**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI I just cancelled a Nov 14 UNLV interview and its available on their scheduling website if someone wants to get an earlier date there...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How many shadowing hours do you have in total? I'm nervous because I only have 50. I'm Canadian so shadowing isn't a requirement for us, I just quickly got 50 hours done right before applying when I decided to apply to the states.

I have about 120 now. 50 is decent depending on where you applied and what the rest of your app looks like

School: Temple
Notification date: 10/13
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Ca
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Supplemental complete:
GPA (science, overall) 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/ 28/ 20/ 20/ none.
They still have October dates available

School: UOP
Notification date: 10/14
Method of notification: Phone call
Supplemental complete:
They still have November dates available

Whoa, took them 3 months

Members don't see this ad :)
I've only gotten 2 interviews uptil now :(

I have a 20AA/22PAT with 3.56oGPA and 3.45sGPA with close to a 1000hrs of shadowing/dental assistant work (this is over 3 years).

School: Temple
Notification date: 10/13
Supplemental complete:
They still have October dates available

School: UOP
Method of notification: Phone call
Supplemental complete:
They still have November dates available

yeah, they took their sweet time with that DAT score? oh boy.!

OMG Two in one day!! :soexcited:

School: Tufts
Method of notification: E-mail (4:47 pm)
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete: 9/24

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
YAY! Love this school.
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete: 9/16
GPA (science, overall) 3.68, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/yes,16 (QR)

Reactions: 1 users
OMG Two in one day!! :soexcited:

Method of notification: E-mail (4:47 am)
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete: 9/24
GPA (science, overall) 3.45, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19 20/ none.

They messaged you at 5 in the morning??!!!

Interview #3!!!

Notification date: 10/14/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.24, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA / 19 TS / 21 PAT / 22 RC / none

Very excited about this one :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #3!!!

Notification date: 10/14/14
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.24, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA / 19 TS / 21 PAT / 22 RC / none

Very excited about this one :clap:

What was your guys statuses on your school decisions for tufts? was it received/under review or received/application complete before the interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your guys statuses on your school decisions for tufts? was it received/under review or received/application complete before the interview invite?

If I remember correctly, I think it first said "received/complete" and then went to "received/under review."

School: University of Michigan
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
GPA (BCP, overall) 3.47, 3.5 DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/ 29/ 24/ 23/ none.
Interview Date: 11/7

Go blue, so excited and grateful!

Btw, my school decisions portal on AADSAS updated for U of M on 10/9 going from application received to under review. Just wanted to point that out as it might be an indicator that you should expect an interview soon.

School: University of Michigan
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
GPA (BCP, overall) 3.47, 3.5 DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/ 29/ 24/ 23/ none.
Interview Date: 11/7

Go blue, so excited and grateful!

Btw, my school decisions portal on AADSAS updated for U of M on 10/9 going from application received to under review. Just wanted to point that out as it might be an indicator that you should expect an interview soon.

that's a sick DAT score. Can't believe they waited this long to send you an invite. Wow! congrats.

I have only had one interview offer and I had a 3.6 science, 3.65 overall, 22 AA on my DAT and no scores below a 21, a committee letter and a lot of shadowing hours.

I am getting worried/impatient/scared/freaking out.

Reactions: 6 users
I have only had one interview offer and I had a 3.6 science, 3.65 overall, 22 AA on my DAT and no scores below a 21, a committee letter and a lot of shadowing hours.

... and Judgement Day is only 6 weeks away.

There is no doubt in my mind, you will get other interviews! You have killer stats. Where was your first interview at?

And it's important to remember, it only takes one! One school, one interview, one acceptance and we are on our way to finally being dentists!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got this email from OHSU last night at 10pm...

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."

Anyone else get this email?

Interview #5! Really excited for this one!

School: UPenn
Notification date: 10/15
Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
GPA (Science, overall) 3.88, 3.85
(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/none
Interview Date: 12/4

When people say they change residency , is the school the one that determines that, or is it the state itself ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually, for schools that wont let you change your residency after the first year... they say you stay what you came in as. so if you were not a resident already when you applied... thats that.

when was your application mailed out to schools?

My AADSAS Desicion status changed for Louisville from Under Review to Application Received. It had been Under Review since July. Is this good news, bad news, or am I just another applicant trying to read too far into every little thing that occurs during the application cycle?

My AADSAS Desicion status changed for Louisville from Under Review to Application Received. It had been Under Review since July. Is this good news, bad news, or am I just another applicant trying to read too far into every little thing that occurs during the application cycle?
Yes, yes, and yes.

It's a slow day at work for me and all I've been doing is puzzling through my possible futures and trying to read between the lines.

