**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Late reply.
I've busy with finals and stuff.

Accepted to UNLV
Phone called at 01 Dec.

oGPA:3.4, sGPA:3.4
DAT
TS:21 AA:21 PAT:22 RC:20
Bio:18 GC: 24 OC: 22

Only applied to UNLV , so no waitlist or rejection.

Good luck guys.

Edit: I'm in-state for NV

Congrats! I was just wondering, when you went to the interview, did you mention that you only applied to that school or did they ask you? The reason I ask is because my dentist told me not to tell the interviewers that I'm only applying to 3 schools if they ask me for whatever reason. I am not sure why exactly but I think he said something about me looking not as eager as an applicant, since most people apply to more than 5 schools. Or worse, I may come off as being arrogant.. I don't know if I do seem that way because of applying to only 3 schools. The reason I applied to 3 schools is because they're local and have good reputation.

Members don't see this ad.

I am officially going to be in the Penn Dental Class of 2019!!! I am about to throw up, cry and scream all at the same time I am so happy. AZ resident here!
Do you mind sharing your states?

Members don't see this ad :)
Canadian dental association
when you apply to schools you have to order official transcript copies to be sent to each individual school

I am working 3 part time jobs and 4 courses so I didn't notice a couple things. Also had some life issues to deal with as many other are im sure.

Reporting in from last week's notifications. Accepted to Columbia, Rutgers, Temple and haven't heard anything from Pittsburgh.
I am stoked and currently leaning towards Columbia. Haven't finalized my decision yet!

Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: mid-September
GPA (science, overall) 3.7, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/25/21/none

Reactions: 2 users
Update:

Accepted: UF, BU, Nova, Tufts
Declining: BU, Nova, Tufts

I will be attending UF College of Dentistry in the fall. I hope my spots released at these other schools will go to some awesome sdn members. Best of luck to all of you!!

Has anyone else received an email from "student edition" asking you to consent to a conditional acceptance background check as required by the ADEA? I did not hear anything about this from the schools which accepted me and just wanted to verify that it is a legitimate request.

Has anyone else received an email from "student edition" asking you to consent to a conditional acceptance background check as required by the ADEA? I did not hear anything about this from the schools which accepted me and just wanted to verify that it is a legitimate request.

Yes I have. Its a requirement of our acceptance I believe.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I was just wondering, when you went to the interview, did you mention that you only applied to that school or did they ask you? The reason I ask is because my dentist told me not to tell the interviewers that I'm only applying to 3 schools if they ask me for whatever reason. I am not sure why exactly but I think he said something about me looking not as eager as an applicant, since most people apply to more than 5 schools. Or worse, I may come off as being arrogant.. I don't know if I do seem that way because of applying to only 3 schools. The reason I applied to 3 schools is because they're local and have good reputation.

I actually have quite opposite advices from everyone, my advisor in school, the dentist I work with, even the admission committee member and DS student in UNLV both make sure I mentioned it to the interviewer. Hell, I even put it on my personal statement that I am only applying to UNLV.

I only apply to UNLV mainly because that's the only school close enough to my wife (she is in med school here in Vegas), and along other good reasons that UNLV stands out to me (1. Tuition 2. Not too many post graduate programs 3. Early clinic exposure). But everyone says its a good thing to let them know since the admission committee knows they can count on me to be there instead of holding multiple acceptances and have to decide.

Hope I answered your question.

I actually have quite opposite advices from everyone, my advisor in school, the dentist I work with, even the admission committee member and DS student in UNLV both make sure I mentioned it to the interviewer. Hell, I even put it on my personal statement that I am only applying to UNLV.

I only apply to UNLV mainly because that's the only school close enough to my wife (she is in med school here in Vegas), and along other good reasons that UNLV stands out to me (1. Tuition 2. Not too many post graduate programs 3. Early clinic exposure). But everyone says its a good thing to let them know since the admission committee knows they can count on me to be there instead of holding multiple acceptances and have to decide.

Hope I answered your question.
Thank you! That makes sense. My family is here too so that's one of the reasons I didn't apply to OOS schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone yet been accepted to Tufts post December 1st?

Just got a post Dec interview to CRWU! So Excited!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone gotten any offered any interviews this month?

Reactions: 1 users
Do schools generally send email for interview invites? I just changed my phone number and updated the new number on aadsas, but I am not sure if aadsas update the schools though... calling them right now.

Got an interview with UAB next week. They called first and after I said yes, they sent me an e-mail confirmation.
Did they offer it to you in December or is it just scheduled for December?

Accepted to Tufts today* with a generous scholarship! Now it's between Tufts, Rutgers and UPenn.

*Disclaimer: I was in the last pre-December interview group and we were told that we'd hear today. I think I saw someone ask about this recently, so I wanted to make that clear!

