**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview #5. This is the one I have been waiting for!

School: University of Michigan
Notification date:11/11
Method of notification:Email
Residency:MI
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/21/23/18/16QR

Reactions: 2 users
So I had a dream that the reason I haven't received any interview so far is because I didn't submit an "extra" form that I was supposed to fill out in addition to the AADSAS and supplemental o_O I woke up super worried about this. Damn this is stressing me out :'(

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5. This is the one I have been waiting for!

School: University of Michigan
Notification date:11/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/21/23/18/16QR

Congrats!! Is it pre-Dec?

Last edited:
Michigan is full till mid January. Next available date is 1/16/2015.

So I had a dream that the reason I haven't received any interview so far is because I didn't submit an "extra" form that I was supposed to fill out in addition to the AADSAS and supplemental o_O I woke up super worried about this. Damn this is stressing me out :'(

Dont add to the anxiety that most of us have haha. Now I have to check my records and see if I sent out everything.

Rejection #3 Marquette School of Dentistry

I expected this. I hadn't heard anything back from them since I submitted my application in June. I'd even emailed them to no avail or response. December 1st cannot come soon enough. If I get accepted somewhere then the sting of rejection will hurt so much less.

Reactions: 1 users

I expected this. I hadn't heard anything back from them since I submitted my application in June. I'd even emailed them to no avail or response. December 1st cannot come soon enough. If I get accepted somewhere then the sting of rejection will hurt so much less.

4140465_orig.png

Reactions: 2 users
For all of you with Marquette rejections, did you receive a letter?

For all of you with Marquette rejections, did you receive a letter?

I received an email from Marquette. They were incredibly polite. It was the nicest rejection letter I've gotten.

Also Marquette rejection. All aboard the rejection train! woot woot.

Members don't see this ad :)
C'mon Marquette! Sending me a rejection on a Monday morning, I hadn't even gotten coffee yet!

Reactions: 4 users
For those with Marquette rejection, did any of you interview at Marquette this fall?

For those with Marquette rejection, did any of you interview at Marquette this fall?

Negative, didn't get an interview invite from them. Emailed the admissions office like two weeks ago requesting an update but no response. They were my #1 :( At least the letter was super nice though, as others have stated above.

Oh God, I feel like I'm gonna get one from Marquette. I'm checking my e-mail waiting for them to swing the sword already.

Sorry to break up the Marquette train, I'm too busy riding the Temple train to reject-town. lol Don't think their rejection was particularly nicely worded either. :shrug:

Rejection #1: Temple

UoKentucky rejection here. Not surprising as they are a state school and only had...what, 25 slots available for out of state applicants XD

Didn't get a rejection email from Marquette, but also didn't get an interview. I read somewhere else that they are not doing any post-dec interviews...should I just assume I'm rejected? lol

Didn't get a rejection email from Marquette, but also didn't get an interview. I read somewhere else that they are not doing any post-dec interviews...should I just assume I'm rejected? lol
Marquette doesn't conduct post-Dec. interviews? That seems odd. Which other schools don't interview post-Dec?

Same! I was honestly refreshing my e-mail waiting on my rejection, but nothing's happened thus far. I'm still gonna go with rejection, just so my heart doesn't hurt as much when I do get it.

Is anyone going to the CWRU alumni reception in NY next weekend? Can we bring someone with us to the reception if we aren't familiar with the area?

My friend got an interview at Marquette in April... They do do post december interviews. He currently goes there.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at Marquette in October. When I was there the director of admissions said they do post December interviews if necessary, meaning if they do not fill their class after sending out acceptances to those they like from pre-December interviews they will do more! I hope that helps!

Interview #3... So excited for this one!!

School: Columbia
Notification date:11/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.47, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):26/29/24/23/NA

I emailed them back on Friday with my available interview dates and still haven't received a reply. Should I call them?

Reactions: 3 users
Before visiting any schools Marquette was my number 1 choice but I never got an interview :/

I'm just glad there are not 31 days in November...one extra day could push me over the edge, lol.

Reactions: 17 users
I'm being browsing the forum all morning.....it's hard to get back to work.....

I emailed them back on Friday with my available interview dates and still haven't received a reply. Should I call them?
congrats!
when did you completed your application?

Congratulations! can you let us know when you applied and what dates are available for interview? I I called them a week ago and they told me that there aren't any pre-December dates available

wow. those DAT scores.

