowa
Notification date: 7/10/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: not yet
Application complete date: 6/28/16
GPA (science, overall) 2.82,2.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/24/26/math was a 17
What day is your interview? I am going Sept. 19th, my birthday!

Yeah, not sure if you were referring to me, but I was waitlisted for an interview last year. It goes nowhere. Even with above average stats. Not sure how they select people. Some people have 2.something GPAs and get interviews. Oh well. Look at other schools like he/she said.
Do they really interview people with less than 3.0? They denied me last week without a supplemental because of my 2.99 BCP with plus minus.... 3.0 without. They said every category must be above 3.0. I'm frustrated because I'm taking two science classes now that end in two weeks and getting A's and I have 2.5 years dental assisting experience and tons of extracurriculars, a little research and am average DAT...

Do they really interview people with less than 3.0? They denied me last week without a supplemental because of my 2.99 BCP with plus minus.... 3.0 without. They said every category must be above 3.0. I'm frustrated because I'm taking two science classes now that end in two weeks and getting A's and I have 2.5 years dental assisting experience and tons of extracurriculars, a little research and am average DAT...

I'm not gonna search this entire thread to see, but I thought I saw a 2 point something GPA getting an interview at MWU AZ... maybe he did a postbac there?

School: VCU
Notification date: 7/13/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none

School: VCU
Notification date: 7/13/16
Residency: Virginia
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none

Is VCU OOS friendly?

I'm not gonna search this entire thread to see, but I thought I saw a 2 point something GPA getting an interview at MWU AZ... maybe he did a postbac there?
Oh yeah, males sense. They said in the letter if I did their post bacc I would still be considered for this cycle

That was probably why you were denied - the average DAT w/ the subpar GPA. You should have waited to submit your application after the summer courses to improve the GPA beyond the magic number because those summer courses wont count for anything until maybe January or February when you do an update and by then its a lost cause most places. Schools do not make exceptions because there are too many well qualified applicants.

2nd interview! Super stoked because it's closer to home!

School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: 7/15/2016
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/25/16, Verified 7/11/2016
Supplemental: 7/13/2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.95 oGPA: 3.96
DAT: 22AA/21TS/20PAT/21RC/none below 17

Reactions: 1 user
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 7/14/16
Residency: NY
Application complete date: 6/8/16
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/24/no

Reactions: 5 users
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 7/14/16
Residency: NY
Application complete date: 6/8/16
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/24/no

Buffalo is already sending invites!?

School: Midwestern (AZ)
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16
GPA verified: 7/7/16
Application complete date: 6/27/16
Secondary complete date: 7/12/16
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.55, sGPA 3.42, oGPA 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA/26TS/23PAT/25RC/None

First interview!!! :soexcited:

School: LECOM
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: 6/6/2016
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/None

Interview invitations

School:
Case Western (Accepted Dec 1)
Notification date: 7/21/2016

School: Midwestern AZ (Accepted Dec 1)
Method of notification: Email/School online portal

School: Marquette (Waitlisted)
Notification date: 9/12/2016

Residency: UT
ADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16 (Last LOR: submitted 7/8/2016 and mailed 7/15/2016)
GPA verified: 6/20/16
Application complete date: 6/10/16
Secondary complete date: 6/29/16
GPA (science, overall): With +/- Science3.49 Overall3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/26/21/No

Last edited:
Do any of you know whether or not some schools like applicants who are student athletes? My gpa w/out t/- is 3.8 and 3.73 science. My DAT is 20 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/21 GC/19 OC/17 BIO/18 QR. I have played college soccer at the division 1 level and I have played for a semi-pro team for the last 3 summers. Also, I was on in the MLS draft, which is the equivalent of the NBA and NFL drafts.

Last edited:
Delete

Last edited:
Do any of you know whether or not some schools like applicants who are student athletes? My gpa w/out t/- is 3.8 and 3.73 science. My DAT is 20 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/21 GC/19 OC/17 BIO/18 QR. I have played college soccer at the division 1 level and I have played for a semi-pro team for the last 3 summers. Also, I was on in the MLS draft, which is the equivalent of the NBA and NFL drafts.

Yes, that will help you get a lot of interviews. Will make you stand out. Apply to UNC! We love people who are unique for OOSers

Those scores overall are good, just wish the Biology was maybe 2 points higher. Doable because you just need a few more questions correct in the BIO section. And to hold the other scores

Yes, that will help you get a lot of interviews. Will make you stand out. Apply to UNC! We love people who are unique for OOSers

That's funny because UNC is actually one of the seven schools I applied to, and I am a resident of Michigan! I am working on my supplemental for UNC right now. Yeah, I am upset about the BIO score, but I only had a little time to study so I really only studied gen chem. Hopefully, it doesn't kill my chances though.

Those scores overall are good, just wish the Biology was maybe 2 points higher. Doable because you just need a few more questions correct in the BIO section. And to hold the other scores

Should he/she retake?

That's funny because UNC is actually one of the seven schools I applied to, and I am a resident of Michigan! I am working on my supplemental for UNC right now. Yeah, I am upset about the BIO score, but I only had a little time to study so I really only studied gen chem. Hopefully, it doesn't kill my chances though.

I was applying to UNC until I saw the class profile and it's literally 1 person from OOS and the rest in NC. I didn't like the chances and I don't have a 28AA so I removed it from my list.

Here's the link in case anyone wants the proof:
https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Profile-DDS-Class-2019.pdf?75834a

That was probably why you were denied - the average DAT w/ the subpar GPA. You should have waited to submit your application after the summer courses to improve the GPA beyond the magic number because those summer courses wont count for anything until maybe January or February when you do an update and by then its a lost cause most places. Schools do not make exceptions because there are too many well qualified applicants.

:( I wasn't sure if waiting to submit until August was too late. Oh well. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

:( I wasn't sure if waiting to submit until August was too late. Oh well. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

The difference may be having a 3.1 instead of a 2.9x and thats night and day in the eyes of admissions. Still, you are close to the number and you may get lucky with the interview. Its going to depends on the applicant pool and what makes them interested in you. The assisting will help but thats not unique.

First Interview!

School: LSU
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/25/16, Verified 6/30/2016
Supplemental: 7/7/2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.6 oGPA: 3.68
DAT: 22AA/21TS/23PAT/24RC/none below 17

Should he/she retake?

I wouldn't think so. If thats the only score thats lower then its fine. And I think being a D1 athlete shows a lot of dedication. This is someone I would think would get at least several interviews.

2 weeks till August :sleep:

Reactions: 4 users