*~*~*~*Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2015-2016*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Is present tense needed for an ongoing activity? Or keep it past tense like a resume?

2) Is it acceptable to include the acronym of the organization in the Organization Name box so that I can save characters by using the acronym throughout the Experience Description?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) Is present tense needed for an ongoing activity? Or keep it past tense like a resume?

2) Is it acceptable to include the acronym of the organization in the Organization Name box so that I can save characters by using the acronym throughout the Experience Description?
1) There is no rule. Write with your natural voice as seems best suited to an activity.

2) Yes.

Is it necessary to always type an experience description in the work/activities box if it is something obvious like physician shadowing?? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to talked about our weekly commitment in the description. Explaining how many hours per week takes up valuable character space.

Is it better to do so or is if self explanatory with the time span and total hours included in the above boxes?
If there is a lot of variation for any reason, like a drastic change in hours over long school breaks, or due to a hiatus to study for the MCAT, or somesuch, you might explain so that your claims will be in accord with whatever your Contact would report. Otherwise, not necessarily.

I have a very specific question about classifying my research accomplishments:

One of my projects was in collaboration with a government agency. The results were presented at a national agency conference, and were also published internally as a report for one of the agency’s key programs. The research will likely never be published outside of the agency as it includes info not publicly disclosed.

My question: How should I classify the conference and report? Should I list the two under “Presentations/Posters”, since the report is an internal publication that will likely never be shared outside of the agency, and thus the conference is the larger forum?

I want to show that the report is as high of an accomplishment possible for this project, but worry that calling it a “Publication” would be misleading. I am applying to the major research powerhouses, but won’t have any publications before interviews. The report is thus my closest thing to a “real” publication, but don’t know if I can classify it as such.

Thank you!

Hi Catalystik,

First off, I want to thank you so much for answering all of these questions. I just have a couple:

1. If we received undergraduate research grants/funding, would we write that in the experience description under research or make it it's own space under awards/honors/recognition.
2. If we are part of a volunteering organization, and we take on a leadership position (member freshman year, secretary sophomore year, President Junior year), should we give that it's own space?

Thank you so much!

I have a very specific question about classifying my research accomplishments:

One of my projects was in collaboration with a government agency. The results were presented at a national agency conference, and were also published internally as a report for one of the agency’s key programs. The research will likely never be published outside of the agency as it includes info not publicly disclosed.

My question: How should I classify the conference and report? Should I list the two under “Presentations/Posters”, since the report is an internal publication that will likely never be shared outside of the agency, and thus the conference is the larger forum?

I want to show that the report is as high of an accomplishment possible for this project, but worry that calling it a “Publication” would be misleading. I am applying to the major research powerhouses, but won’t have any publications before interviews. The report is thus my closest thing to a “real” publication, but don’t know if I can classify it as such.
Here is a question-response string from earlier in this thread with a related theme:
If I'm writing about a gov't experience that I can't elaborate on further due to an NDA, is it helpful to write that at the end of the description after writing what I can say about the activity? I'm thinking something like "details embargoed" or "NDA-restricted."
This question has been raised in previous years on Tips threads and in the general PreMedAllo forum. Adcomm opinions were that, if you can't describe it, and can't list a Contact, consider not listing it. Anyone can make up activities like that. If the activity would add substantially to your application, it's better to get a LOR from a supervisor who can attest to your involvement to whatever extent is permitted.
I can list a contact and describe the kind of research I did! Just not the results or what the research was used for. I guess it's not even necessary to mention that then? It's not super substantial to my app but it occurred early on in college so it adds to the story that I am committed to that type of work.
Many premeds involved in research never see the end point where data is analyzed and conclusions drawn. I don't think you need to bring that up, and can stick to description, role, and impact.

Just don't say, "I was responsible for super-cool, highly secret stuff in a restricted, unnameable government lab, but I can't tell you what it was."
I agree with your idea of NOT listing this as a Publication, and instead referring to a "Report" after your Poster/Presentations description entry, in that same space. Let the project manager writing an LOR for you blow your horn, rather you you "upselling" about an accomplishment you have no way of proving ever happened.

