Official Interview Thread c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the link!! I was told that theres a section per school, where people post questions they were asked during the interviews... Am I totally wrong? Sorry again!! I am really bad with this haha

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the link!! I was told that theres a section per school, where people post questions they were asked during the interviews... Am I totally wrong? Sorry again!! I am really bad with this haha

Yeah. The one I posted as all that.
Just click the number under interview feedback for the school you want to look at.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I might as well bookmark this thread because I check it so often! This isn't for interviews, but have any Wisconsin applicants received notification to fill out the supplemental app? I believe they said they would notify sometime in November.

I think I might as well bookmark this thread because I check it so often! This isn't for interviews, but have any Wisconsin applicants received notification to fill out the supplemental app? I believe they said they would notify sometime in November.

You'll probably get it sometime soon. I think I got access to it sometime around this week last year and it was due about a month later.

Okay, I think we should not post in here unless we have interviews. It is making me nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't want to sound rude, but can you guys keep the useless banter to a minimum on this thread? Thought this was the official interview thread...

Don't want to sound rude, but can you guys keep the useless banter to a minimum on this thread? Thought this was the official interview thread...

Banter! (J/K)

Yes, it is the official interview thread, but people do come on here on occasion to rant or express to others going through the process how stressed they are and to look for support from others. People also come on her to congratulate others on interviews and things so often times it can stray off topic some. But this is what makes pre-vet unique, we are a close community and like to support each other and often times it strays away from the topic, either you don't like it or you learn to love it and become a part of the community, but that choice is yours. :)

I know, I get it. People are stressed, yes. But there are plenty of pre-vet students that check this website for any news that can relieve the stresses of the application process without officially registering on SDN to join this "community" you speak of. Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not worthy enough to join this sacred "community" of yours and I won't even try. I just want to know who's getting interviews to the schools that I'm applying to without having to read all this other nonsense, that's all.

I know, I get it. People are stressed, yes. But there are plenty of pre-vet students that check this website for any news that can relieve the stresses of the application process without officially registering on SDN to join this "community" you speak of. Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not worthy enough to join this sacred "community" of yours and I won't even try. I just want to know who's getting interviews to the schools that I'm applying to without having to read all this other nonsense, that's all.

First of all, feel free to peace out at anytime. Second, just scroll through until you see the list of schools and ignore the rest if it. Third, you have officially added to the "banter" you speak of. :welcome:

Did you just join so you could tell people to not post "banter"?

:wtf:

Sorry our celebrating other peoples' achievements and chatting with friends doesn't meet your fancy.

Sounds like a future gunner.. Come on, lighten up a bit, if you actually joined the community you would find it very welcoming and enjoyable... Even with all the " nonsense " , FWIW.. Plus the more people that contribute, the more valuable info that is available to the entire community... :cool:

Don't worry, I'm sure I'm not worthy enough to join this sacred "community" of yours and I won't even try.

tumblr_lyvz3b3C3M1r3k1m8o1_500.png

Auburn:

Florida: Tegan (10/30 IS) ; TheU13 (10/30, OS) ; Awendela (10/30, OS)

Glasgow: AceRH731 (10/28, OS) ; dmb320 (10/28, OS) ; Vethopeful44 (10/28, OS), tbear (10/31, OS) , jestry (10/31, OS)

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State: dmb320 (10/23, IS) ; SBenjamin1190 (10/23, Contract State) ; armstrh (10/23) ; Restless91 (10/23) contract (ND);

KSU: eschmidt32 (10/31, IS) ; Kansas Girl (10/31, IS) ; hai1983 (11/5, OOS) ; irrelephant23 (11/5/12; 12/16/12; OOS) ; JUMPtheMOON711 (11/5/12; 12/16/12; OOS) ;

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State: Leanne (11/14/12, 12/1/12, IS)

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University: Cs5910(Interviewed, accepted)

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University: MaiT (10/28) ; christiansenle 10/5 (interviewed 10/20, determination due by 11/14)

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Washington State University:

Western:

I am so excited I can't sit still! :biglove:

Here comes the flood of Ohio interviews, YAAAAY for Ohio people !!! :love:

Congrats Leanne!!!!

Congrats on Ohio!!!!

And flood is definietly an understatement.

And as for keeping the "banter" a minimum, I understand that. But at the same time, why bother making an account at all if you're not going to join the conversations? You can read the threads without being a member. If you take the time, you'll find that we are all pretty supportive people.

Yay Ohio!!!!

Good luck all! I'm actually interviewing tomorrow to be a student ambassador. There are 33 applicants for 8 spots, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

Yay Ohio!!!!