UoKentucky rejection here. Not surprising as they are a state school and only had...what, 25 slots available for out of state applicants XD
Did you happen to interview there. I am outside and interviewed there last month.

congrats!
when did you completed your application?
Hey my application was complete on 6/27. They are currently offering Friday interviews starting 12/12 and Fridays after that except around Christmas and New Years. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I have been rejected by a couple of schools, and both times my status in the AADSAS portal changed to: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school." After December 1st, will the status from these schools change to "rejected" or something along those lines. Conversely, after interviewing with a school will the status change to "check back on Dec 1st….." after the interview, and then update to either accepted or rejected after Dec. 1st? Home this question makes sense. Thanks!

So I get that UCLA, USC, and Western have sent out groups of interview invitation several times and I assume that there is no more pre-December interview dates? My AADSAS app status still says Received/ Under Review or Received/ Application Complete since August. Is it safe to say that they are putting my application aside for a chance to interview in the future because they may still want to consider me? I haven't got ANY interview invitations (last mail-out date 8/8/14). If I really really don't qualify for any of these schools, they would have sent me a rejection letter, would they? I guess what I'm looking to hear is some support or reassurance from you :'( I am starting lose hope..

I think you have solid DAT scores and will get in somewhere. It seems like your mail out date was kinda late and remember your file isn't complete for most schools until your LORs are received. A lot of the schools just take a really long time to review applications/files once they are completed. I would bet that you will receive some post-Dec interviews, which is not so bad. Everyone wants a pre-Dec interview (myself included), but plenty of students with post-Dec interviews get accepted!

Rejection #1 from UPenn.........I was expecting this one but it's still sad.:(

Rejection #1 from UPenn.........I was expecting this one but it's still sad.:(
Sorry to hear that, UPenn is hard to get in. Did your status on aadsas change from "app complete" to something else? I have a feeling my rejection letter is on its way.

So I get that UCLA, USC, and Western have sent out groups of interview invitation several times and I assume that there is no more pre-December interview dates? My AADSAS app status still says Received/ Under Review or Received/ Application Complete since August. Is it safe to say that they are putting my application aside for a chance to interview in the future because they may still want to consider me? I haven't got ANY interview invitations (last mail-out date 8/8/14). If I really really don't qualify for any of these schools, they would have sent me a rejection letter, would they? I guess what I'm looking to hear is some support or reassurance from you :'( I am starting lose hope..

I think that UCLA was only on like Batch 5 or 6 the last time I heard of an interview going out. So there's a chance that they haven't even gotten to your application yet.

Some hope for those that haven't received an interview invite yet......I just received my 1st interview invite last Friday. I am hoping that more are coming, but if it is only one, then I still have an opportunity to get in this year.

Keep up the hope, it isn't too late..........

Anyone interview with Baylor and can tell me the type of Interviews they conduct?

1st Interview

School: Baylor
Notification date: 11-14-14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS system
Application complete date: 7/23/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.30 sci, 3.53 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/22/19/ attachFull187121GC -15 and QR - 16

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-19_11-41-55.png
    upload_2014-11-19_11-41-55.png
    95 bytes · Views: 186
Sorry to hear that, UPenn is hard to get in. Did your status on aadsas change from "app complete" to something else? I have a feeling my rejection letter is on its way.

Its been received/under review ever since 09/04.

yeah this is what's so f'ed up about this whole app process.
They should have some kind of ranking system that matches applicants up with schools they are most interested in.

western might be the last school I want to attend, and I got an invite, while it is your first choice, but you did not receive an invite.
And I have not gotten an invite from my state school either, this all just seems like a silly game.

but we are just pre-dents..what can we do..

Why do you say Western is the last place you want to go to? You should be grateful that you got an interview at a school that could be someone's dream school. Some people don't have any interviews and it almost sounds like you're complaining.

Reactions: 5 users
I have been rejected by a couple of schools, and both times my status in the AADSAS portal changed to: "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school." After December 1st, will the status from these schools change to "rejected" or something along those lines. Conversely, after interviewing with a school will the status change to "check back on Dec 1st….." after the interview, and then update to either accepted or rejected after Dec. 1st? Home this question makes sense. Thanks!

It will change to "Admission Denied" or "Wait Listed" or "Offer Made" if it currently says check back on Dec 1st.

Why do you say Western is the last place you want to go to? You should be grateful that you got an interview at a school that could be someone's dream school. Some people don't have any interviews and it almost sounds like you're complaining.

Sorry if it offended someone, what I meant to say was that if I got accepted to another school and this one, western will be on the bottom of my list because it's just so far from me and I plan on staying on the east coast.
I agree that someone's last choice could be someone's dream school. I hope you don't take it personally.

Let's just put it this way, I applied to western as a back up school because their GPA was not among the highest and mine aren't either :)

Reactions: 4 users