Reactions: 1 user
1. If we received undergraduate research grants/funding, would we write that in the experience description under research or make it it's own space under awards/honors/recognition.
2. If we are part of a volunteering organization, and we take on a leadership position (member freshman year, secretary sophomore year, President Junior year), should we give that it's own space?
1) If acquired research-support monies multiple times, you might go ahead and list all the awards in one space, under Honors/Awards. You could just as easily keep them in the same space as the affiliated Research entry, if you have the space left, and it makes sense to put them in perspective.

2) If each component can stand on its own, you can divide out the volunteering aspect and put the Leadership in another space, each with its own date span.

1) If acquired research-support monies multiple times, you might go ahead and list all the awards in one space, under Honors/Awards. You could just as easily keep them in the same space as the affiliated Research entry, if you have the space left, and it makes sense to put them in perspective.

2) If each component can stand on its own, you can divide out the volunteering aspect and put the Leadership in another space, each with its own date span.

Related question regarding grants. I work at a CME provider, and received grants for independent medical education. Do you think it would suffice to place the total # and $$$ earned from grants under the work experience? Or have it under its own Honors/Awards?

Thank you, Catalystik! Your advice on these forums has been incredibly helpful.

I fortunately don't have to be too secretive (I can list the agency name, title of the task force, etc., I just didn't want to be too specific on here). As long as I don't specifically list the agents we studied, everything else is fine to discuss.

Quick follow-up question: Should I include links when possible? I can link to the conference presentation, as well as to information about the project (it lists the PI, abstract, agency program it's affiliated with, etc.--it doesn't include information about the report itself or our results, but it may be beneficial to show that this involvement was "real"?). This can all be found with a quick Google of the title of the conference presentation or search on the government agency's website, but if adcoms would appreciate having link(s) I would be happy to include.

Hi all. I searched this thread and others and don't think this has been asked.

I have significant field research experience abroad - two summers in two different locales, with the majority of my time Monday - Saturday spent in and around health facilities. This wasn't explicitly shadowing, but I spent hundreds of hours interacting with patients, healthcare staff and getting to know/observe three physicians in particular (though they did not supervise my research). This is the majority of my "shadowing" experience. I have only ~ 30hrs of shadowing in the US in various specialties.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can (or should I?) highlight these field research experiences as shadowing time as well? As an additional complication I'm applying MD-PhD in epi/public health, so the research facet is incredibly important as well. Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Related question regarding grants. I work at a CME provider, and received grants for independent medical education. Do you think it would suffice to place the total # and $$$ earned from grants under the work experience? Or have it under its own Honors/Awards?
What is the expected use of the educational grant you receive?

Quick follow-up question: Should I include links when possible? I can link to the conference presentation, as well as to information about the project (it lists the PI, abstract, agency program it's affiliated with, etc.--it doesn't include information about the report itself or our results, but it may be beneficial to show that this involvement was "real"?). This can all be found with a quick Google of the title of the conference presentation or search on the government agency's website, but if adcoms would appreciate having link(s) I would be happy to include.
Providing a link sounds good.

I have significant field research experience abroad - two summers in two different locales, with the majority of my time Monday - Saturday spent in and around health facilities. This wasn't explicitly shadowing, but I spent hundreds of hours interacting with patients, healthcare staff and getting to know/observe three physicians in particular (though they did not supervise my research). This is the majority of my "shadowing" experience. I have only ~ 30hrs of shadowing in the US in various specialties.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can (or should I?) highlight these field research experiences as shadowing time as well? As an additional complication I'm applying MD-PhD in epi/public health, so the research facet is incredibly important as well. Thanks for any input!
Perhaps you can add the word Shadowing to the title of the Research entry, and then use it again within the body of the narrative.

Also, in your actual Shadowing entry, after listing your USA shadowing, you might refer to your International Shadowing experience, saying it was mentioned elsewhere and the XX hours of it are not included in the total for this entry, but you observed physicians with the specialties of . . . . with dates, and Contact.

What is the expected use of the educational grant you receive?

The grants are to fund the logistics of the educational activity. In order to even receive grants, we already conduct all the research on gaps in physicians training, develop a curriculum, draft an agenda, and develop a marketing strategy.

Indirectly, receiving the grants relieves our financial burden for the next educational activity where the process starts again. Research --> Planning --> Grant Writing --> Execution.

The grants are to fund the logistics of the educational activity. In order to even receive grants, we already conduct all the research on gaps in physicians training, develop a curriculum, draft an agenda, and develop a marketing strategy.