Good luck all! I'm actually interviewing tomorrow to be a student ambassador. There are 33 applicants for 8 spots, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

That's a hell of a lot better than our odds :D

Aww, congratulations!!!!!! This is wonderful!

Ditto. Does anyone know or what do past experiences indicate?

As far as I know, Ohio State does not really give out invites/acceptances on an in state vs out of state basis. They usually just get a batch together and send them out. So it will be mixed. Maybe someone who works in student affairs can better answer this. (I know there are some student employees in student affairs who are on SDN :cool:)

I don't know if things will change this year because of the larger applicant pool, but if anything in staters would get notified later. Since we have an in stater with an interview invite already, it doesn't appear to be that way. But again, this is just speculation and things may be different this year.

:luck: Everyone!

Thanks everyone! :) I RSVP'd for December 1st and then realized it's just over two weeks away...eek! But less time to worry, hopefully.

Thanks everyone! :) I RSVP'd for December 1st and then realized it's just over two weeks away...eek! But less time to worry, hopefully.

I think I just had a heart attack. But CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Did you get an e-mail? Did your online status change? I hope more come out soon!

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CONGRATS!! :) crossing my fingers for you! im OS....so hopefully me too!! :)

I think I just had a heart attack. But CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Did you get an e-mail? Did your online status change? I hope more come out soon!

Ditto!!! Congratulations on the interview invite! It's great to know they are getting invites out, but at the same time, it makes me soooo nervous :scared:

My application status on Buckeyelink still says "In Review"...was there another way to check it via the vet school site? I can't remember. But yes, I got an email with the interview offer. It did say that December 1 is the "early interview date" and there were four or five other dates listed through December and January, so plenty of time!

Congrats Leanne! That's so exciting!

Ditto!!! Congratulations on the interview invite! It's great to know they are getting invites out, but at the same time, it makes me soooo nervous :scared:

Agreed...one million times agreed!

As far as I know, Ohio State does not really give out invites/acceptances on an in state vs out of state basis. They usually just get a batch together and send them out. So it will be mixed. Maybe someone who works in student affairs can better answer this. (I know there are some student employees in student affairs who are on SDN :cool:)

I don't know if things will change this year because of the larger applicant pool, but if anything in staters would get notified later. Since we have an in stater with an interview invite already, it doesn't appear to be that way. But again, this is just speculation and things may be different this year.

:luck: Everyone!

Trying to figure out why Admissions sends out the interviews when they do will just drive you crazy. They randomize the email invites on purpose. Admissions does decided on a certain # of IS and a certain # OOS applications to interview for the given year. Good news is that this year the # of interviews will be higher than what we normally do because of the significant increase in OOS applicants. :)

I RSVP'd for December 1st and then realized it's just over two weeks away...eek! But less time to worry, hopefully.

Congrats, Leanne!!! I'll be at the applicant dinner the night before your interview so hopefully I'll get to meet you! If you have any questions in the meantime feel free to PM me.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! Patiently :)laugh:) waiting for MIZZZZZZZOU!!!! :D

Haha, me too! I definately don't check my emails and sdn constantly :laugh:

Congratulations on the interviews guys!

Auburn:

Florida: Tegan (10/30 IS) ; TheU13 (10/30, OS) ; Awendela (10/30, OS)

Glasgow: AceRH731 (10/28, OS) ; dmb320 (10/28, OS) ; Vethopeful44 (10/28, OS), tbear (10/31, OS) , jestry (10/31, OS)

Guelph:

Illinois:

Iowa State: dmb320 (10/23, IS) ; SBenjamin1190 (10/23, Contract State) ; armstrh (10/23) ; Restless91 (10/23) contract (ND); kakuru (11/15; i 12/2; OOS)

KSU: eschmidt32 (10/31, IS) ; Kansas Girl (10/31, IS) ; hai1983 (11/5, OOS) ; irrelephant23 (11/5/12; 12/16/12; OOS) ; JUMPtheMOON711 (11/5/12; 12/16/12; OOS) ;

LSU:

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Ohio State: Leanne (11/14/12, 12/1/12, IS)

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

Penn:

Purdue:

Ross University: Cs5910(Interviewed, accepted)

Royal Veterinary College:

St. George's University: MaiT (10/28) ; christiansenle 10/5 (interviewed 10/20, determination due by 11/14)

Tennessee:

Texas A&M:

Tufts:

Tuskegee:

UC Davis:

University of Calgary:

VMRCVM:

Washington State University:

Western:

:D

SO SOON!!!

Wahoo kakuru! ! !