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing like two weeks ago, still no word.

So for the longest time Nova wasn't listed in my School Decisions page, but today I check and there it is out of the blue. It says: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school". Did anyone else get this? Do you think it's bad (as in I've been rejected but they can't tell me until Dec 1)?

Other than this, the page hasn't changed since late August :S

Last edited:
Just got this email from OHSU last night at 10pm...

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."

Anyone else get this email?

Yepp, I got this email yesterday as well. Not sure what to think, am gonna just keep on keepin on.

So for the longest time Nova wasn't listed in my School Decisions page, but today I check and there it is out of the blue. It says: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school". Did anyone else get this? Do you think it's bad (as in I've been rejected but they can't tell me until Dec 1)?

Fairly certain that means rejection. They send a snail-mail letter saying rejected and the status changed to that Dec 1 thing.

Fairly certain that means rejection. They send a snail-mail letter saying rejected and the status changed to that Dec 1 thing.
Oh too bad, it was my least pricey choice :( Not really sure what aspect of my app was subpar for them. I'd think not enough shadowing hours but my friend is interviewing there right now and he had 0 shadowing hours.

Lol....I just got a continual review for LECOM....that makes 5 interviews and 2 continual reviews....not sure what to think of that....

Oh too bad, it was my least pricey choice :( Not really sure what aspect of my app was subpar for them. I'd think not enough shadowing hours but my friend is interviewing there right now and he had 0 shadowing hours.
Keep your head up. I applied for them back in June and got the rejection within a couple weeks and not sure what was the reasoning for it. From what I've been able to tell there doesn't seem to be any consistency on the interviews they're giving out, like you said, friend with 0 shadowing hours interviewing

A little overdue but here are the interviews that I've recieved: (UDM is a repost)

School 1: LECOM
Notification date: 8/7
Interview Date: 9/9

School 2: Roseman
Notification date: 9/5
Interview Date: 10/2

School 3: Detroit Merc7
Notification date: 9/26
Interview Date: 11/10

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
GPA (Science, overall) 3.32, 3.39
(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/18/21/none
Residency: Texas

#5 School: Buffalo
Notification Date: 10/15/14
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17/2014
Application Complete Date: 8/21/2014 "Received/Under Review"
GPA (science, overall, graduate): 3.2, 3.35, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22TS/17 PAT/26 RC/no

I'm a re-applicant and luckily this cycle has gone better than the last. With that said, last year I didn't receive the rejections from schools until Feb/March - I applied fairly early (4th batch maybe) and they were silent for a longggg time. While waiting, I was trying not to lose hope but still thinking about whether I should start planning to re-apply and focus on making my application better for the next cycle. For those who applied early and are without interviews, specifically by December/January, I can't stress enough to start shadowing, taking additional classes, or working on whatever aspect of your application may be lacking. There is still a fairly good chance you'll receive an interview or two, but the more you can cram in during those 5-6 months, the better. Hopefully all of you get interviews before the cycle closes and the additional work will just be a bonus, but looking back I would have definitely regret not doing these things while I was "patiently" waiting. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for your insight! And congrats on the interviews for this cycle! Wishing you luck :)

You've confirmed what I was thinking/dreading, so I'm already planning on doing additional shadowing. I've started applying for dental assistant positions, as well. You're right, 5-6 months is too long of a period to not try to improve.

Well...

Today I received "continuing review" from Buffalo. Looks like no luck there:(

Other than this, the page hasn't changed since late August :S
That's a rejection. I got the same thing and then in the snail mail came the news lol of rejection =(.

Are Post-December interviews given out before Dec 1 or are/can they be sent out after?

Hey guys so I've been going through the interviews and there seems to be only ONE UCLA interview... relatively speaking we have a lot of people that go on here and I feel like there should have been more... and I don't want to doubt the person who posted it because I don't find any reason for anybody to lie on this forum but I just want to know if UCLA really has started their interview invites. Please send me a message if you really got something! Thanks guys and I wish you all the best of luck, you guys are such an amazing supportive group, I smile more often than not going on this thread :]

As we are getting close to Dec 1th, we see less interview updates on SDN. :(

What updates? Interviews are super scarce this year it seems.

Or applicants arean't using SDN as much as previous years. Someone said Boston was filled for pre-december interviews and we barely saw anyone post about them!

This is all rather discouraging.

Tell me about it, I really wasn't expecting having 0 interviews at this point in the cycle. I'm losing hope fast.

I've read in a few threads that a decent amount of people actually get accepted to schools after Dec 1 - so they interview in Jan/Feb and get accepted then. I'm trying not to lose hope either!