Indirectly, receiving the grants relieves our financial burden for the next educational activity where the process starts again. Research --> Planning --> Grant Writing --> Execution.
Assuming you personally wrote for the grant or in some way get credit for its reception, I think that mention of it should stay with the affiliated activity to keep it in context.

Assuming you personally wrote for the grant or in some way get credit for its reception, I think that mention of it should stay with the affiliated activity to keep it in context.

Thanks for the clarification. I wish I could send you a box of chocolates. You are keeping me sane in the week leading up to AMCAS opening... :D

A few questions about a couple future work/activities:

1) This summer, I am heading to a developing country for 8 weeks. For 5 weeks, I will be volunteering at an orphanage. For two weeks, I will be at a local hospital, where I will be actively involved. For a final week, I will be working on a campaign to raise money for this organization.
  • Should I list this/how should I list this? (I visited this country/orphanage previously for two weeks on a service trip, and I am listing that as one of my experiences.)
  • I am thinking that I should combine the two experiences under something like "Service and Medical Experience in CountryX" and use separate dates. Advice/thoughts??
  • One professor suggested that I consider waiting until the end of July to submit my application so that this experience will be under my belt, as it will be very beneficial to my application. However, I feel like it can be addressed in secondaries, and it will be more important to get my application submitted sooner rather than later.
2) I have been hired to a position on my college's Residence Life staff for next year. This was a very selective hiring process and is an important position about which I am incredibly excited.
  • Again, should I list this/how should I list this? (I have never been on ResLife staff previously.)
  • I really didn't think about adding it at all until seeing other comments about including future positions in the work/activities section.

Help!:)

Hi there! Thanks for all the great responses and questions. I've learned a lot the past couple of days from this thread. I did have a few questions though.

1. I know it's recommended to group shadowing experiences together, however one of my shadowing experiences was really special (the doctor was my pediatrician and really made me want to become a doctor)...do I make that a separate experience from the rest of the shadowing experiences and group the other ones together?

2. Are we supposed to group volunteering experiences too?

3. Is it okay to list one of my hobbies as yoga, especially since I plan on getting certified during my gap year? Should I mention that?

Thanks!

Since you haven't started the activity, the only thing you have to report is acceptance to the program. I think that Awards/Honors/Recognitions fits best.

I am currently in the program, and have been since march, it's just ongoing for the next year. It is more of a question of is the fellowship "Work" or "Research" or and "Award"

Quick question: I feel like the "Teaching" heading is most appropriate for my two years of RA experience. At my school, the overwhelming emphasis was on mentorship, developing individual relationships with our advisees, and providing support and guidance. Advisees were always students younger than myself as well. (Plus I have nothing else in the Teaching category, but plenty in Leadership).

Does this seem like an appropriate categorization? Thanks!

1) This summer, I am heading to a developing country for 8 weeks. For 5 weeks, I will be volunteering at an orphanage. For two weeks, I will be at a local hospital, where I will be actively involved. For a final week, I will be working on a campaign to raise money for this organization.
  • Should I list this/how should I list this? (I visited this country/orphanage previously for two weeks on a service trip, and I am listing that as one of my experiences.)
  • I am thinking that I should combine the two experiences under something like "Service and Medical Experience in CountryX" and use separate dates. Advice/thoughts??
  • One professor suggested that I consider waiting until the end of July to submit my application so that this experience will be under my belt, as it will be very beneficial to my application. However, I feel like it can be addressed in secondaries, and it will be more important to get my application submitted sooner rather than later.
2) I have been hired to a position on my college's Residence Life staff for next year. This was a very selective hiring process and is an important position about which I am incredibly excited.
  • Again, should I list this/how should I list this? (I have never been on ResLife staff previously.)
  • I really didn't think about adding it at all until seeing other comments about including future positions in the work/activities section.
1) At the end of the narrative about the previous trip to the same country, add a note that you plan to return to country x for 8 weeks on x/xx/xx. As it is a future activity in which you are not already engaged, strictly speaking it doesn't belong on the application, but you could sneak it in this way.
2) The AMCAS application won't allow you to enter a future month and then save the activity. As you have nothing similar already on the application, strategy #1 won't work for you.

1. I know it's recommended to group shadowing experiences together, however one of my shadowing experiences was really special (the doctor was my pediatrician and really made me want to become a doctor)...do I make that a separate experience from the rest of the shadowing experiences and group the other ones together?

