**Official: July 25, 2013 MCAT**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guess we should go ahead and start this up!

T-minus: 110 days...

Happy studying, my fellow hopeless souls.

Members don't see this ad.

That last VR passage could have been in ****ing Arabic for all I know... honestly some of these passages could be used as sleep medication

I know Arabic, and I can confirm that the last passage was indeed written in Arabic. It seems AAMC wants to give a fair shot to some of the pre-med ESL students out there.

:laugh:

In all seriousness, that was most definitely a hard VR. My VR average was a 10.6 (range: 10-12), and leaving that test I felt like I scored somewhere in the range of 8-9.

"I know Arabic, and I can confirm that the last passage was indeed written in Arabic."

I took a year of Arabic and I still didn't understand a single sentence of the last two passages. I'll admit that not even my minor in Classics helped me with VR.

I feel defeated. I made it just over 3 weeks without posting on the effing site. The last time I took the MCAT, 9/11/2012 (a bad omen, perhaps), I did terrible and reading the Official MCAT Thread drove me insane. I thought I'd spare myself the pain by avoiding this site but it is easier said than done. I'm happy I made it this long anyways.

Let's have a good Wednesday night, everyone!

Hahaha y'all make waiting a lot less painful :thumbup:

I haven't posted predictions yet but I was averaging about a 33 (12/10/12) on AAMCs and the test felt something like a 11/8/10 to me so I'm hoping for the best.

hopefully you guys are right and the verbal scale is generous. It'll be interesting to see how close or far off my actual score is from my prediction and aamc average.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm counting on you guys to be drinking beer and vodka with me around 3:30 next Tuesday. My roommates will be judging me pretty heavily for going from hermit to Lindsay Lohan in less than a month. :D

I'm drinking beer right now and I can tell you that if the score is bad the hermit phase only lasts for a few days. Then you realize there is a life beyond a silly test. I don't know what it feels like to have a good score though...

I'm spending this weekend away from anything app related with friends, only to be hit with the actual MCAT score this Tuesday. This trip probably should've been scheduled better as I may need a boozy weekend to either celebrate or commiserate :laugh:

Yes they are!

I scored 53% on the trial section, haha. I kinda gave up at the end b/c I was so tired. In fact, I was so dazed by the end, I dont even remember one question from that section.

T-minus 5 days. I feel like throwing up every time I think about how close we are

Yes they are!

I scored 53% on the trial section, haha. I kinda gave up at the end b/c I was so tired. In fact, I was so dazed by the end, I dont even remember one question from that section.

T-minus 5 days. I feel like throwing up every time I think about how close we are

Lol, 53% here too. I had a psych/social section and just didn't have it in me to read any more long passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I just used my 30 dollars. Towards a tablet, hahaha. Anyone else used their gift card yet?,lol.

81% on the psych section! ...if only that was an indicator of how I did on the real, scored part hahaha. glad we all get some retail therapy though while we wait out the next few days!

81% on the psych section! ...if only that was an indicator of how I did on the real, scored part hahaha. glad we all get some retail therapy though while we wait out the next few days!

I also got 81% on the psych section! and also wish it was some sort of indicator on how I did on the test. Like, if I got 81% of the questions right on a subject I haven't seen in over 3 years, how well did I do on the other stuff? lol too bad that doesn't mean anything, but that $30 amazon gift card is nice though.

5 more days guys :scared::scared::scared:

I also got 81% on the psych section! and also wish it was some sort of indicator on how I did on the test. Like, if I got 81% of the questions right on a subject I haven't seen in over 3 years, how well did I do on the other stuff? lol too bad that doesn't mean anything, but that $30 amazon gift card is nice though.

5 more days guys :scared::scared::scared:

i browsed some other threads and looked for any correlation between trial section score and actual MCAT score. i found a very small correlation. many did well on the trial (top quartile) and still scored badly on the non-trial section (<30)

i browsed some other threads and looked for any correlation between trial section score and actual MCAT score. i found a very small correlation. many did well on the trial (top quartile) and still scored badly on the non-trial section (<30)

tumblr_lkquqoCiJA1qer15to1_500.jpg

You answered 63% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.
Awesome! Ha had to read the email four times to find the percentage :) Guess I'm not good at skimming

Information about MCAT scores:

Your MCAT scores should be released after 5 p.m. ET 30-35 days after your test date.

Also I'm probably being paranoid but why after 5 pm :(

Surprised by how many people actually completed the trial section. I didn't even bother with it. After the test I was so tired and disappointed any way. Wonder if they will hate you or lower your score for not even attempt the trial section.

