**Official: July 25, 2013 MCAT**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guess we should go ahead and start this up!

T-minus: 110 days...

Happy studying, my fellow hopeless souls.

Members don't see this ad.

"what do yall plan on doing once you get your desired score (because I know you will)?"

I've made plans to go to trivia night at the bar with my friends regardless of my score. Good score: drink in celebration. Bad Score: drink away the misery. Mediocre score: still drink. Its a foolproof plan.

I'm going to celebrate my birthday...lol... might be the best/worst gift ever.

just spent my gift card on a juicer and a book about us healthcare, hahaha. I just wish we could fast forward ~28 hours!!!

Weird, I didn't get any emails about my gift card yet. I put in some effort but don't think I did super since my trial section was a psychology section. But even then I should have gotten a email saying that I didn't qualify for the card.

I hope this means I didn't accidentally void the test some how o_O I do remember doing a post-test questionnaire after my trial section

Members don't see this ad :)
"what do yall plan on doing once you get your desired score (because I know you will)?"

I've made plans to go to trivia night at the bar with my friends regardless of my score. Good score: drink in celebration. Bad Score: drink away the misery. Mediocre score: still drink. Its a foolproof plan.

I like this plan, I just might use it myself :D

Weird, I didn't get any emails about my gift card yet. I put in some effort but don't think I did super since my trial section was a psychology section. But even then I should have gotten a email saying that I didn't qualify for the card.

I hope this means I didn't accidentally void the test some how o_O I do remember doing a post-test questionnaire after my trial section
dont worry, they dont even let u take the trial section if u voided the test

I was feeling alright until I got in the shower this morning. My mind started racing about all the possible scores I can get and how I would feel about each of them. Practically having an anxiety attack right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know what time the scores will be released?
On the AAMC page is says after 5 pm ET, does this mean that the scores will definitely not come out before 5 pm?
Can someone who took the exam before let us know what happened last time.
Thanks

Do we know what time the scores will be released?
On the AAMC page is says after 5 pm ET, does this mean that the scores will definitely not come out before 5 pm?
Can someone who took the exam before let us know what happened last time.
Thanks

Most of the time, they are up before 5pm. Most people have said between 1pm and 3 pm. AAMC has a twitter account (type in "aamc twitter" on google). They will tweet when scores are up.

Also, if you watch this thread tomorrow, it will logarithmically increase in posts every minute.

Hope this helps!

now I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm almost certain that i bombed PS and BS due to a lack of content review and am unsure of VR due to its unpredictable nature.
however, the small bit of hope that a miracle will happen has got me through the past month.

also, everyone please make sure to post even if you bombed it. i don't think it is fair if only those who did well post their scores and everyone else takes the cowards way out by not posting.

now I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm almost certain that i bombed PS and BS due to a lack of content review and am unsure of VR due to its unpredictable nature.
however, the small bit of hope that a miracle will happen has got me through the past month.

also, everyone please make sure to post even if you bombed it. i don't think it is fair if only those who did well post their scores and everyone else takes the cowards way out by not posting.
lol idk how you expect ppl who bombed it to post their score on here, wat good wud that do? i know i wouldnt

lol... make the scores public?

I'm looking forward to your score, don't be a coward. lol Hopefully you won't have to be...and you did well.

Please try to use this or a similar format when posting your score:

AAMC 9-11 average:
Post-test prediction(s):
Actual test score:

Also, it would be awesome if everyone could post the time at which they took the test.

Please try to use this or a similar format when posting your score:

AAMC 9-11 average:
Post-test prediction(s):
Actual test score:

Also, it would be awesome if everyone could post the time at which they took the test.

If I recall correctly there was only the 8 AM test for this date. But yes, this is a nice organized format that helps others have some sense of how the practice exams and expectations match up to actual results. Further elaboration on how you felt also helps too!

Let's see you post your score publicly for the world to see after you bombed the test and didn't meet your expectations on such an important exam before calling other people cowards.