2. Are we supposed to group volunteering experiences too?

3. Is it okay to list one of my hobbies as yoga, especially since I plan on getting certified during my gap year? Should I mention that?
1) Yes.

2) Generally, no, but if you have a lot of short-term experiences that you want to include, that is a strategy for creating an entry with enough hours to be considered substantial.

3) Including Yoga on your list of hobbies is fine. A future certification isn't worth mentioning.

3) I would not use Leadership. Instead, consider Teaching or Employment as more appropriate.
Care to elaborate? For me, I already have 1 teaching experience and 1 employment, with 0 leadership. For my job description, I wasn't suppose to teach, but rather lead the group of students who showed up (be it 1 or 50) to develop study techniques, and for them to answer each other. I can understand that it was a leader in name thing and that me being a worker like a tutor would be appropriate. It was paid, would like to know your thoughts.
Also, I've seen the other posts on dean's list, president's list, etc so I won't ask those, but for scholarships. I received a healthcare scholarship from the hospital for 2 years, $1000 a year, and got it from HS. It was grades, financial status, a nurse (and cc orgo prof) recommendation and that I wanted to go into healthcare (then as a PA or nurse). Would that be worth mentioning? If yes, then on it's own, or lumped with other awards? Thanks.

I am currently in the program, and have been since march, it's just ongoing for the next year. It is more of a question of is the fellowship "Work" or "Research" or and "Award"
Sorry, but I don't have enough information to judge. Are you receiving a salary from which taxes are deducted? Then it's Employment. If you will be working on a hypothesis driven-project with a scholarly approach resulting in new, generalizable human knowledge that is potentially publishable, you might consider the Research tag. Are you funded periodically with a chunk of money that covers basic living expenses, even though you''d do the same work without such a grant, then it might be an Award. It could even be more than one of these things, in which case it's up to you to pick a category.

Quick question: I feel like the "Teaching" heading is most appropriate for my two years of RA experience. At my school, the overwhelming emphasis was on mentorship, developing individual relationships with our advisees, and providing support and guidance. Advisees were always students younger than myself as well. (Plus I have nothing else in the Teaching category, but plenty in Leadership).

Does this seem like an appropriate categorization?
What does "RA" stand for? Research Assistant, Resident Advisor, ... ?

I am in a very different position. I have been at a community health center for past 1.5 years and have moved up the ladder for a total of 3 different positions. Should I list all of those positions separately to show my growth? Also, as part of my newest position I am a scribe for two of the doctors. Should I list the scribing as its own activity?

Also, this is going off a post I saw further back. I worked at a ice cream shop for 5 years from '08-'12 and became a manager for the last two years, had plenty of customer service, etc. Should I include that as well?

Thanks!

I also had a paid job as a Supplemental Instruction Leader for 3 semesters, would this be paid work or leadership. Job was essentially leading group study sessions among other college students.
I would not use Leadership. Instead, consider Teaching or Employment as more appropriate.
1) Care to elaborate? For me, I already have 1 teaching experience and 1 employment, with 0 leadership. For my job description, I wasn't suppose to teach, but rather lead the group of students who showed up (be it 1 or 50) to develop study techniques, and for them to answer each other. I can understand that it was a leader in name thing and that me being a worker like a tutor would be appropriate. It was paid, would like to know your thoughts.
1) Med schools are looking for peer leadership. Your students are not your peers. If you recruited, trained, scheduled, organized, and monitored other student tutors, taking responsibility for their overall efforts, then I'd call it Leadership.

If you want to use the Leadership tag regardless, and feel you can make the description sufficiently leader-ish sounding, by all means do so. I am just giving you an opinion on how the majority of adcomms will view this activity, based on the information you've given.

2) I've seen the other posts on dean's list, president's list, etc so I won't ask those, but for scholarships. I received a healthcare scholarship from the hospital for 2 years, $1000 a year, and got it from HS. It was grades, financial status, a nurse (and cc orgo prof) recommendation and that I wanted to go into healthcare (then as a PA or nurse). Would that be worth mentioning? If yes, then on it's own, or lumped with other awards?
2) A scholarship based on your merit in HS isn't going to help a med school application.

1) I am in a very different position. I have been at a community health center for past 1.5 years and have moved up the ladder for a total of 3 different positions. Should I list all of those positions separately to show my growth? Also, as part of my newest position I am a scribe for two of the doctors. Should I list the scribing as its own activity?