I got a 38% on the trial! Yay! $30 for minimal effort. That's probably the first nice thing the MCAT peeps have done for anyone... ever. JK, I'm sure they're all great people who adopt puppies from the pound, give monies to bums before they get on the freeway, and flush the toilet every time, even in public restrooms.

34% on the trial section..i really hope that doesnt correlate to my actual score..this made me even more nervous, even tho i kno i didnt even try for it

71% here!

Guys, I am super nervous for Tuesday! Remember, scores usually come out at ~3pm even though they say 5pm on the website. I will see you all then!

Considering how late they've been with everything this year, it wouldn't surprise me if we got our scores back on Wednesday :laugh:

Surprised by how many people actually completed the trial section. I didn't even bother with it. After the test I was so tired and disappointed any way. Wonder if they will hate you or lower your score for not even attempt the trial section.

when i did my trial it was simply to repress the real test questions, and it worked, i remember the trial q's better even today.

all i did for the trial was read the question, look at the graphs and choose an answer that best matched the relationships in the data. i wasn't about to read 6 paragraphs of crazy.

I didnt get an email about the trial section yet... should I be worried? haha I hope my actual exam got scored!

53% on the psych trial section and got the gift card. I tried in the beginning of the trial section, but half-way through I lost any motivation and started winging it a bit. It didn't seem super difficult though, and I'm sure the 2015'ers will be fine if they study hard.

I'm officially nervous for the 27th though. I think I got 10+ on the science sections, but I have a very bad feeling about verbal. There were too many 50/50 answers in my opinion, and the passages certainly weren't lenient. I can't remember details of the exam at this point but man, I'm definitely more nervous now than I was over the past few weeks..

50% on the biochem trial section, only read the questions, didn't read ANY passages... i was too beat to read any passages lol not too shabby

So did everyone get the gift card?

I got the gift card as well, and let's keep positive, our scores on the trial definitely do not correlate with the actual MCAT, although its hard not to think that way. I just keep telling myself I was tired and barely read through the questions on the trial so don't worry about it!

53% on the psych trial section and got the gift card. I tried in the beginning of the trial section, but half-way through I lost any motivation and started winging it a bit. It didn't seem super difficult though, and I'm sure the 2015'ers will be fine if they study hard.

I'm officially nervous for the 27th though. I think I got 10+ on the science sections, but I have a very bad feeling about verbal. There were too many 50/50 answers in my opinion, and the passages certainly weren't lenient. I can't remember details of the exam at this point but man, I'm definitely more nervous now than I was over the past few weeks..

I couldn't agree more. Verbal had too many 50/50 answers. On top of that, the passages themselves were killers. I don't know why they have to torture us poor pre-med so much. I understand that not every one can be doctors, but there are many other ways that are more effective than verbal reasoning at measuring talents. Just my opinion.

ugh ya'll are scaring me with all the verbal comments. i thought it was okay! except the last two passages. but then again, already established that i pushed all the miserable things of the test out of memory.

kinda worried about ps though. i remember one of the earlier chem conceptual passages was a mind****.

hoping for a 35+ T______T

I think you get a gift card if they determined you put in a good faith effort. Did you randomly guess answers or mark C for everything?

trial psych section: 56%
code for amazon 30$ sent to email address

I'm ready for my results! I feel like Atlas but with the weight of the MCAT resting upon my shoulders.

Last edited:
Uggggggggggggh these last few days are going by so slowly

Haha on a brighter note, what do yall plan on doing once you get your desired score (because I know you will)?

ugh ya'll are scaring me with all the verbal comments. i thought it was okay! except the last two passages. but then again, already established that i pushed all the miserable things of the test out of memory.

kinda worried about ps though. i remember one of the earlier chem conceptual passages was a mind****.

hoping for a 35+ T______T
I agree about verbal. It was a little long but in general I thought it was fine.

Is it me or has time really slowed down as Tuesday approaches?

No, it is not you :p The time is actually slow down......it is about 66.666666 min per hour.:confused: It had been proved and confirmed the past many test score announcement times.

"what do yall plan on doing once you get your desired score (because I know you will)?"

I've made plans to go to trivia night at the bar with my friends regardless of my score. Good score: drink in celebration. Bad Score: drink away the misery. Mediocre score: still drink. Its a foolproof plan.

"what do yall plan on doing once you get your desired score (because I know you will)?"

I've made plans to go to trivia night at the bar with my friends regardless of my score. Good score: drink in celebration. Bad Score: drink away the misery. Mediocre score: still drink. Its a foolproof plan.

Good, bad, mediocre: go to class the next day

So when are scores expected? Tuesday? My plan is to go on with life as usual lol.