**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from my state school IU today.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Louisville at all? They seem to be pretty quiet...being February and all..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should call UOP to ask about your application! Someone from UOP told me they overlooked applications sometimes and so I called and got an interview invite within A WEEK!

Thanks for the tip! I also applied to UOP. Could you give me a little more information about this call? I called the office and was given a few menu options, non of which led me to an actual person. I ended up leaving a voicemail with my number. Who did you talk to? What did you say?

Thanks!

Has anyone been accepted to UTSD (Houston, Tx) lately or gotten a positive response from calling the office to check their status? I interviewed in November but haven't heard anything..

ACCEPTED (1):
School: Texas A&M Baylor (TAMBCD)
Notification date: Dec 1
Method of notification: email

INTERVIEWED (4):
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: Sept 10

School: USC
Notification date: Oct 10

School: UTSD (Houston, Tx)
Notification date: Oct 28

School: University of Michigan (declined)
Notification date: Nov 4

REJECTED without interview (2):
School: UTHSCSA (San Antonio, Tx)
Notification date: Feb 3

School: FLA

Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: June 20
Application complete date: June 20
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/25/none
Undergrad: UT Dallas

Has anyone been accepted to UTSD (Houston, Tx) lately or gotten a positive response from calling the office to check their status? I interviewed in November but haven't heard anything..

ACCEPTED (1):

INTERVIEWED (4):

Haven't heard anything from Houston and I interviewed in September.

I'm assuming you accepted the invite for Baylor? If you get offered a seat at Houston are you accepting that offer?

Haven't heard anything from Houston and I interviewed in September.

I'm assuming you accepted the invite for Baylor? If you get offered a seat at Houston are you accepting that offer?

I keep hearing that Houston continues sending their interviews and acceptances late into Spring, but I'm so impatient haha

I accepted Baylor, since it's my hometown and my #2 choice, however I would accept Houston (and quickly decline Baylor so they can give that spot to someone else :happy:) since it's my #1 choice.

I keep hearing that Houston continues sending their interviews and acceptances late into Spring, but I'm so impatient haha

I accepted Baylor, since it's my hometown and my #2 choice, however I would accept Houston (and quickly decline Baylor so they can give that spot to someone else :happy:) since it's my #1 choice.

Yeah, this waiting process is BRUTAL! Congrats on getting accepted to Baylor! I hope Houston comes through for you though...:D

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Louisville at all? They seem to be pretty quiet...being February and all..

Back in December, they sent me an e-mail asking me if I still wanted my application to be considered.

ACCEPTED (1):

INTERVIEWED (4):

My interview was in late October . . . and it is very stressful waiting to hear when the second batch of acceptances will be. I was reading on the tmdsas forum that the interviewer said Feb 10, but I'm not sure of message's accuracy. Kudos to all who are waiting on UTSD.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was in late October . . . and it is very stressful waiting to hear when the second batch of acceptances will be. I was reading on the tmdsas forum that the interviewer said Feb 10, but I'm not sure of message's accuracy. Kudos to all who are waiting on UTSD.
I interviewed back in October as well. I haven't heard anything since then.

Acceptance #2!

School: MWU- IL
Notification date: 2/4/15
Interview Date: 1/15/15
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 8/1/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 sci 3.7ogpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/21/23 QR 16

Reactions: 3 users

ACCEPTED (1):

INTERVIEWED (4):

I didn't interview there yet but I sent them an email last week asking about my status. They said they haven't made a decision and it's still under review. So I think there might be more interview invites even coming and of course acceptances for your case :)

Is it me or have Temple/Pitt/Marlyland been really quiet?? Interviewed but haven't heard anything back yet....since October (for temple and pitt)....

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #3

School: NYU
Residency: Virginia
Notification date: Feb 4
Interview date: have to schedule
GPA (science, overall): 3.3ish but w/ a 4.0 post bacc
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/23/no

I just emailed them two days ago saying I'm still interested and asked if they're still interested in me, and then this. Another thing an MD friend of mine did after interviewing was called the schools he was wait listed at saying he'd "be in the area" and asked to sit down with the dean again. He basically made a case for why he should be accepted, and ended up getting accepted to both.

Reactions: 7 users
Just had an interview today at Maryland! It was great and the people were amazing! Got my toes, fingers and everything else crossed too!!! DAT TS20 AA20 CHEM18 ORGO23 Science GPA3.7 Overall 3.88

Reactions: 7 users
Interview #3

School: NYU
Residency: Virginia
Notification date: Feb 4
Interview date: have to schedule
GPA (science, overall): 3.3ish but w/ a 4.0 post bacc
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/23/no

I just emailed them two days ago saying I'm still interested and asked if they're still interested in me, and then this. Another thing an MD friend of mine did after interviewing was called the schools he was wait listed at saying he'd "be in the area" and asked to sit down with the dean again. He basically made a case for why he should be accepted, and ended up getting accepted to both.

How do you even phrase that? "Hey, love you guys! Are you still interested in me? Would love it if you threw me a bone :("

Reactions: 6 users
You should call UOP to ask about your application! Someone from UOP told me they overlooked applications sometimes and so I called and got an interview invite within A WEEK!

what number did you call? I tried calling their 414-929-6491 but couldn't get a hold of a real person!

