**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted at nyu. I am getting- waitlisted left and right.

Only place i need to hear from is western which i think will be either waitlist or rejection due horrible interview.

I am gonna have to start preparing fo4 next cycle as my situation doesnt look too promising.

I just want to cry :(
No crying!!! I seriously come on here everyday to see if you and @zircushio get in! I know that sounds creepy but I have been silently rooting for you guys!!!!!!!!!!! You'll get off those wait lists and you will have your pick of them!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
So...is it better to be wait listed or not hearing back at all? :nailbiting:

If you've interviewed and don't hear back after a few weeks, call because not all schools send an email if you're on the wait list. So not hearing back = wait listing sometimes.

H
If it makes you feel better, I have been waitlisted at UIC, Midwestern and UoK (OOS). SIUe said they were re-evaluating my application.

How long have you been wait listed at Midwestern for? Also is it AZ or IL because I'm on the wait list at AZ too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern-IL and waitlist was postmarked as feb. 4th but my interview was Jan 8th.

Not to jinx it, but the chances are very very high I think. Everyone in my interview group was accepted. Interview was really chill and fast. Mine lasted no more than 10 min. Good luck!!

Do you mind sharing your interview date/experiences and how early you heard back from the school?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing your interview date/experiences and how early you heard back from the school?
Interviewed on Jan 16 and heard back on Jan 18. Interview day was very relaxed. Short interview, 10-15 max. Interviewers just asked if I had any questions about ucla. I literally said "No, are there any reasons why I shouldn't attend?" The interviewer LOL'ed and said "beach babes become less and less appealing." Then he asked if I like tanning. Then we talked about nano-diamonds and curing cancer

After, short tour around school. Not much to see really especially if you've interview elsewhere at private dental schools. They took measurements of your glove and coat sizes. Then FREE LUNCH plus student panel Q&A session.

All in all, no reason to fret. Got the sense that UCLA doesn't grant interviews unless you're a high prospect. Noemi said class was half full when I interviewed. 6 people in my group, of which I know for sure 4 were accepted, just because they joined the facebook group. Very solid school. Good name, good curriculum, good location. But you probably know that already

Good luck at the interview! Don't worry about it. Hopefully you'll join the class of 2019

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on Jan 16 and heard back on Jan 18. Interview day was very relaxed. Short interview, 10-15 max. Interviewers just asked if I had any questions about ucla. I literally said "No, are there any reasons why I shouldn't attend?" The interviewer LOL'ed and said "beach babes become less and less appealing." Then he asked if I like tanning. Then we talked about nano-diamonds and curing cancer

After, short tour around school. Not much to see really especially if you've interview elsewhere at private dental schools. They took measurements of your glove and coat sizes. Then FREE LUNCH plus student panel Q&A session.

All in all, no reason to fret. Got the sense that UCLA doesn't grant interviews unless you're a high prospect. Noemi said class was half full when I interviewed. 6 people in my group, of which I know for sure 4 were accepted, just because they joined the facebook group. Very solid school. Good name, good curriculum, good location. But you probably know that already

Good luck at the interview! Don't worry about it. Hopefully you'll join the class of 2019

Wow thanks a lot for that detailed overview of the interview day! You are Awesome :) Hopefully we will be future classmates :highfive:

No crying!!! I seriously come on here everyday to see if you and @zircushio get in! I know that sounds creepy but I have been silently rooting for you guys!!!!!!!!!!! You'll get off those wait lists and you will have your pick of them!!!

:')

I am still patiently waiting from the remaining schools. Keeping my hopes up, but it's getting harder each passing day....

Reactions: 13 users
Interview at UPENN Feb 19th. DAT TS20 AA20 GPA Overall 3.83 Science 3.69 Application date 10/2... anyone interviewed at UPENN that has any advice for me? Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
well i wanted to hear back from NYU and i did.

rejected. Just now.

Sorry to hear that :/. How were you notified if you don't mind me asking? and did you interview?

email. nope. I got an email two days ago asking for my fall grades and sent them that. I got a 4.0 across 18 credits but apparently that wasn't enough? lol

email. nope. I got an email two days ago asking for my fall grades and sent them that. I got a 4.0 across 18 credits but apparently that wasn't enough? lol
Or you are too good for them, lol

I got that same email asking for updated grades two ago as well. If they used AADSAS then they would've seen that I completed my application update at the end of December.