I'm gonna be at work when the scores come in. I'll head to a bar afterwards and see what it is to determine what kind of drinking I'll be doing. :D

Here's to hoping everyone gets the score they want. :luck:

Let's see you post your score publicly for the world to see after you bombed the test and didn't meet your expectations on such an important exam before calling other people cowards.

its nothing personal. if everyone posts then we will have a better understanding of how well post-test feelings and trial section results correlate with actual performance.

besides this is an anonymous forum for the most part and no one knows you in real life. if i told you i got 1/1/1 what would happen to me? would you come to my house and laugh at me? would you make fun of me through this forum? (oh noes). pffft

Good luck today, everyone. Here's to hoping our daily averages were so high they made the administrators cringe with frustration.

its nothing personal. if everyone posts then we will have a better understanding of how well post-test feelings and trial section results correlate with actual performance.

besides this is an anonymous forum for the most part and no one knows you in real life. if i told you i got 1/1/1 what would happen to me? would you come to my house and laugh at me? would you make fun of me through this forum? (oh noes). pffft

I totally understand what you're saying and you have a point. If everyone posts their scores then we all have a realistic idea of what the average is. Unfortunately only the people who score well usually post their scores giving everyone a skewed perception than the average score is a 30+ which it isn't. Average score is usually about a 25-26. Unfortunately most people won't post their scores if they didn't feel they did well.

I agree. But it's unnecessary to call people cowards for doing this. It's understandable that those disappointed with their mid-20s scores would be reluctant to post about it, even on an anonymous forum.

I totally understand what you're saying and you have a point. If everyone posts their scores then we all have a realistic idea of what the average is. Unfortunately only the people who score well usually post their scores giving everyone a skewed perception than the average score is a 30+ which it isn't. Average score is usually about a 25-26. Unfortunately most people won't post their scores if they didn't feel they did well.

Most of the time when the score is not good, people are upset and don't feel like talking about it let alone writing down in details. I can really see where they come from.

I'd have to disagree. The first time I took it 9/11/12 I got a 24 and I haven't posted (or told many people about) it until now. I had a very difficult time accepting it at first and tried my best to rid my mind of it.

It was mostly due to shame but I also felt that by posting a low score I didn't have anything meaningful to offer the thread but was rather fishing for condolences. People with high scores post because they did well but also because their experiences will be more helpful for those planning on retaking the test because they did poorly.

This is my second time sitting and I can tell you now I won't post if I did poorly and I will (most likely) post if I did well but only because I believe it better benefits the group. And FYI, I think that post test feelings are just about as accurate as the Sunday Times Horroscopes (sorry if I offended any astrology majors)!

Hey all! Good luck today! I will say I'm nervous! I saw people posting about scores in the mid 20's and being embarrassed. Here's what I think. We are all on the same team. We are all adults and we should all be helping each other out. There are plenty of medical schools and positions open for everyone. Some people are super smart and academics and others are super smart in other respects. That being said maybe my story will help those of you who got mid20 scores or who don't dub yourself a genius. I might add that I'm probably a little older than most of you so here is an old timers perspective.

I took the mcat last year and scored 8/8/9. Not impressive but not a complete bust. What is remarkable is that I relied only on memorized science knowledge to get that score. No strategy. Eeek! I finished most sections 15 minutes early because I didn't use the passages to problem solve. That was stupid lol. But I learned from it. I hired a strategy tutor and spent the last 6 months in a very committed relationship with the AAMC practice tests. I'm not ashamed of my mid20 score. I learned a lot from it. No one expects you to be perfect, they just expect you to try. Now obviously I wasn't probably going to get in with a 25 but that's the beauty of the MCAT. You have a starting point and if you make an effort to improve, you can score that 32 or 36. I have no idea what my score will be this time around. I hope to break that 30 mark, but if I don't, there is always September. Take a deep breath. You all have the ability to get into medical school and I promise you! I can't say that I'm an expert, who knows I might get a cumulative 10 on this MCAT, but if you are struggling and would like to discuss it, let me know! I'm happy to talk strategy, study tips or provide a confidence boost!

I hope everyone gets the score they want today! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. And don't forget to breathe! No one wants a blue doctor!