How do you even phrase that? "Hey, love you guys! Are you still interested in me? Would love it if you threw me a bone :("

You do exactly that. Call, email, go to their campus and talk with someone. Say that you haven't heard from them for a while and that you are still interested in their program and have been looking forward to hearing back from them.

I did that for my #1 and was accepted the next morning.

You do exactly that. Call, email, go to their campus and talk with someone. Say that you haven't heard from them for a while and that you are still interested in their program and have been looking forward to hearing back from them.

I did that for my #1 and was accepted the next morning.

Went ahead and did just that. :)

Long time listener. First time caller.

I interviewed at MWU-IL on Jan. 8th and they have been silent ever since. My buddy interviewed there last week and recieved an acceptance yesterday. Does anyone know how the committee works at MWU-IL and why I havent heard an application status from them?

Long time listener. First time caller.

I interviewed at MWU-IL on Jan. 8th and they have been silent ever since. My buddy interviewed there last week and recieved an acceptance yesterday. Does anyone know how the committee works at MWU-IL and why I havent heard an application status from them?

Somewhat in the same boat with you. Interviewed at UAB Dec. 17th. Was told by the dean of admissions that we wouldn't hear anything back until the end of January. One of the people I interviewed with got accepted 3 weeks ago. Smh.

Edit: Actually, it was 4 weeks ago, today

I also took this advice because I realized I have nothing to lose lol. I will let you guys know how it plays out.

How is there anything to lose? Nobody's gonna take offense from you for telling them how awesome their school is and how badly you wanted to give them money to go there.

Unless you've been doing that every week for the last 6 months.

Just found out I was wait-listed at UM. I already have an acceptance, but this is my #1 choice - anyone know how many are wait listed and what the chances of getting an acceptance are?

Yup. The title of my email was "still interested in interviewing with you" and I literally just said "I am still interested in interviewing with you. Are you still considering me?" And then I told them what I've been up to since I applied, which is working but not in the dental field but I tied it in and sent an updated resume. (I'm working with a new business owner, she's having a hard time generating business, and so I said "I have learned from this experience that I'd rather buy into a practice than start one from scratch.") It never hurts to make a case for yourself!

UCLA interview invitation this morning!!! Woohoo :soexcited:

A quick question to everyone though, do I have a pretty good chance of getting into UCLA? My interview date is toward the end of February and I know a lot of seats are already taken. I am extremely happy for this opportunity and OF COURSE I am gonna attend the interview without a doubt but I just wanted know the reality.

Accepted to: Loma Linda, USC

A quick question to everyone though, do I have a pretty good chance of getting into UCLA? My interview date is toward the end of February and I know a lot of seats are already taken. I am extremely happy for this opportunity and OF COURSE I am gonna attend the interview without a doubt but I just wanted know the reality.

Congrats on those two acceptances. Can you share your stat? For Loma Linda, how do you think your app stands out among all?

So I received rejections from Baylor and UTHSC in San Antonio, but I interviewed at UTHSC in Houston :soexcited: not so long ago this year.
However, when I received my rejection from Baylor they said: "We realize that you may have been successful in gaining admission to another dental school, but should you wish to reapply for the succeeding year..." What in the world are they trying to tell me??? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm just in desperate need ofsome sort of explanation. Do they mean that they know I interviewed at UTHSC in Houston or what?

So I received rejections from Baylor and UTHSC in San Antonio, but I interviewed at UTHSC in Houston :soexcited: not so long ago this year.
However, when I received my rejection from Baylor they said: "We realize that you may have been successful in gaining admission to another dental school, but should you wish to reapply for the succeeding year..." What in the world are they trying to tell me??? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm just in desperate need ofsome sort of explanation. Do they mean that they know I interviewed at UTHSC in Houston or what?
I received that same email. I have been accepted to UTHSC-Memphis so maybe they knew that but I don't think that's what they meant. Sorry! I hope you hear some good news soon!

Congrats. If you don't mind please share your stats.
The Reality is if you want to specialize, UCLA is the right place.
If you want to be a general I think Loma Linda is good.

For all those who were on the rutgers and UNC rejection trains with me.. The train is now headed to Michigan. Rejected.

All aboard the Michigan rejection train! I have a first class seat.

Reactions: 2 users
All aboard the Michigan rejection train! I have a first class seat.

Same here lol. I like how other schools try to be all nice in their rejection letters. Michigan's sounded more like, "Sucks to be you."

Emailed all the schools, each schools reply "Your application is in review, we'll email you with any updates."

-_____-

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe an odd question but I just tore my ACL and meniscus playing ball and in turn I am having to miss school and drop a class to make me a 13 credit student. Should I reach out to schools now and inform them in case my grades suffer or should I wait until I see what actually happens to my grades?

Maybe an odd question but I just tore my ACL and meniscus playing ball and in turn I am having to miss school and drop a class to make me a 13 credit student. Should I reach out to schools now and inform them in case my grades suffer or should I wait until I see what actually happens to my grades?

Depends.

Was this event an interview invite or an offer of admission?