2nd interview

School: Roseman
Notification Date: 12/8/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/18/17/yes --> QR 15 (still waiting for Canadian scores)

I wish they would call me.
I know, right?? This is the one I've been waiting on, especially since I'm at the bottom of the bottom of the totem pole with UF. (Alternate list)

Interviewed at NYU, University at Buffalo, and UNE
Acceptances at NYU and UB
Post Dec Interviews at LECOM and Nova

Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15/14
Application Complete Date: 8/29/14
GPA (science, overall): Undergrad- 3.1, 3.4 Grad- 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 20, 20, 29

Having a really hard time deciding between NYU and UB. Still waiting to hear from UNE which is a shame I really loved it there. Going to my interviews at LECOM and Nova because I already booked everything for them, but ill probably end up staying in the northeast unless they really wow me.

Can anyone shead some light on what I should do regarding my summer and fall grades? Should I update those asap?

Because you already have an acceptance to a school you plan on matriculating.

you got into your top choice school. What are you still doing here? LOL
go have some fun now!

Does anyone else need to take Molecular Biology prior to matriculation?

Does anyone else need to take Molecular Biology prior to matriculation?

Waitlisted by Pittsburg and Rejection from U-Penn :/
Waiting on 4 other schools. All this stress is driving me insane :heckyeah:
There are plenty of February interviews going out and you'd be shocked at the number of spring acceptances. i just read TWO posts about people who were accepted just days before classes started last cycle! So it can happen all the way until summer. I do hope you don't have to wait long to hear positive news, but just hang in there and try not to think of it too much. Easier said than done, but when you release it, it will find you. In the end you are going to end up in dental school and super happy and all this stress and worry will have been a waste of your time and emotions. You'll see. ;)

Reactions: 4 users
6 month since my application was transmitted to 6 schools and nothing yet :annoyed:

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys,
I recently received an interview invite from university at buffalo, and scheduled for 1/8. But I noticed they recently opened 12/18 interview date. Do you guys think going three weeks earlier would make a significant difference in getting acceptance? UB is my top choice school!!
Because I have biochem final on 12/17, and I have to ask my biochem professor for make-up exam. does it worth to go earlier???

Sent from my Parallels Virtual Platform using Tapatalk

hey guys,
I recently received an interview invite from university at buffalo, and scheduled for 1/8. But I noticed they recently opened 12/18 interview date. Do you guys think going three weeks earlier would make a significant difference in getting acceptance? UB is my top choice school!!
Because I have biochem final on 12/17, and I have to ask my biochem professor for make-up exam. does it worth to go earlier???

From what I've read. They will send out more acceptances Jan 1st. So it would make a difference because you couldn't possibly be in this group. How big of a difference? Idk man.

hey guys,

I would definitely take the earlier spot - 3 weeks can make a big difference in this competitive cycle and considering it's your top choice school I would jump through what ever hoops you need to. Just my 2 cents - good luck!

i don't think it should have much of an impact but do you guys think me changing my second degree (double majoring) from a BS to a BA would affect my spot? The only diff will be i won't be taking some random plant class.

hey guys,

I got my invitation from them on Dec 1 was lucky enough to interview on Dec 4 and they accepted me on Dec 5 so it worked out really nicely. They said in our interviews that they usually give a decision 1-2 weeks after, but I know another student that was interviewing with me was also accepted the following day. So for me going as early as possible was really worth it.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my invitation from them on Dec 1 was lucky enough to interview on Dec 4 and they accepted me on Dec 5 so it worked out really nicely. They said in our interviews that they usually give a decision 1-2 weeks after, but I know another student that was interviewing with me was also accepted the following day. So for me going as early as possible was really worth it.

Thanks for the info, I just switched my interview date from 1/8 to 12/18!!! I hope interview is laid-back!!!!

Wow. Thats quick.

When is the latest we can decide?? How did you let a school know that you were rejecting their offer?

When is the latest we can decide?? How did you let a school know that you were rejecting their offer?

my school says i have to let them know by Jan 5th. so im assuming sometime around there.

UKCD gives 30 days from the date the acceptance letter was sent. They included a form that has an option to check if you're declining acceptance, and it's to be mailed back to them.

School: Tufts
Notification date: 12/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 7/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.5x, 3.6x
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/none

Got the invite this afternoon but will decline the interview, there are a bunch of dates starting in January! GL everyone!

my school says i have to let them know by Jan 5th. so im assuming sometime around there.

UKCD gives 30 days from the date the acceptance letter was sent. They included a form that has an option to check if you're declining acceptance, and it's to be mailed back to them.

Hmm so I guess it varies between schools. AHH. I feel so bad taking so long to decide, but I have finals coming up. I hope it's not bad if I keep them waiting a bit longer :(

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after long, depressing days of 6 rejections until 3:34PM today, MWU-IL has offered me a chance. I am beyond ecstatic.

School: MWU
Notification date: 12/9/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/3
Application complete date: 9/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.59,3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 20/20/26/17QR

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 17 users