2) Also, this is going off a post I saw further back. I worked at a ice cream shop for 5 years from '08-'12 and became a manager for the last two years, had plenty of customer service, etc. Should I include that as well?
1) Yes, mention all the positions to show growth, as an activity with long duration reflects well, but even moreso when it's clear you are trusted and adding responsibilities. If you've been in the scribing position for awhile and feel you have sufficient hours for it to stand on its own, by all means, give it its own space.

2) Assuming this employment took place at least partly during the college years, then yes, include it. Highlight your people skills and problem-solving.

1) Med schools are looking for peer leadership. Your students are not your peers. If you recruited, trained, scheduled, organized, and monitored other student tutors, taking responsibility for their overall efforts, then I'd call it Leadership.

If you want to use the Leadership tag regardless, and feel you can make the description sufficiently leader-ish sounding, by all means do so. I am just giving you an opinion on how the majority of adcomms will view this activity, based on the information you've given.
I see. My only concern is that according to your definition, it would look like I have no leadership experience, but 2 of my letter writers told me they commented on my other"leadership" experience (one in ED volunteer, one as TA, which weren't too obvious to me). Their definitions of leadership are different from yours apparently, but I don't think it's something for me to worry over. Thanks.

I was a part of a large club in college. I never met the club advisor, so I am not sure if he would be able to vouch for me. Would I be able to put "Current Club President" and put the organization's email address for contact information??

I have had 4 different research experiences that have results in 4 posters, 1 pub, and 1 talk. What is better 1) list each research experience and then the resulting published work in the description or 2) make a separate entry for posters and one for a pub and list that?

Ideally I would think 2) would be better but, in combination with my other important ECs/jobs/awards it poses a problem. Taking up two slots for publications would cause me to either not be able to list all 4 of my lab experiences or not list all of my other ECs.

If I did make two separate entries (one for posters, one for pub), is it okay to not list the labs from which they came as other activities? If not, what would be best in the eyes of the adcom o_O

Hello, I have the following questions:

1.) I’ve shadowed 5 different doctors and my experiences with two of them have been very meaningful. Since I can only afford one entry for shadowing at the moment, would it be OK for me to a.) lump all my shadowing into one entry, b.) mark this entry as most meaningful, AND c.) only talk about 2 of the 5 shadowing experiences in the additional space for most meaningful?

2.) I've been co-author of several abstracts that were presented/have been accepted for presentation at international conferences. Since I haven't actually attended any of these conferences (never been 1st author + budget constraints), should I make separate Publications entries for these, should I make separate Presentations/Posters for these (and indicate who presented), or should they be mentioned under their affiliated Research entry?

3.) I was the runner-up for an Outstanding Chapter Member award for an honor society. I doubt this is worth its own entry, but is it worth mentioning if space permits?

4.) I did a research project for the lab component of one of my upper-level science classes. My group and I wrote a manuscript that was faculty-reviewed and published in a journal whose chief editor is the professor of the class (doing so was a big chunk of the lab grade). Is this experience worthy of a Publications entry and/or a Research entry? Or any kind of entry?

5.) Is it necessary to include entries for academic honors like Dean’s List, Graduation Academic Honors, etc. that are listed on transcripts?

Thank you

Hey @Catalystik I held a few executive positions in my fraternity during undergrad, but I'm not sure what to put down as hours? I did it for a semester each position. I am estimating about 85 hours for each where I was doing something related to my position. Is that unreasonable?
It sounds like a lot. Take care that all the hours added up for the semester ECs+class time+study time don't make it look like you survived on 2 hours of sleep per night.

I have had 4 different research experiences that have results in 4 posters, 1 pub, and 1 talk. What is better 1) list each research experience and then the resulting published work in the description or 2) make a separate entry for posters and one for a pub and list that?

Ideally I would think 2) would be better but, in combination with my other important ECs/jobs/awards it poses a problem. Taking up two slots for publications would cause me to either not be able to list all 4 of my lab experiences or not list all of my other ECs.

