**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was all very helpful and I'm glad to see someone else in a similar position because like you just said, once people hear the name Columbia they definitely become more interested/impressed and are always shocked to hear that I'm considering Temple over Columbia. It's extremely tough for me because I do want to specialize, and don't have a practice to take over, but at the same time, am also a PA resident so the 100 grand cheaper tuition pertains to me too. Also living expenses in NYC are incomparable to Philly. Do you believe it is possible to specialize at Temple? Does Temple also have an uncompetitive environment? (based on what you've heard bc I understand you are not a student but seem to know a lot about the program!)

Nyc is more expensive, however Columbia does offer on campus housing (temple does not), which is like 10 or 12 grand a year I believe, which would make the cost of living similar I think. Philly is still an expensive place to live, and getting an apartment, well one in a decent area at least, in philly will cost a lot. I think Columbia actually projects a lower "cost of living" than temple does by a few grand, but idk how true that is.

It is one hundred thousand percent possible to specialize coming from temple. In my opinion, where you go to school wont "really" matter when it comes to specializing. If you can do it at Columbia, then you can do it at temple. It just depends on how hard you are wiling to work, but the same thing applies to anywhere you go.

And lastly, idk how competitive it is really. The people I know say its not too bad, everyone helps each other and what not. Ive heard D2 is hard and that's about it haha, but ive heard the exact same thing at every other school. At the end of the day, how much more competitive can it be than undergrad. Idk about your university, but at my school every single bio major comes in as the child of some type of doctor, with the intention of becoming a doctor or dentist. So I would imagine there is a lot of competition, but at the same time, everyone has always been super nice and no one has ever tried to screw me over to get themselves a better grade or anything like that. At this point your already in dental school, so I feel like the competition shouldn't be too bad. Especially at temple, where a much lower number of people are looking to specialize compared to Columbia or penn.

I guess what im trying to say in the last 2 paragraphs (in simpler terms) is, whatever you make of it is what you will get. If you work hard to specialize than youll be able to. And if you are super competitive, than im sure it will seem super competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to University of Washington
and Loma Linda University
Dec. 1
Phone Call
Washington Resident
3.9/3.9
21AA/21TS/22PAT/22RC

Which should I choose??? I know little about UW student life...

Accepted to University of Washington
and Loma Linda University
Dec. 1
Phone Call
Washington Resident
3.9/3.9
21AA/21TS/22PAT/22RC

Which should I choose??? I know little about UW student life...
HAHAHA. Easy choice! If it were me I would save money and go to the University of Washington. Loma Linda is private and the cost of living is higher in California. Unless you really want to experience CA, in that case, Loma Linda :)
Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!! Got an email from UCSF last night. Scheduled to interview in January! I've been waiting for this one!
Speaking of waiting... WAITLISTED AT USC on Dec. 1...
And continued review from Marquette, Western, UB (notified November). Rejection from UCONN.

Ca Resident
Mail out 8/22
sGPA 3.57, cGPa 3.59
AA/TS/PAT/Reading
21/21/23/22, none under 17

Late reply.
I've busy with finals and stuff.

Accepted to UNLV
Phone called at 01 Dec.

oGPA:3.4, sGPA:3.4
DAT
TS:21 AA:21 PAT:22 RC:20
Bio:18 GC: 24 OC: 22

Only applied to UNLV , so no waitlist or rejection.

Good luck guys.

Edit: I'm in-state for NV

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Late reply.
I've busy with finals and stuff.

Accepted to UNLV
Phone called at 01 Dec.

DAT

Good luck guys.
One school? Dude, that's ballsy as hell. I like it!

Accepted to UNLV
Phone called at 01 Dec.

DAT

Good luck guys.[/QUOTE]

Hi Hugomaaf, congratulations! Are you from Nevada?

You guys are throwing in the towel way too early. It is good to have a backup plan, but the cycle is long for most schools. Its not over till its over!

Honestly, I'm not throwing in the towel. I know my shots at getting in this cycle are low. I would be stupid with my GPA to take my GAP year and "work in a dental office" considering my problem is my grades, not my experience. I'm trying to make the most of my time and not expect to get in otherwise Ill be sh%& out of luck when i don't ever hear back from anyone. I've still got hope and it's encouraging to hear your words, but I just despise not having a plan. This waiting game is the hardest thing ever!

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I'm not throwing in the towel. I know my shots at getting in this cycle are low. I would be stupid with my GPA to take my GAP year and "work in a dental office" considering my problem is my grades, not my experience. I'm trying to make the most of my time and not expect to get in otherwise Ill be sh%& out of luck when i don't ever hear back from anyone. I've still got hope and it's encouraging to hear your words, but I just despise not having a plan. This waiting game is the hardest thing ever!

Amen brother.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the struggle is real...

Im sorry but can you please stop posting these links, at least in this thread which was made to provide people information on how the application process is developing. I totally respect the hustle and wish you all the luck. However, not to be a *** but there is a reason why no one has bought any of your hoody designs this far....