Yes def good luck to all.

I think I will have the strongest index finger on earth as I press the refresh button on the aamc_mcat twitter account and the THX site.

I just want to remind everyone, that according to AAMC's Table 24 for Accepted applicants (MCAT v GPA), even one person got in with a GPA range of 3.0-3.19 and an MCAT between a 5-14. Maybe that kid was the Dean's daughter or cured cleft palate in Africa, but it still happened

Breathe deeply today, and good luck to us all!

This was my third and final time taking the exam. I am not too nervous because I am fortunate to have an acceptance waiting for me for next year. I promise to post whatever my score may be. I only took a few practice test before the real deal but did a ton of practice passages for the last few weeks to get ready. Only about 6 weeks of real studying because it is my third time.

1st test 4/12- 8/8/7 23
2nd test 8/12- 10/8/8 26

AAMC 7or9 (cant remember)- 9/8/10 27
AAMC 10- 10/11/11 32
AAMC 11- 9/11/10 30

Post test feeling-
PS- Not too bad
VR- Fine until last two passages
BS- Discretes felt crazy hard, but passages weren't too confusing
My Guess: 9/11/9 29

Please appreciate the gusto of this post. Will update in an hour.

It is so quiet from the July 25 and 26 gangs that I can hear a pin drop on SDN campus........

Now 2:35 PM EST.

That's because most of us have entered some sort of respiratory distress from hyperventilating while constantly reloading the AAMC twitter. Lol. I have a stinking exam tomorrow. In the last hour I've read one page. Success! Lol

This is my first time posting on SDN (I'm freaking out so much that I couldn't resist the urge to post something).

I felt like I completely bombed the mcat - I went home and tried to figure out when I can register again for another test. Can't remember a single question on the test, and I don't even remember solving a single question. All I know is that I ran out of time for verbal (had 4 min for last passage) so I had some blind guesses.

Did anyone else run out of time for verbal? I almost never ran out of time when I was doing practice tests

This is my first time posting on SDN (I'm freaking out so much that I couldn't resist the urge to post something).

I felt like I completely bombed the mcat - I went home and tried to figure out when I can register again for another test. Can't remember a single question on the test, and I don't even remember solving a single question. All I know is that I ran out of time for verbal (had 4 min for last passage) so I had some blind guesses.

Did anyone else run out of time for verbal? I almost never ran out of time when I was doing practice tests

I ran out of time on verbal and blind guessed an entire passage. Take a deep breath it's not that you answer all the questions it's take you got the ones you answered correctly. And if you think about it if you blind guess you have at least a 25% of getting each one right. So if you got all the questions correct on 6 of the passages and guessed on the 5 questions of the last passage, that means you could technically get a 36/40 on VR. That's a like a 12. Lets say you didn't get any right on the last passage and missed one question per passage on the others for a total of 11 missed. That's still roughly a 9 or 10. Take a deep breath. The VR was a monster on this one everyone thought so.

True. Doubt I got all the other questions right, but I'll take it. Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better.

How's everyone doing?

Also, does anyone know how the curve works? Is it just amongst people who wrote it on the same test date, or do we get different questions, or is the curve for all the people had taken the mcat with the same passages?

(oops, way to use another account LOL, I have two browsers open)

I ran out of time on verbal and blind guessed an entire passage. Take a deep breath it's not that you answer all the questions it's take you got the ones you answered correctly. And if you think about it if you blind guess you have at least a 25% of getting each one right. So if you got all the questions correct on 6 of the passages and guessed on the 5 questions of the last passage, that means you could technically get a 36/40 on VR. That's a like a 12. Lets say you didn't get any right on the last passage and missed one question per passage on the others for a total of 11 missed. That's still roughly a 9 or 10. Take a deep breath. The VR was a monster on this one everyone thought so.

I'm fine, just working on my second pack of M&Ms because I have nothing to do besides wait for my score and stress eat :eek:

It's 3:00! I think scores are usually around 3:10... can't believe today is already here yall. Wish the best for all of you (and myself :thumbup:)