If I did make two separate entries (one for posters, one for pub), is it okay to not list the labs from which they came as other activities? If not, what would be best in the eyes of the adcom o_O
Some guidelines:

The research entry is more important than a poster or presentation, so don't cut it out. You could however group two together. Any poster, pub, or presentation that took place at a campus venue should be mentioned with the affiliated Research entry. Any that occurred at a regional or national location or journal deserves its own spot. If any of those data sharings came out of the same project, they could be mentioned together in one spot tagged under the highest prestige format. At the minimum, give the pub its own space if it was not a campus publication.

Does that help any?

Another quick question:

Is it worth mentioning hobbies like piano or rock climbing if you only do those for maybe 1-2 hours a week as a way to unwind? Thanks!

1.) I’ve shadowed 5 different doctors and my experiences with two of them have been very meaningful. Since I can only afford one entry for shadowing at the moment, would it be OK for me to a.) lump all my shadowing into one entry, b.) mark this entry as most meaningful, AND c.) only talk about 2 of the 5 shadowing experiences in the additional space for most meaningful?

2.) I've been co-author of several abstracts that were presented/have been accepted for presentation at international conferences. Since I haven't actually attended any of these conferences (never been 1st author + budget constraints), should I make separate Publications entries for these, should I make separate Presentations/Posters for these (and indicate who presented), or should they be mentioned under their affiliated Research entry?

3.) I was the runner-up for an Outstanding Chapter Member award for an honor society. I doubt this is worth its own entry, but is it worth mentioning if space permits?

4.) I did a research project for the lab component of one of my upper-level science classes. My group and I wrote a manuscript that was faculty-reviewed and published in a journal whose chief editor is the professor of the class (doing so was a big chunk of the lab grade). Is this experience worthy of a Publications entry and/or a Research entry? Or any kind of entry?

5.) Is it necessary to include entries for academic honors like Dean’s List, Graduation Academic Honors, etc. that are listed on transcripts?
1) Yes.

2) Assuming none of the abstracts was published in a known print journal, you could put all of them in one space under Posters/Presentations, giving credit to the presenter.

3) No.

4) Assuming it's a campus journal, you could mention the publication in the same space with the Research entry. See guidelines in post #700 above. You could safely omit this activity completely if you are as strong in research as your previously-mentioned productivity suggests. You can decide if the project is space-worthy.

5) No. Your transcript speaks for itself.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it worth mentioning hobbies like piano or rock climbing if you only do those for maybe 1-2 hours a week as a way to unwind?
Yes. They help set you apart in a sea of look-alike applicants. They tell us you have leisure-time activities for stress relief, which is important. They may give us a topic to use as an ice breaker at the interview.

Some guidelines:

The research entry is more important than a poster or presentation, so don't cut it out. You could however group two together. Any poster, pub, or presentation that took place at a campus venue should be mentioned with the affiliated Research entry. Any that occurred at a regional or national location or journal deserves its own spot. If any of those data sharings came out of the same project, they could be mentioned together in one spot tagged under the highest prestige format. At the minimum, give the pub its own space if it was not a campus publication.

Does that help any?
Thank you so much! These guidelines are extremely helpful.

Should I list Phi Beta Kappa as a separate honors entry or lump it in with another entry where I have other things like cum laude, high honors, Psi Chi, etc?

Last edited:
I've been tutoring for the last 5 years, but its been pretty informal and I work for myself. Do I list myself as the contact for that or a student I worked with?

2 questions 1)The doctor I shadowed 2 years ago is now retired (I have recent shadowing from last year).. For the dr that retired, what number do I put? I doubt the hospital has any records, as it was more of a relaxed "okay come see what I do whenever you want" kinda thing (family practice). 2) I'm an enviro major and I got published but it's NOT medicine-related at all. it's about sustainability... worth mentioning at all in my activities?

Last edited:
Q1: Is it fair to have two experiences (one each year) that were with the same organization but you had totally different roles and gained different perspectives in each, as two separate entries with possibly making both MMs? Or at least one?

Q2: Since I've volunteered, then started a thesis (did not complete due to change of school), then worked at that research lab (handling data mostly and running that branch) all since 2009 (continuously), would I be able to break up this entry into more than 1 entry (same contact, experience type different (ie. leadership vs. research), title would be specific to the type selected, etc) one for the thesis portion (research), one for work portion (paid work), one under my short term volunteer portion. I'd be making the work portion an MM.

Q3: AMCAS stating up to 3 more occurrences of an experience, they mean just entering the extra date ranges right? Now actually having the same experience as separate entries (like my question 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.