**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doesn't matter how early or late you interviewed during pre-December. If they want you on the 1st, you'll know. If not, you just have to wait. Hope you hear some good news.
oh okay :/ Thank you soo much!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I've got 3 interviews in the next week and a half, and so far every school has told me that as long as it's before December 1, I will have just as much of a chance of acceptance as those who interviewed in August, September or October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I've got 3 interviews in the next week and a half, and so far every school has told me that as long as it's before December 1, I will have just as much of a chance of acceptance than those who interviewed in August, September or October.
I do hope that is the case. I have an interview on Nov 21 and I was worried I might not hear back on Dec 1 since there's thanksgiving break in between and whatnot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: Minnesota
Interview date: 1/06
Notification date: 11/12
Method of notification: email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.43/3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):23/22/23/23/None

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2!!

School: Buffalo
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/22/none

Reactions: 2 users
long awaited #3.

School: Western
Notification date: 11/12/14 (8:00pm )
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/5~9/15 (issue with LOR with some schools)
GPA (science, overall): 3.37, 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) : 24 /24/ 24 / 17 / none

I'd be more thrilled if this was from my state school, but can't complain. It's been 2 months since my first 2 invites.

Reactions: 6 users
I wonder if interviews will slow down over the next couple of weeks due to the holidays and schools starting to review apps for decisions

I wonder if interviews will slow down over the next couple of weeks due to the holidays and schools starting to review apps for decisions
due to holidays, winter break, and because they are also wrapping up pre-dec reviews and will resume again come December and January.
I would be surprised if we see a lot more pre-dec interviews.

Interview #2!!

School: Buffalo
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/22/none

Hey when did you receive the app complete email from Buffalo?
I received mine on September 16, but haven't heard a peep from them yet.
Hope I receive one too!!
Congrats!!

Hey when did you receive the app complete email from Buffalo?
I received mine on September 16, but haven't heard a peep from them yet.
Hope I receive one too!!
Congrats!!

I got the app complete email August 21. It took a long time to hear from them so I wouldn't worry! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Pbl may work great in addition to lectures, but stricktly pbl is not for me. I was impressed by Pitts, great traditional school, huge opportunities.
LECOM does have lectures along with PBL. People on here really have the wrong idea about that program.

Members don't see this ad :)
School: UF :highfive:
Notification date: 11/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Supplemental complete: 10/1

Interview date: Dec 5th

Last edited:
School: UF!!!!!!(my dream school!!!)
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/1
Supplemental complete: 10/7
GPA (science, overall) 3.62, 3.62
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/22/ none.

Had to reschedule my interview from Dec 10th to Jan 9th. So excited!!!:clap::soexcited::biglove::banana:

Reactions: 3 users
School: UF!!!!!!(my dream school!!!)
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/1
Supplemental complete: 10/7
GPA (science, overall) 3.62, 3.62
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/22/ none.

Had to reschedule my interview from Dec 10th to Jan 9th. So excited!!!:clap::soexcited::biglove::banana:
finally dude!

so my status for VCU on AADSAS suddenly got updated yesterday

before, it had "application ready for admission committee review, 3 LOR, DAT, GPA received, etc"
yesterday, all that just disappeared and it's saying "applicant complete"

Why sudden change if there had been no change since then? It had always been complete.

before, it had "application ready for admission committee review, 3 LOR, DAT, GPA received, etc"

Why sudden change if there had been no change since then? It had always been complete.
I often see people's status change to "application complete" after their interviews...

Mine just switched to Application complete as well, and my application is definitely not complete at that school. It is quite odd.

Mine just switched to Application complete as well, and my application is definitely not complete at that school. It is quite odd.

Okay.... Maybe they should just send me an invite.

Same thing here, still no word from them though. Hoping for some positive news for all of us :)

Rejections

School: UNLV, NOVA
Notification date: 10/29/14, 14/11/14
Method of notification: email, letter
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45 (last 3 years --> 3.96)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/18/17/QR -->15 (waiting for Canadian scores to come in)

After closely reviewing the price of each school, probably wasn't going to attend anyways.