I got that same email asking for updated grades two ago as well. If they used AADSAS then they would've seen that I completed my application update at the end of December.
When did you guys apply? Looks like they are sorting through applications now but I haven't heard anything yet.

Just talked to UOP, they said they have filled their class and any interview invite from now on would be for a spot on their waitlist

When did you guys apply? Looks like they are sorting through applications now but I haven't heard anything yet.

My initial application for all other schools was mailed out on 7/7. I added NYU shortly after and it was mailed out to them on 8/1. I haven't heard much from them other than the fall grades email. And I've been sending them update/interest emails.

Same thing happened with UNLV for me. They asked for my masters grades in Novemeber, I sent them my best grades yet, and then they immediately said no... What was the point haha?

Lmao that's what I said in my head when I got the email too

Did you hear back from them yet? Same thing happened to me and I'm still waiting for at least an invite to interview..

I wonder if school admissions reps look at these threads and laugh at how desperate we are this late in the cycle. They probably have a drinking game where every time someone posts "waitlisted" or "rejection" they have to drink. :highfive::troll:

Reactions: 14 users
Did you hear back from them yet? Same thing happened to me and I'm still waiting for at least an invite to interview..

Received that email and told them that I completed my academic update on AADSAS in December.....no reply yet.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Louisville and Creighton are both full. Probably waiting until after the April first hard deadline to totally reject. As an aside, I had a friend that got into University of Missouri, KC get rejected from Creighton in May 2 years ago...so there is that...
Where did you see that about Louisville and Creighton?

Boston interview invite! Woohoo!

Reactions: 14 users
Waitlisted for interview

School: MWU-AZ
Notification Date: 2/12/15
Method of Notification: AADSAS portal
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none

Waitlisted for interview

School: MWU-AZ
Notification Date: 2/12/15
Method of Notification: AADSAS portal
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none

what is waitlisted for interview? They just didn't offer you interview and deferred their decision?

Interviewed at ASDOH and LECOM in October. Wait listed at LECOM and waiting on news from ASDOH. I had given up on getting interviews but today I actually got one from Howard for Feb 25! Don't lose hope just yet!

Reactions: 1 users
what is waitlisted for interview? They just didn't offer you interview and deferred their decision?

I called them to ask what it meant. They said if you interviewed and weren't rejected or accepted, you were put on the "alternate" list. But if you haven't interviewed and your portal says "wait listed", then you are next in line to get an interview if their class doesn't fill up in the next few weeks.

I called them to ask what it meant. They said if you interviewed and weren't rejected or accepted, you were put on the "alternate" list. But if you haven't interviewed and your portal says "wait listed", then you are next in line to get an interview if their class doesn't fill up in the next few weeks.

Never heard of this before.

I've been following this thread for awhile now and thought I'd finally contribute.

Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Application Complete Date: 7/2/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24/none

Applied: UW, UCSF, Minnesota, Pacific, Boston, Columbia, Pitt, Penn, Western, Michigan.
Interviewed: UW, Minnesota, Penn, Pitt
Accepted: UW, Minnesota, Penn, Pitt
Rejected: UCSF, Michigan

I've been following this thread for awhile now and thought I'd finally contribute.

Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Application Complete Date: 7/2/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24/none

Applied: UW, UCSF, Minnesota, Pacific, Boston, Columbia, Pitt, Penn, Western, Michigan.
Interviewed: UW, Minnesota, Penn, Pitt
Accepted: UW, Minnesota, Penn, Pitt
Rejected: UCSF, Michigan

So are you going to UW?

I called them and they said if we didn't interview yet then we were going to get rejected next Friday (today)

I called them and they said if we didn't interview yet then we were going to get rejected next Friday (today)
Nice of them to show us such love on Valentine's Eve and Friday the 13th too!

Reactions: 2 users
FIRST ACCEPTANCE TO MY TOP CHOICE: TEMPLE 2019!!

guys...this is surreal! I still can't believe it

Reactions: 27 users
congrats!! when did you interview there?

Thank you! I interviewed back in October so its been a long 4.5 months wait but it was totally worth it. I'm not a science major so I didn't expect to get accepted in December

Reactions: 4 users