Reactions: 6 users
Im sorry but can you please stop posting these links, at least in this thread which was made to provide people information on how the application process is developing. I totally respect the hustle and wish you all the luck. However, not to be a *** but there is a reason why no one has bought any of your hoody designs this far....

why are you so polite to a spammer lol
just report the post.

What would be the minimum grade to maintain your acceptance?
I heard as long as you pass, you will be good (assuming passing grade is C)

What would be the minimum grade to maintain your acceptance?
I heard as long as you pass, you will be good (assuming passing grade is C)
In my, It said, "Failure and withdrawal's are not acceptable." A C is passing though...

I don't know, that hoodie is pretty stylish. I'd definitely rock dat at da club.

Really? I thought it was alright at best. It just seems like flaunting a career that most of us haven't achieved yet haha. I will consider myself as a Dental Student once my first day of classes start, but as a Dentist?...

Holy crap, just saw the price tag. Ain't nobody got cash for that!

Reactions: 2 users
Mine says "Successful completion.." I'm not quite sure what that means..

Me neither. My schools didnt have that message.

But each of the schools should have a policy of grades they expect.

Is it

Thank you. and it may sound foolish, but is it appropriate to ask the school for the policy?

Really? I thought it was alright at best. It just seems like flaunting a career that most of us haven't achieved yet haha. I will consider myself as a Dental Student once my first day of classes start, but as a Dentist?...

Holy crap, just saw the price tag. Ain't nobody got cash for that!
Nah, I was kidding haha

Is it

Thank you. and it may sound foolish, but is it appropriate to ask the school for the policy?

It is if their website or acceptance letter doesnt have it. Check beforehand, otherwise itll just make you look bad.

accepted to UMKC and Louisville!

Are we supposed to send a transcript including this semester's grades to AADSAS or each school? I assume if we send it to AADSAS they will send it to all of our schools like they did when we applied?

Are we supposed to send a transcript including this semester's grades to AADSAS or each school? I assume if we send it to AADSAS they will send it to all of our schools like they did when we applied?

Yes, for academic update, you send it to AADSAS the same way you sent your initial transcript.

Yes, for academic update, you send it to AADSAS the same way you sent your initial transcript.

So if i took a class and didnt put it on aadsas's planned course, do i still need to send in the academic update?

I am just curious.

I sent them an academic update only to find out that it doesn't count because I took the courses in Canada, not the US -_-

I submitted my application in mid September and so far have had 1 rejection from NOVA. I applied to 10 schools total. I also found out that one of the schools did not receive my dat scores from the CDA which I had ordered around that same time. I will check with the other schools as well because I ordered a few transcripts from them that day. I am new to the application process. I have not heard from anyone and its been 3 months which is probably normal (hoping so)... if anyone has any input feel free. Canadian applicant.

I submitted my application in mid September and so far have had 1 rejection from NOVA. I applied to 10 schools total. I also found out that one of the schools did not receive my dat scores from the CDA which I had ordered around that same time. I will check with the other schools as well because I ordered a few transcripts from them that day. I am new to the application process. I have not heard from anyone and its been 3 months which is probably normal (hoping so)... if anyone has any input feel free. Canadian applicant.
I applied to 18 schools in august and only heard from two so far. It's a long process.

I'm from IL.

My Dat is similar to yours. I have 20AA/22PAT

Your GPA is higher than mine: 3.45 sGPA/3.56 oGPA
Thanks man, so as an update I actually got waitlisted at UDM! Although this is not the best option, it is also not the worst!

Also, Got a post-dec interview at U of M!! So thankful!!! wooohooo :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks man, so as an update I actually got waitlisted at UDM! Although this is not the best option, it is also not the worst!

Also, Got a post-dec interview at U of M!! So thankful!!! wooohooo :)

When did you get the post dec invite?

Waitlisted by Pittsburg and Rejection from U-Penn :/
Waiting on 4 other schools. All this stress is driving me insane :heckyeah:

do you mind sharing when you heard back from them? And keep yourself positive! never know how this will all turn out!

Hope you get that Pitt! I won't be giving up my seat, but I hope you get one. That school is awesome.

I think most of us are new to the process. This is also my first year applying.

But there is just so much information out there that it shouldnt have taken you this long to find out that you are missing something.

And I am not sure what you meant by ordering a transcript from CDA. But ADA here does not offer transcript ordering.

Lastly, as an international applicant. You have to know that there are many schools that are not international friendly. Hell, most arent even OOS friendly.

do you mind sharing when you heard back from them? And keep yourself positive! never know how this will all turn out!

I called up Pittsburg and they basically said that if they haven't called you and you haven't been rejected then there is still hope.
As for U-Penn I got a mail yesterday saying that they won't be able to provide me with an interview.

I called up Pittsburg and they basically said that if they haven't called you and you haven't been rejected then there is still hope.
As for U-Penn I got a mail yesterday saying that they won't be able to provide me with an interview.
Did Pitt say anything about any more interviews going out?

It isn't mandatory but it can be beneficial to send your summer/fall grades, especially if you did well.

thanks for clearing that up for me.
I wasn't sure whether it was REQUIRED.

did your status on aadsas change for Penn?