Official MCW Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I don't know about out-of-state, but the instate is at a stand-still. 10 days have passed since my last phone call to admissions (I bet they have my AMCAS ID memorized by now), and no more movement has happened. I can't believe this - only 2 people have gotten in off the instate list, while normally this school's lists move pretty well. One girl at my interview said she was the very last person on the instate waitlist and got in. I give up. I have to start making plans. I am accepted at Ros Franklin, which is good, but I wanted MCW so much more. Well, Chicago, here I come. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. :)

Members don't see this ad.

akpete: I am also disappointed with how little the in-state waitlist has moved, and I must admit that I'm very surprised by it considering how much it seemed to have moved in the past. I guess they just overaccepted more this year than in the past. Good luck at Ros Franklin!

Thanks Jont. Good luck to you too (in whatever path it is). :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
akpete said:
Well, I don't know about out-of-state, but the instate is at a stand-still. 10 days have passed since my last phone call to admissions (I bet they have my AMCAS ID memorized by now), and no more movement has happened. I can't believe this - only 2 people have gotten in off the instate list, while normally this school's lists move pretty well. One girl at my interview said she was the very last person on the instate waitlist and got in. I give up. I have to start making plans. I am accepted at Ros Franklin, which is good, but I wanted MCW so much more. Well, Chicago, here I come. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. :)

If I were you, I would start calling MCW on a regular basis. The receptionist is super nice and doesn't mind people calling in all the time. If it doesn't work out with MCW, RF is still a great school so you still win! Good luck!

Thanks Code Brown, but I think the ranking is pretty solid, i.e. updating file and writing letters doesn't move you up. The only thing that would get me in is people dropping out. But that's okay. It's not meant to be. Ros Franklin will still be good. :)

akpete said:
Thanks Code Brown, but I think the ranking is pretty solid, i.e. updating file and writing letters doesn't move you up. The only thing that would get me in is people dropping out. But that's okay. It's not meant to be. Ros Franklin will still be good. :)

Good? It's going to be awesome! You're going to be a doctor!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: In the end, that's all that matters anyway.

gave in and called the admissions office again today...moved up 2 spots in the last week on the out of state list...28...I'm thinking i may join akpete in throwing in the towel...luckily i found out from tufts yesterday I got accepted there, and i liked that school better to begin with..i was just hoping to save myself a huge chunk of change by going to mcw...oh well.. good luck to the rest of you waiting!!

Did everyone else get the latest e-mail from Istwan? He makes it sound like there isn't much hope of being pulled off the waitlist :(
Fortunately, he attached a document about how exceptional the MCW faculty is in order to ease my pain.

jont said:
Did everyone else get the latest e-mail from Istwan? He makes it sound like there isn't much hope of being pulled off the waitlist :(
Fortunately, he attached a document about how exceptional the MCW faculty is in order to ease my pain.

Yes, I got the same email. Many students are happy with their acceptance, and little movement since May 15th. However, do not be very disappointed. If you get acceptance from other schools, that is great. If you are waitlisted in other schools, keep up your hopes. You may also want to have a back-up plan (ie. retake MCAT, reapply next year...etc.) As long as there is kindness and love in your heart, there is always hope. Good things will eventually come to you. Hang in there!!! Patience will help us become better doctors. Perseverance will help us achieve our dreams. Morality and kindness will ensure that we have a bright future.

Paing said:
This is strange because the director of admissions at MCW told me that to be accepted on wait list #26, you must be a in-state resident of Wisconsin. Are you sure you are an out-of-state student? :confused:

I don't really understand what you are talking about. :confused: Last I checked, only 2 people have been taken off the in-state waitlist. I was originally #20, and have only moved to #18.

Every time I called, all they would tell me was my # on the instate list. i.e 20/54. Each time my numer changed, the total number changed pretty much accordingly. If the lists are mixed, then they never told me that rank. Why would they mix the lists. It wouldn't make sense to do so when only instate can replace instate, and outstate can replace outstate.

akpete said:
Every time I called, all they would tell me was my # on the instate list. i.e 20/54. Each time my numer changed, the total number changed pretty much accordingly. If the lists are mixed, then they never told me that rank. Why would they mix the lists. It wouldn't make sense to do so when only instate can replace instate, and outstate can replace outstate.

You are right. :) What you said also made sense to me. I guess there are separate waitlists, one for in state and the other for out of state. They are not mixed.

So, either what I heard when I called last time was wrong, or the way I understood from the conversation was wrong.

Dear God, is MCW run by complete *****s? I already had a chip on my shoulder from their "interview" emails. Why don't they just create ONE waitlist?

Okay, so I still have no idea how the waitlist works, but I got in yesterday! I was on my way to Chicago to look for a place to live when I got the call. Good luck everyone! :)