Official: Countdown until October 15th, 2006 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Booyah... let's hope the postmen/women are on it this week. Deliver mah' mail!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm freaking OUT! I want to hear something already SOMETHING! :scared: I'm getting nothing done at work today, and my heart rate is been up since I woke up this morning. :eek:

I'm freaking OUT! I want to hear something already SOMETHING! :scared: I'm getting nothing done at work today, and my heart rate is been up since I woke up this morning. :eek:

I hear that! :laugh: At least with SDN, you know you're not alone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt will not come as soon as some of us would like, as far as what I've been told. They will send acceptances in the next 2 weeks.

i interviewed at pitt a couple weeks ago and they told my group it would be around the end of october before we heard anything.

Anyone know when UVA or UChicago send out decisions? I thought they said Oct. 16, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone know when UVA or UChicago send out decisions? I thought they said Oct. 16, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I too am very curious about U Chicago...they said Oct 16 is the earliest but I was wondering how realistic it would be to hear from them...has anyone whose had an interview status for final committee decision changed to Yes?

see above. also, nothing has been sent out yet.

When did you interview? That might have something to do with why you presonally might not hear for 2 weeks, but they def. said decisions would be sent out the 16th at my interview on 9/6.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys feel about calling schools that are sending out decisions by snail mail like UVA and Pitt?

i will if you will :D

And i'll gladly hear what news they tell you. :)

btw, i interviewed at Pitt on 9/11 and i was pretty sure they said they were gonna send out letters today.

I would, but I don't get out of my volunteer job until the offices are closed

And i'll gladly hear what news they tell you. :)

btw, i interviewed at Pitt on 9/11 and i was pretty sure they said they were gonna send out letters today.

when i emailed them, they said they would start to send out acceptances on the 16th. i just hope i'm included in that batch since i interviewed on the 15th...i dont want to wait any longer.

I think so, as long as it wasn't the 15th of october you interviewed :) but I know it isn't haha

I think so, as long as it wasn't the 15th of october you interviewed :) but I know it isn't haha

i called pitt and said i interviewed on 9/15 and i was wondering when i might hear something and all she would say is "within the next two weeks." i dont have the guts to push more. anyone else wanna try?

called UVA just now and they said decision letters were sent out today in the mail. this is including at least up to 9/27 when i interviewed.

aww you didn't just ask for a decision? at least we have a little more info though :)

I emailed Lisa today and asked when decisions would be mailed out, b/c depending on what I hear from them, I'm going to completely change/cancel my upcoming travel plans.

I'll let you all know what -- if anything -- she tells me.

Pitt! :love:

if uva sent out today, what do you think is a reasonable time that we should expect to get the mail by? 3 days? 2?
i'm DYING here. dying. no joke.

if uva sent out today, what do you think is a reasonable time that we should expect to get the mail by? 3 days? 2?

im in pa and i'm expecting it wednesday...maybe thursday. hopefully no later than that.

When did you interview? That might have something to do with why you presonally might not hear for 2 weeks, but they def. said decisions would be sent out the 16th at my interview on 9/6.
When I interviewed (> 1 month ago), we were also told decisions would be sent out starting today. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

Anyone hear from Penn State about anything yet? I can't believe you never heard back Erina!

Hey pitt peeps, i dunno if this helps, but i was at pitt for an interview today when some people called in to ask about decisions. Anyway, they said they would be mailing letters starting tomorrow.

Hey pitt peeps, i dunno if this helps, but i was at pitt for an interview today when some people called in to ask about decisions. Anyway, they said they would be mailing letters starting tomorrow.

hey scenti howd the interview go???

Look on the bright side... at least you got an interview!
But :luck: :luck:

Is Pitt only mailing letters out??? No e-mail??

Anyone hear from Penn State about anything yet? I can't believe you never heard back Erina!
i called penn state today and amber checked on my file. she said they typically tell people that things will be sent 8 weeks after the interview, but she checked to make sure i hadn't missed anything. maybe i'm just paranoid but she was very enthusiastic until she checked my file and then all she said was, "you'll hear from us soon." i didn't want to press her further cuz i figured she would have told me more if she could but i'm worried it's not good news. or maybe it is good news. i dunno...i wish she would have said more and said it more enthusiastically. bah.

i called penn state today and amber checked on my file. she said they typically tell people that things will be sent 8 weeks after the interview, but she checked to make sure i hadn't missed anything. maybe i'm just paranoid but she was very enthusiastic until she checked my file and then all she said was, "you'll hear from us soon." i didn't want to press her further cuz i figured she would have told me more if she could but i'm worried it's not good news. or maybe it is good news. i dunno...i wish she would have said more and said it more enthusiastically. bah.

Bleh... don't you hate that this process makes us into such neurotic tools? :oops: :barf:

I'm sure you did supah' fiiiiiiiiiiine, Erina. :luck:

Erina, I don't understand why you like Penn State so much. You will get into the most competitive schools you interviewed at, yet your worried about penn state?

Ohio State is wonderful, and getting an acceptance there is excellent. Getting an acceptance at Hershey is not too big of a deal. Don't worry, you'll get in, b/c your stats are harvard material.

Simply put, your a beautiful and intelligent girl, and any medical school would be stupid not to accept you. So don't worry.

I realize that it is early to jump to conclusions and think all is lost....but at a pretty competitive school, if a few individuals get an acceptance phone call, and they interviewed the same day that I interviewed, should I be worried if I did not get a call that same day? Do you think that applicants that interview the same day get reviewed in the same batch by the adcomms, or maybe they just get through as many apps as time permits/meeting (and therefore not everyone who interviewed the same day is considered during the same meeting??)

The school I am referring to was real long shot, so even getting an interview was a shock...but I it would still bum me out if the dream died this early in the game...maybe there is a rejection letter in the mail. The uncertainty of this process is terrible.

Any thoughts?

I realize that it is early to jump to conclusions and think all is lost....but at a pretty competitive school, if a few individuals get an acceptance phone call, and they interviewed the same day that I interviewed, should I be worried if I did not get a call that same day? Do you think that applicants that interview the same day get reviewed in the same batch by the adcomms, or maybe they just get through as many apps as time permits/meeting (and therefore not everyone who interviewed the same day is considered during the same meeting??)

The school I am referring to was real long shot, so even getting an interview was a shock...but I it would still bum me out if the dream died this early in the game...maybe there is a rejection letter in the mail. The uncertainty of this process is terrible.

Any thoughts?

And I'm wondering the same thing! Very well put...anybody help!

Hey LatinoMasFino,

nice to hear that I am not alone. I don't know how much traffic this thread is going to continue to get now the the 15th has passed, so I am going to try reposting my last question in the "my semi solicited advice thread" just FYI.

Best of luck to you....here's hoping that we receive a (somewhat delayed and most welcome) phone call after all....

anybody heard the oct. 16th news from uva yet?