After months of waiting, finally comes Interview #3 :)

School: University at Buffalo
Notification date: 11/14/14
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/14
Application complete date: 8/25/14 (ready to review email)
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/21/None

Interview #3 at NYU - got the email this morning! I have yet to call, but am assuming based on some recent posts/common sense that it will be a post-december interview, but excited nevertheless

Reactions: 4 users
Just interviewed at UTHSC, it was such a unique interview experience. The actual interview itself is only about 10-15 minutes and very relaxed. They don't try to trick you or anything, I was asked about what I do to relax and then majority of the interview was talking about the research that I was involved with :)

Rejection #2 from University of Kentucky. Given my stats it was kind of expected but it still stings.

deleted

Last edited:
I assume I was rejected from Temple. Status changed to: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

And so it begins..

I assume I was rejected from Temple. Status changed to: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

And so it begins..

That's what my pretty little status for UCSF says after I got rejected:)

That's what my pretty little status for UCSF says after I got rejected:)

lmao aw dang. I haven't gotten any official rejection yet, but judging by the whole no interview offer, there can only be one other option :(

lmao aw dang. I haven't gotten any official rejection yet, but judging by the whole no interview offer, there can only be one other option :(
lol..... nothing is for sure! so don't think rejection unless you see "rejection" somewhere.

Same thing here, still no word from them though. Hoping for some positive news for all of us :)
Have you received your 1st interview? I know you’ve been waiting for a while. Just wondering :happy:

Hey guys ok so I know they've slowed down with interview invites since december 1 is coming up, but when do you think more will come? After december or mid december? Ahh this waiting game has me going bonkers. Yes, bonkers.:punch::bang::banana:

Hey guys ok so I know they've slowed down with interview invites since december 1 is coming up, but when do you think more will come? After december or mid december? Ahh this waiting game has me going bonkers. Yes, bonkers.:punch::bang::banana:

some people start to get invites starting immediately after the first round of invites, and some have to wait longer.
It all just depends..

Just keep praying...

some people start to get invites starting immediately after the first round of invites, and some have to wait longer.
It all just depends..

Just keep praying...

ah i definitely will. you're so lucky you got an interview at western. its my top choice! let me know how that one goes! :)

interview #2 :)

School: Stony Brook
Notification date: 11/10/14
Method of notification: phone call
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/25/14
Application complete date: 9/15/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/23/19/None

Last edited:
ah i definitely will. you're so lucky you got an interview at western. its my top choice! let me know how that one goes! :)

yeah this is what's so f'ed up about this whole app process.
They should have some kind of ranking system that matches applicants up with schools they are most interested in.

western might be the last school I want to attend, and I got an invite, while it is your first choice, but you did not receive an invite.
And I have not gotten an invite from my state school either, this all just seems like a silly game.

but we are just pre-dents..what can we do..

Notification date: 11/09/14

killer stats.. congrats!

Notification date: 11/09/14

they called you on a Sunday?! is it still pre-december?
Awesome stats - Congrats!!

Have you received your 1st interview? I know you’ve been waiting for a while. Just wondering :happy:

Nope, all quiet on the eastern front :( hopefully something comes soon so I can stop stressing.

Reactions: 3 users
they called you on a Sunday?! is it still pre-december?
Awesome stats - Congrats!!
Thanks! and oops, they actually called me on Monday 11/10. And yea they still had pre-December interview dates available.

yeah this is what's so f'ed up about this whole app process.
They should have some kind of ranking system that matches applicants up with schools they are most interested in.

western might be the last school I want to attend, and I got an invite, while it is your first choice, but you did not receive an invite.
And I have not gotten an invite from my state school either, this all just seems like a silly game.

but we are just pre-dents..what can we do..
Application can be really tricky. Two people with very similar stats could end up with different results. I don't think such ranking system could exist.

Rejection #1 to UPenn. I would have loved to interview there but you can't win them all!

What batch did your app go out in?